Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Perhaps a new meme needs to evolve as a follow up to the rustled jimmies. Perhaps that was merely the stomach's sign to rush to the johns and expel all of the bullshit flowing through you (him).

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
not sure why box army is staying in luclin.
Because the box army guild only has three real people in it. If they had like 10 six boxers, they could do whatever they wanted I guess. They tried to recruit me. (and it was sort of tempting, I may join them for a couple raids for kicks) Their inability to find more boxers does sort of highlight how it's not as common as has been reported though.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_37984.jpg

Damn you're right I must be shilling for my own server, clearly I enjoy playing on P99 more when I don't want my AC to work and I'm seeking a corrupt RMT filled experience. However, when Im not feeling like wasting all my time, I play onThe Sleeper.
again

look up the definition of the word "shill," dude

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Because the box army guild only has three real people in it. If they had like 10 six boxers, they could do whatever they wanted I guess. They tried to recruit me. (and it was sort of tempting, I may join them for a couple raids for kicks) Their inability to find more boxers does sort of highlight how it's not as common as has been reported though.
They should just learn to box more lol. Its too bad you have to pay for your subs now 1:1 ratio, I mean you could still trade plat for gamecards Im guessing but when that 16 boxer boxed he would hold onto gamecards until triple station cash days then get years on each account. I still have my necro with a year left on it, ezmode. I liked boxing in the guild bc it let us do stuff late night when everyone was asleep, we had raid time then "late night box raid crew" which helped gear up alts.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've decided to be adventurous and try this with a buddy and make a ranger. I know they're generally considered pretty bad, but that a lot about them gets fixed in Velious (whenever that hits). Does anyone know what exactly gets changed to make them better? Also any tips for someone who hasn't played this game in many a year?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Rangers don't get 'fixed' until AAs (Luclin).

Pretty sure they only thing they are useful for in Velious is weaponshield - and that's only used on raids with tank switching (AoW).

This is all subject to my memory of a video game from over a decade ago, so ya.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Itemization mostly iirc. Same old class up until luclin.

On p99 you have to be aware of your thirst. You will fizzle => oom and be bewildered. A side product of the emu code is flase/ghost mana ticks.

Thats my advice for the day.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Don't roll a ranger. Really.
Groups? Nope. Solo? Better than a rogue or warrior but..

Fucking horrorshow.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Don't roll a ranger. Really.
Groups? Nope. Solo? Better than a rogue or warrior but..

Fucking horrorshow.
I had a twink to fuck ranger on p99 before Kunark launched, it was horrible.

Roll a Wizard. You can solo and are relevant for current raiding guilds.

I don't get the ranger hate. There was a ranger in my guild on live back in about 2000 or 2001 or so. He started sucky too, but after he started getting raid gear and stuff, I was grouped with him and his damage output was insane. He had 2 amazing weapons and wielded them as fast as super hasted monk. Each one was hitting very hard. Yeah he probably died if he ever got aggro, but as long as he played it like a glass cannon, I'm sure he would be perfect to have in a group.

But yea, wouldn't want to solo with one.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure in kunark/velious era EQ, rangers out DPSed some powerhouse classes like, Bard, Enchanter, all healers, and mages on mod rod duty. Once they get vulak gear of course.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rangers don't get 'fixed' until AAs (Luclin).

Pretty sure they only thing they are useful for in Velious is weaponshield - and that's only used on raids with tank switching (AoW).

This is all subject to my memory of a video game from over a decade ago, so ya.
Nonsense--they get...jolt! And uh...weaponshield. And...tracking's a bit more useful? :3

to answer qwerty...

warriors / monks got triple attack at 60 in velious. Rangers didn't, crushing their comparative melee dps. Rogues still are d oubline backstabs for 500 max--off da chain. Rangers still just kinda meleeing with not a whole lot of uses...their skill caps in velious rose to meet warrior but the warrior still did more melee damage and even he was kinda meh compared to rogue/monk.

That does sound pretty crappy. So basically they got melee restrictions to make up for having spells and utility, but their spells and utility was shit.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't they get an agility buff that no one else gets?

or Strength or Earth

I don't fucking know. On p99 applicants or rangers take DT's and are happy to do it.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Rangers also get panic animal in Velious, which allows them to fear-kite animals for very little mana. IMO, it makes them the best melee/hybrid soloers, other than bards of course. You just have to find places with lots of animals (mammoths, cougars, etc).