Post Modern Jukebox (The Practice of Drastically Improving Modern Music)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Prepare a towel, you're going to need it after watching this

They have a youtube channel (obviously). If these tweak your interest, check out some of the other videos there. Its fast becoming my favorite thing on the internet.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Lovefool doesn't really belong in that list. It's already a pretty damn jazzy tune. I like Jack White, but Seven Nation Army is whatevs.

Reminds me of the Dirty Loops. They also reharmonize modern pop tunes. In a very different manner as it's way more chop-focused and they stay true to the poppy roots, but the players are fucking amazing. So fucking tight.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sorry didnt mean to imply any of these songs in their original forms ar necessarily bad, though I def think the Britney Spers song is. Just posted a few examples I like. When I get home later Ill check dirty loops out, thanks for the tip.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I've been following them for a year or so now. I don't like most of their covers because I hate the original song and they don't make it much better, but I watch anything they do with Von Smith because his voice is amazing.

https://youtu.be/g3iL596QKII

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Turning modern music into retro 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s music, by definition, makes the songs better!

I smell heresy!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Turning modern music into retro 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s music, by definition, makes the songs better!

I smell heresy!
I'm a lyrics guy. They can make the song sound better, but lyrics are pretty important to me, too.

maxresdefault.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fair enough. I don't really care about the lyrics, so long as it sounds good.

Good lyrics is like a bonus.