Post Your Pet

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Recent pics of my 18 month old: scratching post is 3' tall for reference.

PXL_20231003_152142242.jpg

PXL_20231103_132744896.jpg

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Didn't see if this had been posted before, and wasn't sure if this is the right place but:

If this works out I'll be almost 80 when my cat dies. Although a Maine coon dud recently live to 31 anyway....

Korean cat lady that I watch has been keeping tabs on that AIM research and went to Japan to interview some of the folks working on it and is planning to have one of her cats with kidney disease do the clinical trials. Here's the interview with Miyazaki timestamped:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I swear these two idiots are related… watching TV and get up and turn around and who do we find on the table…

IMG_7430.jpeg

IMG_6750.jpeg

• 12Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Bordeaux is highly enthusiastic about all this holiday decor...
bordeaux.jpg

Bean is far less impressed....
bean.jpg

• 10Like
  • 3Worf

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
IMG_20231230_115046642.jpg

I dunno if it helps any. But it does give me a chance to teach my kid some skills that she will keep for a lifetime. She gets to train the next one, while I work on getting over the last one.

• 13Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
IMG_20240101_162106042.jpg

Why do they call it the Humane Society when every dog you get from them you wash a river of piss off of them? I'm not sure she smells better after a bath, might have to pay someone with a pressure washer.

Also, unsure how to work a yogurt cup yet.

• 13Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
IMG_20240102_101124381_BURST002.jpg

Day 5 -

The yogurt is trapped forever. Unsure how we shall overcome this insurmountable challenge.

My fiance was super fucking salty when I brought this one home on Thursday and immediately "gave" it to my 12 year old to train and name. She wanted a fluffy dog, and she knows that if I gave this one away, that I am absolutely planning on getting another purebred German Shepherd in the spring. She feels like her opinion doesn't matter and she should get the dog she wanted instead.

Except - she's never owned a dog. Has no fucking clue what to do with them, how to train them, how to feed them aside from pour kibble in a bowl, how to turn them into productive and respectful members of a household. Doesn't understand that any dog bred for looks has definitely not been bred for intelligence. Doesn't understand there's a huge difference between a working breed with 80 IQ and a primitive breed like a Husky with 50 IQ. My sister has Huskies. They have no thoughts, only feelings. They are absolute murder machines and anything that gets in their mouths is dead in an instant.

I recalled this one off of her cat on day 4 off a leash, and i think she finally understands. Having a breed that wants to work for you, that wants to please you, is an infinitely better companion than some pile of fluff you gotta spend $200 at the groomer every month on.

I don't think anything will ever come close to the love a man feels for his first dog he got as an adult. I would trade every other dog on the planet forever for one more day with Zelda, but unfortunately, I don't get to have that. The thing is, we are kinda lucky - we get to have multiple dogs, they only get to have us once. This one sure fucking knows it too. She is so appreciative that every day she wakes up not in a shelter. I dunno what life she has before me - she's not chipped, so I don't know if she's a stray or not. She didn't understand a lot of commands, but she knew she wanted to. She wants to learn and she spends a good chunk of her day hugging everyone in this household.

It's not the same, never will be. But it sure helps to have something else to think about. It also puts into perspective just how much pain Zel was in every day when you see a happy, healthy dog a month and a half after you had the opposite.

• 11Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Today was Bruce’s first snow. Found a nice untouched patch and got a bowl of it and made everyone a Churu snow cone.

IMG_7614.jpeg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I have often described my cat as the apex predator of the neighborhood. The ex got him right after my German shepherd's motherly instincts were activated by us having our youngest child. As such, she treated the kitten like her baby. Watched over him, played with him, basically taught him to fight, and to be absolutely fearless. In his mind, he can handle an 80lb German Shepherd, there is nothing he can't handle.

He murders all day, every day. He's killed hundreds of mice around the property (reason I still keep him around), and the bird feeders are by extension, cat feeders. Often I go out onto the deck to see him with tail feathers sticking out of his mouth. This past year he's moved into baby rabbits, leaving lucky rabbits feet strewn everywhere. One day I heard a fox crying and went outside to find Jack had one cornered up against the house, and the fox was fucking terrified.

So, I bring home the new shepherd mix 2 weeks ago, and knowing that GSD's have a reputation with cats, I locked the cat downstairs, and kept the dog upstairs. Well, about a week of that went by and the cat decided he doesn't give a fuck who or what is living where, this is his house, and he started going where he pleases. I gotta admire his balls (or, I guess lack of). He doesn't realize the only reason he wasn't crushed was because the 80lb shepherd was letting him win. So he sees this coyote sized dog and figures "pfft, I can fucking take this thing." He's like the little guy at the bar talking shit to the 6'5" 300lb dude not realizing he's about to get fucking ragdolled. It's kinda endearing. He gave her one swat on the nose, and she's been side eyeing him ever since.
IMG_20240110_221529831.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Came home to lunch and my cat was sleeping in my computer chair, or so I thought. When I was moving him out of the chair I noticed my boy was not breathing and his heart was not beating. It was like he just fell asleep and never woke up.

Only 4 years old and one of the best cats I've had. Rest in peace Willis.

Fucking thing sucks.

Screenshot_20240117-133435.png

• 12Solidarity
  • 5Like
  • 3Rustled
Reactions: 19 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I know most here don't like pit bulls but this guy has been my families best friend for nearly 15 years. I had to schedule the vet appointment tomorrow morning to say goodbye. He is having terrible issues walking any distance to even potty now. I could not have asked for a better dog to have rescued so many years ago. Not a single issue out of his behavior with kids, people or other dogs. The rescue we got him from showed us a video of him getting bullied by the two cats they had. Love you old boy and will miss you dearly.

Capture.JPG

• 13Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 15 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
This boy is a terrorist. He’s lucky he’s so damn cute. He has a strange obsession with sinks and toilets and if I’ve had to catch the little dumbass multiple times trying to jump into the toilet after I just used it. He is cute in that he’ll sit next to me on the counter anytime I’m doing dishes or cooking and his little head just tilts around looking all inquisitive. My biggest issue is that this guy seems to yearn for the grave. He wants to stick his claws in outlets, wants to hang out on top of power strips, nearly choked after pulling fluff off the cat tree (which is now in the trash and I’ll have to replace). He almost pulled a chair with one of the other cats on it on top of his head, which thankfully I caught. I’ve always tried to keep my home cat safe, making sure that there’s not a ton of stuff they can get into or fuck with that will hurt them, but damn he is tenacious. I have to stow the paper towels under the sink because he can’t help but want to eat them. Once he snuck into the pantry and I found him a few minutes later snuggled in the fucking plastic wrapper the rest of the paper towel rolls just going to town on them (while thankfully not suffocating). All his damn close calls keep on sending my anxiety into overdrive. Also, I don’t know what happened, but Arya used to be super close with him and one day she just started hating him. Growls the second he enters the room, won’t really play with him anymore, etc. Best guess is maybe as he got bigger and they were playing, he went too hard and hurt her somehow, but I’m not sure. It does make me sad, though.
He is an adorable little idiot, though. And his fur is so damn soft. He’s fully integrated into the house and we put the playpen away a couple weeks ago for good. Hoping he grows out of the more troublesome habits and I’m trying to prevent as much risk as possible, but damn he can make anything dangerous.

IMG_7720.jpeg
Resized_20240131_181526.jpeg
IMG_7602.jpeg
IMG_7714.jpeg

• 9Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 9 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, my new dipshit tried fucking with a night light and caught some 110 to the snoot.

I know people are getting dumber, but I wonder if pets are too

It's fucking embarrassing. Zelda was a problem solver. I have a pool fence, and a perimeter fence in my back yard. If I threw the ball some random direction off the deck, she would wait until it landed, see it where it went, calculate which side of the fence it was on and what path she needed to take to get there. You could see her doing all this...she would look at the ball, look at the gate, look back at the ball, and then she would go.

This one drops a yogurt cup upside down and now there's no reason to possibly keep trying, it's gone forever.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users