Poltergeist

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Not typically a fan of remakes, as i like to leave my childhood memories alone, but this was one that i really enjoyed as a kid, so i'll prolly check it out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
One of Stevens best films, why must everything be remade =(
No doubt. But wasn't this Tobe Hooper?

Also, the original is still one of the scariest movies out there. This will probably be a bunch of over-acted dramatized garbage with unrelatable characters, and as usual for horror movies today, too much at once.

If you loved the original as much as I did, you need to watch this movie.

The Changeling (1980) - IMDb

Column_sl

shitlord
I always thought it was Stevens film because it looks like his style, but you are correct he just wrote it.

Juvarisx

Florida
He did a lot more then just write it, he was very hands on on the set, but left the directing to someone else.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
remember...this is only for the younger generation to gain interest to watch the original.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I really like Sam Rockwell, all of the actors in this actually. I'll see it for that alone.

Caliane

was. going, no no no no. why would you do this? at first..
but yeah, those actors... tempting... some actual scary looking scenes. probably showing too much in a trailer?

looks like too much CGI. but honestly, the first pioneered alot of heavy FX..

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm a huge horror fan and love the original but that trailer did nothing for me .

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The original was just so good that I can't see how the remake will be anything but a pale, pale representation.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
the original scared the piss out of me and my sister when we saw it. Don't know how many of you recall but it was marketed as a dark comedy so we went when we were 13 (me) and 11 (sis). We did not make it through that movie at the theatre and there was some house cleaning going on of stuffed clowns and other things before we got any sleep that evening. My mom felt so terrible for letting us see it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this gets a big fuck you from me. the original was one of if not the scariest films of my childhood. i also saw it (on cable) when i was 13 and already hated clowns by then. the worst scene for me was the dude picking a blemish on his face and ended up pulling all his flesh off to a skull, that shit was fucking brutal for a kid with acne. my sister was 14 and she only made it up to the voices coming out of the tv before she covered her face and then ran out of the room.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
just hearing the music brought back so many memories... i'm going to have to watch the original again this weekend.... saw it when it was released in theaters

Caliane

the original scared the piss out of me and my sister when we saw it. Don't know how many of you recall but it was marketed as a dark comedy so we went when we were 13 (me) and 11 (sis). We did not make it through that movie at the theatre and there was some house cleaning going on of stuffed clowns and other things before we got any sleep that evening. My mom felt so terrible for letting us see it.
I don't know about dark comedy...
Edit: ha two links to trailer..

I have no idea where I saw it first. probably HBO.
Would have been 5 in theaters.

It was rated PG btw.

Siliconemelons

New one not really looking bad... but as per the norm with modern trailers - basically gives it all away.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
New one not really looking bad... but as per the norm with modern trailers - basically gives it all away.
Normally I would agree but I am not sure this is a valid complaint on a remake of a 30 year old movie.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I'LL CHECK IT OUT, the original scared the shit out of me when i was a young teen...

esp when her voice came outta the tv....