Predestination Sci fi thriller starring Ethan Hawke

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I thought it was a solid, entertaining movie for being something that I had never even heard about before it came out on video. It had to be a fairly low-budget movie, and it was done really well. It was basically a smarter Looper.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Mildly entertaining, I wouldn't say it's a must watch but if you are looking for something to watch you won't be pissed you watched it.

spronk

FPS noob
definitely an interesting movie. it really walks a fine line between "what the fuck is this stupid shit" and "mind = blown!" Ethan Hawke was pretty good, but Sarah Snook (Jane) fucking NAILED her character. Trying to explain the plot is futile since it sounds incredibly stupid, which is probably why it went straight to DVD.

It really felt more like a tragic greek play than a scifi movie, especially the first half of the movie. Its not exactly surprising in what happens, but it still managed to shock me in the way it happens. Definitely a good watch if you like thoughtful sci fi, but its definitely more the 70s style pulp scifi than anything closer to what I'd call hard or realistic scifi. If your woman doesn't like scifi movies usually, she may like this one.

the only thing
Shouldn't he have figured out so, so, so much sooner than he was the fizzle bomber... or did he just already know? so the time machine keeps working in the first iteration and after he "retires" he keeps using it to fix stuff off the records?

trying to tell anyone "this movie is about a hermaphrodite time traveler who fucks himself and then kidnaps his baby self to save a few thousand people in the future" sounds so retarded, like a FSR story thread.

its also a bit of a headache trying to figure out where jane/john come from, since the baby doesn't exist until john convinces jane to go back blah blah. seems like a lot of effort by the Robertson guy to have someone off the books. It isn't anywhere close to Primer in being "tight" and consistent about time travel paradoxes.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoyed the movie, would probably even recommend it to friends. One thing did really bother me when I thought about it after the fact
"Jane" meets this mystery man and falls in love with him, gets dumped and pregnant etc. then afterwards has to have the sex change and become "John". How in the hell did "John" not look in the mirror and instantly realize that he looked EXACTLY FUCKING LIKE the guy that "Jane" fell in love with barely a year ago?

Like others have said, you kinda just have to let shit go and enjoy the ride here and it still turns out pretty good.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The first half of this movie (The life story narration) is fucking terrible. The second half is pretty amazing.

When I finally understood what he meant by "Where do all you zombies come from?" I loved it, being a paradox nerd. I need to read more Heinlein.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It's one of the few movies that I didn't see the twist coming at all. I can usually sniff out plot twists a mile away in 99% of movies

I kept watching the whole long, drawn out back story, knowing all the while that Ethan Hawke was going to eventually give her the opportunity to kill this guy. I had no clue who it would be, or if that would even be the whole point of the story, I thought it would just be some random guy but be a test for seeing if she had what it took to become a time policeman like Ethan Hawke, and they'd both team up to take down the fizzle bomber or something, and the fizzle bomber would be a rogue time travel agent, or the director of the agency or something. I was just way off.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Good movie. I did see the twist a mile away, like I'm sure others here have stated. I enjoyed this much more than Looper. One big issue.

As SOON as he sees herself on the bench...better yet. Soon as you see the bumping into yourself situation developing, and knowing what you know from the future...Don't you immediately walk away?

DMK_sl

shitlord
Great movie. i knew about the base paradox before knowing about this film but still really cool.

To Kithani she never looked at her self in the mirror since she was a kid that's why she didn't recognize herself.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
BR rips are out, really liked this, for a 90 minute no budget sci fi its def worth a look. Sarah Snook will hopefully be a huge star.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Good movie. I did see the twist a mile away, like I'm sure others here have stated. I enjoyed this much more than Looper. One big issue.

As SOON as he sees herself on the bench...better yet. Soon as you see the bumping into yourself situation developing, and knowing what you know from the future...Don't you immediately walk away?
Um, no way.

You telling me you wouldn't take the opportunity to fuck yourself? LITERALLY? Come on

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I loved this movie, and while I saw a few of the twists coming, I was still very curious as to how it all came together which in a few case surprised me.

All in all, I felt the movie held together very well.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is the most fucked up movie ive seen in a long time, and i loved every minute of it. Sure its not "amazing" but its pretty dam good.