Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Woa. Ourplat.com hacked accounts? Is this true? I used to sell tons of plat to them back in the day. I made thousands of dollars through them. Shit. Anyone have a detailed tldr? Were the GM's selling only hacked items or were they creating them with GM powers or what? Ourplat.com was always legitimate when I used them on Maelin as well, that's crazy.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Woa. Ourplat.com hacked accounts? Is this true? I used to sell tons of plat to them back in the day. I made thousands of dollars through them. Shit. Anyone have a detailed tldr? Were the GM's selling only hacked items or were they creating them with GM powers or what? Ourplat.com was always legitimate when I used them on Maelin as well, that's crazy.
TLDR: Ban account for RMT. Strip account of RMT'able items. Sell for plat. Sell plat for money. Profit. (Since account is already RMT banned, no one will look into it further)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I work in the games industry now. No matter how much people tell you their sales come from non-hacked accounts, it's false; A LOT of sales come from hacked/stolen accounts.

P99 is child's play compared to what I've seen from sites like EpicNp'sc, Elitepvpers and unknowncheats' marketplace section. If you want to see douchebaggery, you should go to those sites and become a 'buyer' and purchase something from them. Have fun when the owner contests his account.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What's the meaning of this?

Let's have a serious talk for a moment. - Project 1999

Sorry on mobile, couldn't find the "url" button

I assume relevant threads containing the juicy has already been deleted...
Reddit drama:

P99 Guide Moregan gets asked to step down after a conflict with the server administration.
Moregan reveals he's the forum poster "Greengrocer" and goes on a Twitch LiveStreamer's chat. Greengrocer says that Derubael made 23,000 USD from stripping banned characters and RMTing the gains.
Another forum moderator resigns, ousted as the user "Pringles" in a recent post.
P99 Senior Guide gets threatened with having his RL information posted, and threatens to post Greengrocer's information in return.

It's none of my business, but I still think the scenario is completely absurd. All of this could have been prevented with a tad bit of integrity.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Reddit drama. P99 Senior Guide gets threatened with having his RL information posted, and threatens to post the guy's information in return.

It's none of my business, but I still think the scenario is completely absurd. All of this could have been prevented with a tad bit of integrity.
It was hard to get peoples information on p99? Last I remember everybody circlejerked all night in chat rooms and basically passed their life stories back and forth.

P99 is the worst and Secrets you are better off never sniffing around there again. Everyone is better off not sniffing around there again.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
It was hard to get peoples information on p99? Last I remember everybody circlejerked all night in chat rooms and basically passed their life stories back and forth.

P99 is the worst and Secrets you are better off never sniffing around there again. Everyone is better off not sniffing around there again.
I'm completely over P99 at this point. I have no reason to return outside of playing on an anonymous character - even then, I don't think the game is enjoyable after knowing what people are capable of.

There is a soft place in my heart for casual gameplay on P99. The problem is, no one wants to do the same thing.

radditsu

I'm completely over P99 at this point. I have no reason to return outside of playing on an anonymous character - even then, I don't think the game is enjoyable after knowing what people are capable of.

There is a soft place in my heart for casual gameplay on P99. The problem is, no one wants to do the same thing.
There def is a ramp up of peoples personalities on that game. The cycle (for me included), seems to be "ill just casual around everfrost and blackburrow", to "oh i met some lovely powerlevelers, holy crap im 50!" to , "ill just grind my epic and stuff like that", to " oh i need to join a guild to get my final epic piece" to "i got some time ill do a little raiding" to "RAID FOR LIFE MOTHER FUCKERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 24 HOUR TRAKANONS FUCK WORK OMG!" to "holy crap everybody is a sociopath" to quitting and burning out and trolling the EQ boards every once in awhile.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
There def is a ramp up of peoples personalities on that game. The cycle (for me included), seems to be "ill just casual around everfrost and blackburrow", to "oh i met some lovely powerlevelers, holy crap im 50!" to , "ill just grind my epic and stuff like that", to " oh i need to join a guild to get my final epic piece" to "i got some time ill do a little raiding" to "RAID FOR LIFE MOTHER FUCKERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 24 HOUR TRAKANONS FUCK WORK OMG!" to "holy crap everybody is a sociopath" to quitting and burning out and trolling the EQ boards every once in awhile.
fuck you for gettin me all teary eyed and sentimental over the old days.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol i don't understand how P99 has so many legitimate sociopathic people on it but it leads to some hilarious reads

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like the BDA cycle. When they hit critical mass, a splinter guild of the no sleepers will split off into a different guild, which will merge into another in 3-6 months ^^

radditsu

Sounds like the BDA cycle. When they hit critical mass, a splinter guild of the no sleepers will split off into a different guild, which will merge into another in 3-6 months ^^
I am that BDA cycle. Never forget Forceful Entry

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's weird that some of this stuff is coming out as new info etc. We've had a few of the guys from big P99/Red99 guilds in our crew and they've talked about exactly this stuff for ages.

What was the name of that guild that Tanthallas formed that split off of like BDA?

Edit: Nevermind, it was FE. Thanks Raddits

So what ended up happening with FE?

radditsu

It's weird that some of this stuff is coming out as new info etc. We've had a few of the guys from big P99/Red99 guilds in our crew and they've talked about exactly this stuff for ages.

What was the name of that guild that Tanthallas formed that split off of like BDA?

Edit: Nevermind, it was FE. Thanks Raddits

So what ended up happening with FE?
I quit before then but they Merged with TMO, Something I never would have agreed with.

Siliconemelons

I still am always amused by the following situations.

Mob spawns during mild poopsock - each rival guild is at a number "close" to being able to engage- lets say 20-25.

Batphone goes out of spawn soon followed by "log in server is down" and lots of vent sadness.

Guild A however cannot get anyone in- but 1 - 2 randomly while Guild B gets numbers slowly and engages, kills, and magically log in servers fixed.

"We had chars in char select" is the reasons and tinfoil hats are put away.

- its happened about 4 times that I can remember...and the guild that "had chars in char select" is always the same core guild if you trace its roots back.

P99 is, if anything, very amusing to watch if you don't take anything seriously.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Forceful Entry was such an awful name for a guild.

i'm actually playing a bit of P99 again lately, since i'm stoked that The Warrens is open.

once Stonebrunt Mountains is open too i'm going to get really geeky and do an RP blog series on the forum as i level up a half-elf ranger. having never really fit in anywhere, the ranger decides his true calling is to help his crack dealers -- errr, the erudites -- eradicate their kobold problem. going to take the ranger through stonebrunt and do all those sweet kerran quests (for Wakizashi of the Frozen Skies and that haste sash). untwinked etc. should be fun, i already have lots of jokes planned.

radditsu

I still am always amused by the following situations.

Mob spawns during mild poopsock - each rival guild is at a number "close" to being able to engage- lets say 20-25.

Batphone goes out of spawn soon followed by "log in server is down" and lots of vent sadness.

Guild A however cannot get anyone in- but 1 - 2 randomly while Guild B gets numbers slowly and engages, kills, and magically log in servers fixed.

"We had chars in char select" is the reasons and tinfoil hats are put away.

- its happened about 4 times that I can remember...and the guild that "had chars in char select" is always the same core guild if you trace its roots back.

P99 is, if anything, very amusing to watch if you don't take anything seriously.
4? How about most times. Also Cazic Thule engages in fear always seemed to brick the zone if it wasn't the right guild doing it.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I wish there was a viable alternative, but i'm not seeing it.

Personally, i prefer to play the game in stints. It makes it seem fresh for a few months whenever i come back. I don't understand how some people have been playing for 3-4 years straight though. That shit is insane.