Project 1999 Discord Server

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
With October arriving I figured I might as well make a new thread for the upcoming novelty server.

f0fe5c7535b611d16a9e9678fd925a5f.png

Hey Everyone,

We're coming up on Project 1999's 6th year anniversary. To celebrate, we will be enabling double experience starting on the evening of Friday, October 2nd, and lasting until some time the morning of Monday, October 5th.

Also coming some time in October, we are releasing a new temporary server. Project 1999: Discord will be a new classic PvP server with permanent death. It will be FFA without a level range limit. Item loot will be present. Other specifics regarding the rule set of the server are still being decided, but there will be almost no rules with minimal CSR involvement. This server is intended to only last for a month or two, after which point all characters will be deleted, and the highest level characters will earn a spot on a new Hall of Fame section of the website. We will then evaluate options of closing or restarting the server, possibly with different rules, mechanics, and/or rewards.

We are also overdue to enable the January 2001 era on all servers. This will include changes to root/snare stacking, removal of the Class XP penalties + group shared XP modifications, and more. We are able to enable these eras while the server is running, but we identified some issues that will require a patch before we turn it on. This will be happening this week or weekend.

Thanks!

Rog
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210959

It even got an article on Massively

I'll be there.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No level range limit seems kind of stupid. Once someone gets far enough advanced in levels, it is zero competition.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will be doing discord and dying often and horridly I'm sure.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
seems like a necro would just solo in little corners avoiding the fray to come out on top. perhaps pvp should give massive xp to reward people who actually play to crush.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
seems like a necro would just solo in little corners avoiding the fray to come out on top. perhaps pvp should give massive xp to reward people who actually play to crush.
imho cleric, druid or shaman for pure survival. you need cure disease/poison, likewise blind and roots will stick on a server without heavy MR stacking. initially i'd give the druid the edge due to being more well rounded, but cleric DI invul panic button is clutch for this server specifically, but if you roll solo the lack of self see-invis, invis, etc is gonna hurt.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
No level range limit seems kind of stupid. Once someone gets far enough advanced in levels, it is zero competition.
Pretty much this. You'd have to cap levels at 20 otherwise it will be impossible to have fun on the server.

This is what happened on my MortalQuest server; people got their 30+ spells and started one shotting lowbies.

Either that or you'll have to remove the level difference factor for melee avoidance player <-> player, and make player <-> player spells always land. I can see the hilarity of people banding together to take down a level 30 monk.