Politics Thread 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Whatever bro. You have plenty of positions of merit. This isn't one of them. This is the information age, and the radical left has been attempting to control information to push feels instead of facts. I am neither /pol/ nor redpill, and that is true for much of the participants of this forum, 4chan, and reddit, and yet we have all been accused of these associations as well as a litany of "problematic" behavior. Statements like that are going to sink your credibility to the same degree that your farcical and justified positions on anrcho-capitalism built it up. Politics is not a team sport. Feel free to find the truth and stop drinking the kool-aid that the radical left is trying to pass off as "progressivism". We've finally got liberal staff at colleges standing up to this bullshit. Only cowards and fools are going to be left behind holding the bag when this is over.

This situation is a lot like when some religious fundie does some horrible shit and people ask why their community didn't police them. I am liberal. These people claim to be liberal. They're not. They're authoritarians trying to give birth to a dogmatic religion. They're unwelcome, and those of us that truly are liberals, that believe in equality and freedom for all, must stand against them, or else we are those that did not police our own. They're giving the left a bad name.

• 2Like
  • 1Nationalist
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
We've finally got liberal staff at colleges standing up to this bullshit. Only cowards and fools are going to be left behind holding the bag when this is over.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. A few people might even remember it. I am not being too loud about it because I want Lithose to go off on a few more 10,000 word screeds about University Life before I get loud about it.

I was a college professor for 6 years at a major university in Florida. I talked about it a lot on the old boards. It was something I was very open about. I left higher education because of the exact people you are talking about (also I got the chance to make more money). I was vocally against the rise of "radically liberalism" on campus. I left and got into a field that made me about 10x the money and was half the hassle. The problem I have and the reason I am being such a horrible, horrible poster here, is because I am not stupid enough to look at one side and think the solution is to turn 180 degrees the other direction and bury my head in the sand.

The alt-right, /pol/, 4chan and the rise of Donald Trump support thought that was a GREAT idea and ran with it. And it has gained a LOT of steam. That still doesn't make it a viable solution to the original problem. You're a disefranchised liberal and want to bring your people back to a place of sanity. Cool Bro.

However what you did was throw your lot in with Eastern European Facists that have been waiting for someone just like Trump to walk in so they feel validated about their hatred and fear of the other.

You are now firmly entrenched with the no-nothing redpiller mens-rights activists. That is your lot and you can believe with all your heart that you are working toward some common goal (which no one can articulate or give any sort of plan for), but you would be lying to yourself.

This situation is a lot like when some religious fundie does some horrible shit and people ask why their community didn't police them. I am liberal. These people claim to be liberal. They're not. They're authoritarians trying to give birth to a dogmatic religion. They're unwelcome, and those of us that truly are liberals, that believe in equality and freedom for all, must stand against them, or else we are those that did not police our own. They're giving the left a bad name.

Well let me be the first to tell you that I am a liberal and I am so thoroughly ashamed that so many other liberals have thrown their lot in with the two most corrupt and ridiculous candidates this country has ever seen. This is me policing you Argaza. You had a choice. Either one was a bad choice and I am picking neither. You picked one and it was a bad choice. The people that picked the other one are also making a bad choice.

You made the statement about feels vs facts? What the fuck do you think created this thread? It was peoples feels not facts. People got triggered, so my name was removed as the creator of the original political thread. Because of feels. So delude yourself all you want that you are fighting the good fight. I am sure your heart is in it (just like some of the die-hard Hillary people here), but don't presume for one second that I am stupid enough to not see the forest for the trees. In 10 years, the New-Alt-Post-Left/Right will be looking at the supporters of Donald Trump the exact same way people see the SJW nonsense now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. A few people might even remember it. I am not being too loud about it because I want Lithose to go off on a few more 10,000 word screeds about University Life before I get loud about it.

Mock's Lithose's post length

Post entire page screed

Didn't read

• 1Nationalist
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to impose post limits in the politics thread and move all exceeders to this thread so that there can be no career shitposticians @Amod

• 1Nationalist
  • 1Islamic

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Scream, I'm not voting for Trump, and (almost) never was. I may be voting for Clinton. I've never hidden my position here. I thought Trump was going to win, but his strategy since the primary has significantly changed, and I think his chances have fallen. I'm not sure why you think I've thrown in with anyone. Of course you mischaracterized gamergate as some branch of MRA, so at this point I think it's safe to say you've lost your touch. I'm going to keep being liberal, and keep criticizing the new wave of hippies until someone like Bill comes along to move the mainstream to the center. I still think Hillary is center-left, where my political interests lie, but her pandering to SJWs irks me. I can only hope that she keeps her pandering to intangible virtue signaling during her presidency or that a republican congress prevents her from legislating on it.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
A. I don't care
B. I'm correct
C. You are incorrect
D. This thread is for the Underground True Liberal Resistance Only and is no longer welcoming to MRA/GG shitlords. Please exit stage right

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
If you would like to have an actual conversation, please post to the Nazi Mod Politics Thread in General.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It all just makes me very tired. Each side presses their agenda into absurdity and forgoes nuance until nothing gets done and nothing matters.

• 1Like
  • 1Brony

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gamergate basically triggered every sane individual on the forums and the consistent follow-on of professional victims, yellow journalism, and virtue signaling in general have been driving political discussion for the last two years. The wikipedia entry for gamergate is controlled by SJWs. Thoughtcrime is real; newspeak is real. There is a twisted illogical moralist revival centered on white guilt among the vocal upper-class twenty somethings, and it disgusts the majority of us.

Why is that video called "GamerGate in 60 seconds" when it's 90 seconds long? It automatically makes me think the video creator is a liar and most likely everything in the video is a lie.

• 1Rustled

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It all just makes me very tired. Each side presses their agenda into absurdity and forgoes nuance until nothing gets done and nothing matters.

I liked your post, but then saw Tanoomba was the only other person to like your post. So I removed it. I'm sure you understand.

• 4Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 2Islamic
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.