Prince of Darkness (1987)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
4.40 star(s) Rating: 4.40/5 5 Votes
Title: Prince of Darkness (1987)

Tagline: Before man walked the earth...it slept for centuries. It is evil. It is real. It is awakening.

Genre: Horror

Director: John Carpenter

Cast: Donald Pleasence, Lisa Blount, Victor Wong, Jameson Parker, Dennis Dun, Susan Blanchard, Anne Marie Howard, Ann Yen, Ken Wright, Dirk Blocker, Jessie Lawrence Ferguson, Peter Jason, Robert Grasmere, Thom Bray, Joanna Merlin, Alice Cooper, Betty Ramey

Release: 1987-10-23

Runtime: 101

Plot: A research team finds a mysterious cylinder in a deserted church. If opened, it could mean the end of the world.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Watched this last night. Interesting scientific take on where religion meets science. Probably something to the whole darkness, decay and evil vs light, growth and good.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie is actually well done. It has some light moments but the mood of the whole movie was pretty consistent. I am shocked nobody has tried remaking this one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Its part of the Apocalypse trilogy from him if you or anyone else didn't already know. Consists of The Thing, this movie and In the Mouth of Madness.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Another John Carpenter classic. My favorite director of all time.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider

The movie is perfect, aside from the Simon and Simon motherfuckers mustache.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Was this the one with tachyons beaming information backwards in time?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
jjcAOhtGuX4p8XvlVn1WXUT1jWi.jpg

Title: Prince of Darkness

Tagline: Before man walked the earth...it slept for centuries. It is evil. It is real. It is awakening.

Genre: Horror

Director: John Carpenter

Cast: Donald Pleasence, Lisa Blount, Victor Wong, Jameson Parker, Dennis Dun, Susan Blanchard, Anne Marie Howard, Ann Yen, Ken Wright, Dirk Blocker, Jessie Lawrence Ferguson, Peter Jason, Robert Grasmere, Thom Bray, Joanna Merlin, Alice Cooper, Betty Ramey

Release: 1987-10-23

Runtime: 101

Plot: A research team finds a mysterious cylinder in a deserted church. If opened, it could mean the end of the world.

this movie came out around the same time as "The Seventh Sign", starring Demo Moore.
same apocalypse premise and so i dont remember if i watched this or not. i should check it out again because even if i did watch it, it had to be around 1987 when i did.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Love this movie but in the Mouth of Madness is my favorite of the two. That movie is cosmic horror bonkers.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Love this movie but in the Mouth of Madness is my favorite of the two. That movie is cosmic horror bonkers.

Ya the whole book thing kind of lost me but was still cool. The Thing is my #1 of them for a watch, and this one is the best for some thought.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Ya the whole book thing kind of lost me but was still cool. The Thing is my #1 of them for a watch, and this one is the best for some thought.
The Thing is the best movie of the 3 by far.

In the Mouth of Madness might be my favorite though.

The insanity of the book/reality is cosmic horror in a nutshell. Unknown/unknowable etc.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
He definitely had himself a whole lot of John Carpenter fun writing Mouth of Madness. Took it in every direction and I liked the ending a lot. Gave me a good wheeze.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the Mouth of Madness is my personal favorite but the quality dips at a few spots. The Thing is just a solid A from start to finish. I still can't believe my first viewing of it was in the early 2000s. If I had seen that shit when I was a kid it would have blown my fucking mind and it would likely be my number one all time favorite film.

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database