Post Your Pet

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Porkchop has a habit of gathering random items around the house and dragging them back to his "nest". Needless to say, some of his tastes in d?cor are questionable.

rrr_img_48296.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Condoms, check.
Rubber Glove, check.
Shoe, check.

Time to get some bitches.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
rrr_img_48314.jpg
rrr_img_48315.jpg
rrr_img_48316.jpg

The hats were a family member's idea. They were off immediately after, by the dog's choosing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I posted these in the old FOH dog thread but I guess it probably won't hurt to put them up again.

1EbO2Wq.jpg

1MhneQi.jpg

cVT1byk.jpg

4ZQ7RSz.jpg

uExQpNs.jpg

jwWy8Xd.jpg

Vaclav

Border Collie or Aussie? Think I see a hint of brown in the back, but not 100% sure (plus Border technically can have brown as well, although less commonly than Aussie)

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
He's a registered border collie, but he does have some brown on him.

Vaclav

Cool dog, and really smart too I'm sure.
They're great dogs from what I've experienced - inlaws prefer Aussies these days though, but do seem a bit more excitable/yippy than their Border Collie had been previously.

Course damn dog has figured out how to open gates, jump the fence, climb the fence, open the doors to the house if we leave the slider unlocked or front door open with the glass door shut (screen door w/ glass insert whatever the right term is... glass door sounds wrong... but we never use the insert)...

I swear there's always something that goes haywire when we're watching her, because she's a little TOO smart and wants to explore too much.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
They're great dogs from what I've experienced - inlaws prefer Aussies these days though, but do seem a bit more excitable/yippy than their Border Collie had been previously.

Course damn dog has figured out how to open gates, jump the fence, climb the fence, open the doors to the house if we leave the slider unlocked or front door open with the glass door shut (screen door w/ glass insert whatever the right term is... glass door sounds wrong... but we never use the insert)...

I swear there's always something that goes haywire when we're watching her, because she's a little TOO smart and wants to explore too much.
Yeah, as much as I love working dogs, they don't make great pets because they are so high energy and have low tolerance of boredom. They need a job to do and if you don't give them one, they will find one on their own, which may be destroying your couch. Even though they are just about the perfect dog for me, because I can take him with me all day every day and he has work to do, I don't recommend them to anyone that has to leave them at home and go to work every day. Even if you can get them a good run every day they're just not going to tolerate laying around the house day after day. And yeah, no fence can hold those fuckers. My grandmother has a 6 foot board fence around her backyard and I can't leave my dog back there for 10 minutes because he will jump the fence and go exploring.

Vaclav

Yep, ours is at least 5'6" (It's taller than me at 5'2" at its lowest points, with hilling some spots are no doubt a smidge higher than others though) and I have to pull out the chicken wire to add an extra 2 feet of ugly chicken wire to even have a prayer of keeping her in... and that's failed at times...

And yea, I'm far too lazy to walk her as is the wife when we're watching it... she's gotten out of the eating books phase though, and thankfully we're all digital here for the areas she was able to get to, so she didn't eat anything the times we were watching her. Heh.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Ok, after 2 baths and 5 times his body weight in food over 3 days, here are some crappy pics and a youtube video :

That's food on his nose in the last 2 pics, it got cleaned up right after. He hasn't figured out yet that the food isn't gonna run out anymore.

Sushi - YouTube
So the guy I gave the kitten to had to give it back a few days ago because his wife made him to (!) so the little fluff ball is back with me. Gonna give it another shot to get her to get along with my older cat.

TheYosh

Trakanon Raider
So the guy I gave the kitten to had to give it back a few days ago because his wife made him to (!) so the little fluff ball is back with me. Gonna give it another shot to get her to get along with my older cat.

Good luck, it took me about 8-12 months to get my ex girl friend's cat and my mom's cat to get along. Both cats live with me because my mom is now living over seas and my now ex girlfriend is terrible when it comes to animal care and I grew too damn attached to the cat and now he lives with me. Weird, I was more of a dog person and now I live by myself with 2 cats... lol Here are the 2 guys that I share my small apartment with.. black one is about 13yrs and the orange one is about 16yrs old.

rrr_img_50786.jpg

rrr_img_50787.jpg

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, this looks like a long road for me. My 8 year old never had contact with another cat / dog and she's scared shitless of every noise the little one makes and still won't get very close to the room she's in.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Yeah, this looks like a long road for me. My 8 year old never had contact with another cat / dog and she's scared shitless of every noise the little one makes and still won't get very close to the room she's in.
It helps to keep them seperated for a couple weeks. Leave a blanket in each cats sleeping area and every few days switch their blankets so they get used to the smell of the other cat. Then eventually let them be in the same area. They will hiss and fight a bit but they have to sort out who is alpha and all that. They'll stop eventually.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It helps to keep them seperated for a couple weeks. Leave a blanket in each cats sleeping area and every few days switch their blankets so they get used to the smell of the other cat. Then eventually let them be in the same area. They will hiss and fight a bit but they have to sort out who is alpha and all that. They'll stop eventually.
Also, usually "experts" dont recommend this. But sometimes they'll try to handle that through the use of the litter box too. I had one vet advise to separate them. But then my older cat went out of her way to use the younger one's litter box. Now unless they bump into each other accidentally there is no cat drama. Took them 2 years and a move to get them to this point though. Old house was too big so they never saw each other.

They're still not going to buddy up yet though. Not going to set any high expectations for a 16 year old cat to adjust to a 3 year old cat that was 1 and feral when I found him.

khalid

Unelected Mod
My dog Klaus started limping about a month ago. Would get a bit better, then worse, but never back to fully 100%. Anyway, got to the point now he is seriously struggling to walk up any steps, or even stand upright for long without wobbling.

Took him to the vet. He apparently hasCanine degenerative myelopathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, which has no cure and leads to eventual paralysis. Oh but it gets even better. He also happens to have a probably malignant tumor in his leg that would require amputation of the leg just to get to, simple surgery couldn't remove it all because of its position and even then it could be dodgy. My poor dog has not one, but two pretty much guaranteed things that are going to kill him.

This fucking sucks. I don't plan on euthanasia as long as he can get around at all, but this sucks.

Here he is in happier times.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
Our golden retriever, Hobbes. Always the center of attention when we take him out in public. So many women coming up with the "OMFG! He's Sooooo cute!!!1!" I should have gotten one during college.

rrr_img_52923.jpg