Predator 3D (2013)

Taloo_sl

shitlord
that movie has so many catchphrases naturally in the script that when they get to a point where its very clear they had a catchphrase planned it feels tacked on.
like after arny throws a knife at one dude he says "stick around"
It's not a catch phrase. It's a one liner. One liners were an integral part of what makes 80's and 90's action movies cheesy and memorable. It's what is mocked with almost all of Arnold's dialogue in the Expendables. Predator is awesome and your mother is a whore.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's not a catch phrase. It's a one liner. One liners were an integral part of what makes 80's and 90's action movies cheesy and memorable. It's what is mocked with almost all of Arnold's dialogue in the Expendables. Predator is awesome and your mother is a whore.
its both actually. a one liner can become a catchphrase. for example, "get to the choppah!" or "Bennet, you sonofabitch" were one liners that a lot of people turned into catchphrases. but yes you were essentially correct about my statement, "stick around" while a cheesy good one liner it never became a catchphrase like "if it bleeds, we can kill it"

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dude's weird. On one hand he does some genuinely good shit for kids and charities. On the other hand, he did (and tried to do) some genuinely scuzzball shit when he was Gov. of California.

/shrug

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dude's weird. On one hand he does some genuinely good shit for kids and charities. On the other hand, he did (and tried to do) some genuinely scuzzball shit when he was Gov. of California.

/shrug
Its almost as if the person is fine, but his political backers and advisers are the shitty ones~

Not turning this into a politics derail, but you elect the figurehead, the ideas come from the people behind him.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
the Predator 3D blu-ray is already on iptorrents

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
My body is ready.

k3Rr9w3.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I loved "stick around". Also I loved when he kicks the door down and a dude is taking a shit and another dude is standing next to him (1. why is a dude standing next to someone shitting and watching them 2. have they not heard the explosions and gunfire for the last 5 minutes going on all around them?) and goes "KNOCK KNOCK" in that Arnie voice before blasting them both.

Seriously. Just take comic book material, rework it if you have to, but dont just make up your own shit. Just look at what Nolan did by taking Frank Miller's stories and reworking them, fucking gold mine. I had really high hopes for Predators since I thought Rodriguez had enough respect for the IP, but it literally ended up being a scene for scene remake of the original, but even worse.

Yeah, the original from 1987 with cleaned up video, hi-def, 3D, whatever.
starz has this on today and i have to watch it again. you made me rewatch that scene. dude is bent over reading a map. he isnt taking a shit, i mean he might be shitting after arnie blows him the fuck up but he had his pants on and dude was looking at the map as well. still your point is valid. after all those splosions these guys are just chilling reading a map when they should be running for their lives.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
starz has this on today and i have to watch it again. you made me rewatch that scene. dude is bent over reading a map. he isnt taking a shit, i mean he might be shitting after arnie blows him the fuck up but he had his pants on and dude was looking at the map as well. still your point is valid. after all those splosions these guys are just chilling reading a map when they should be running for their lives.
yeah i rewatched that scene, i think they are actually burning/disposing documents

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

predator vs EQ characters! its fan made, but i will check it out when they finish it. it will be a 25 minute short and released on youtube.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Some comments from Shane Black about the upcoming film.

Shane Black Aiming To Create An Iron Man 3-Esque Event Film With Predator Reboot

They called me and I was reluctant. I said, "Look. You guys at Fox, I mean, I enjoy these movies, but we've been churning out these AVP whatever, they each cost a certain amount of money, they're okay, but there's no effort to elevate them or make them any kind of an event." They're just sort of another Predator. "Oh, there's another one that came out." They said, "What if we said to you we want to reinvent this, and really treat it with as much of an event status, or as much hoopla as we would the Alien prequel, which is coming out also? We really want to make this something. The kind of movie that people line up for." I said, "Really, you'll spend a bunch of money?" They go, "Yep." I go, "Make it really scale, spectacle?" "Yep." "Shit, that sounds interesting."

I think the first one was great, and it was contained, and it was a perfect little gem for what it was. I think there's an expansion that needs to take place, and also just a love for that era, that movie, and the mythology of the Predator. I think that they came to me knowing pretty much that. they said, basically, if I wanted to make Predator but treat it like it was Iron Man III instead of just another little movie. I said, "Let's really do it right this time."

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Hanging in my office, directly behind me. It's the first thing anyone sees when they walk into my office.

rrr_img_129772.jpg