Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
unless 2002user has decided to use proxies all of the sudden, he is not kegz. He did not register at the same ip and he does not post from the same ip, unlike the alts that kegz used.

I could care less but didn't want you guys to get all frothy and feel satisfied for the wrong reasons.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe if he has a huge operation across dozens of games. I'd think the player auctions/RMT days are mostly over.

On a 900 person EQ EMU server? Maybe a few hundred here and there, at best. Anyone RMTing an EMU server is whacked.
well i dont have the old images from foh, but heres people talking about them
p99 RMT images

a bit uniformed is right

axeman_sl

shitlord
Does anyone seriously consider IPs proof of anything in 2013? I have access to three or four different ones without needing it or trying to get them, they just sort of crop up. If I actually wanted it, I could have any number of them and post with twenty different accounts that wouldn't share an IP at all. We're also talking about a guy whose main characteristic was habitual, almost neurotic dishonesty and constant misleading of others, as well as an irrational hatred of the "corrupt" P99. Now he's called out on it and immediately quits the forum. If it walks like a duck, has the same posting style and habits of a duck, and started being a noticeable presence immediately after the banning of said duck, it's probably a fucking duck. A duck we all love to hate.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Kegz=The homie running that shitty velious server, right? Well, he had at least 1 static. Not unreasonable to assume he had a block of 5; Thats 20 bucks a month from my ISP. Diff IP means nothing.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Incedentally I logged onto Sleepers just now and got some jboots out of from Drelzna in Najena.

Sleepers is back. Level 1 mobs still fear kiting you.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
well i dont have the old images from foh, but heres people talking about them
p99 RMT images

a bit uniformed is right
I don't doubt that some people are making a bit of cash. The problem is the market on P99 just is not that big, and a good chunk of the people there are competing with each other and more items keep coming in daily. Kunark has been out there for, what, three years? Plus, at the end of the day it is an EMU server. I know we have some morons, but really RMTing there?

As far as people making claims of thousands of dollars, well, we know how our community is and how people are prone exaggerate.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I don't doubt that some people are making a bit of cash. The problem is the market on P99 just is not that big, and a good chunk of the people there are competing with each other and more items keep coming in daily. Kunark has been out there for, what, three years? Plus, at the end of the day it is an EMU server. I know we have some morons, but really RMTing there?

As far as people making claims of thousands of dollars, well, we know how our community is and how people are prone exaggerate.
There's people that make money off of an emulated game; it was too farfetched for me to handle seeing nothing like it prior to Project1999, but it exists, just look at redguides, there's a bunch of people offloading plat and characters.
That being said, If it does happen it's isolated and typically handled (ie; player bans handed out) if found out rather quickly.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Given the level of power and lack of accountability and transparency from the staff, it wouldn't surprise me if a good chunk of the limited cash is going straight back to the server admins. If so, good for them. It also wouldn't surprise me if any 'competition' was banned.

I personally do not get the point of RMT, but again my kid seems to want to buy Steam TF2 keys all the time which makes even less sense to me.
confused.png

I love P99, and I've gotten a few months of free entertainment out of it nicely, while filling my old EQ nostalgia void. Plus, I can read about the train wars in VP, and chuckle and log out and go to bed nice and early without feeling the need to join the silliness. Although if those guilds are making thousands, I guess I might be missing out...

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Incedentally I logged onto Sleepers just now and got some jboots out of from Drelzna in Najena.

Sleepers is back. Level 1 mobs still fear kiting you.
Sleeper is back but its still very crazy. They claim kegz isnt running the server but kegz is still a gm. Drolgurd is still a guide and has killed raid mods with his guide power to allow his ranger/bard to loot vulak/sleepers gear. They have also decided to allow EQmac players free level 60s on the server. I believe kegz is still running the server behind the scenes, got a screenshot of drolgurd suggesting it. Either way I made a post on their forum on how to help the server (keep kegz away, change name, change forum, bring back the bugs section - they delete this lol) and they deleted my post, which is very kegzish. Then kegz pm'd me grilling me for that, instead of seeing the light and agreeing with me..

I was also told I could get one free item by drolgurd, chose a primal weapon and drolgurd ran me there to get it killing the master of the guard then leaving, and by time I got it, this new gm exxon or w/e banned me claiming i hacked my way into ST (didnt see drolgurd bc he had left) and took back my primal + a ban. Yet they're giving people free level 60s.

They dont seem to care about the past players, and they havent fixed any bugs so any new players they get will just see what we all saw. I deleted all 5 of my 60 myself (erased).

I dont know how you CANT make moeny off any emu server.. its a server, creates a need (gold items characters) and when its even more popular its better. I mean if you're someone that knows what to do and where to get it, its easy to create/find

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sleeper is back but its still very crazy. They claim kegz isnt running the server but kegz is still a gm. Drolgurd is still a guide and has killed raid mods with his guide power to allow his ranger/druid to look vulak/sleepers gear. They have also decided to allow EQmac players free level 60s on the server. I believe kegz is still running the server behind the scenes, got a screenshot of drolgurd suggesting it. Either way I made a post on their forum on how to help the server (keep kegz away, change name, change forum, bring back the bugs section - they delete this lol) and they deleted my post, which is very kegzish. Then kegz pm'd me grilling me for that, instead of seeing the light and agreeing with me..

I was also told I could get one free item by drolgurd, chose a primal weapon and drolgurd ran me there to get it killing the master of the guard then leaving, and by time I got it, this new gm exxon or w/e banned me claiming i hacked my way into ST (didnt see drolgurd bc he had left) and took back my primal + a ban. Yet they're giving people free level 60s.

They dont seem to care about the past players, and they havent fixed any bugs so any new players they get will just see what we all saw. I deleted all 5 of my 60 myself (erased).

I dont know how you CANT make moeny off any emu server.. its a server, creates a need (gold items characters) and when its even more popular its better. I mean if you're someone that knows what to do and where to get it, its easy to create/find
Ah man that's the greatest post ever. Thanks.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't seriously tempted to buy some plat for a fungi. I made an alt warrior, and killing Seafuries before work gave me enough to twink him out pretty decently, but one thing I never had on live for my twinking was a fungi. Now that I'm older, and making fairly good money each week, I always think to myself that it would take probably 50+ hours of seafuries or about the same time in the Myc camp to get that fungi--but like 4 hours of work will do it. It almost seems rational, if I'm enjoying the game. I mean, the fact that it's an EMU doesn't really change the fact that the game mechanics, like how much a fungi affects you, are still the same. Twinking is till fun as hell.

But I haven't done it yet, because the fact that it's not something real, always just kind of stops me--As irrational as it seems to dump more hours into playing, it's also irrational to trade real life work, for something I actually enjoy doing. Also, I'm enjoying P1999 very much and I don't want my accounts to get banned, was a shit ton of work to start a fresh necro and get him to 55 just to farm for my warrior--and as nuts as it sounds, camping something while I do work in between, actually makes the work feel not so bad. (And the first trickles of tax season are in, so I have plenty of overtime to do.)

But I can totally see how there's plenty of money to be made off exploiting 30-somethings nostalgia. They have enough surplus income to put some away on a game, and they have the nostalgia that drives them to get things they never had on live. It's a potent mix.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whats the population like now on The Sleeper?

Can't believe I spent a few months of my time there. Amazing what a person will do for fresh box pixels.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
But I haven't done it yet, because the fact that it's not something real, always just kind of stops me--As irrational as it seems to dump more hours into playing, it's also irrational to trade real life work, for something I actually enjoy doing. Also, I'm enjoying P1999 very much and I don't want my accounts to get banned, was a shit ton of work to start a fresh necro and get him to 55 just to farm for my warrior--and as nuts as it sounds, camping something while I do work in between, actually makes the work feel not so bad. (And the first trickles of tax season are in, so I have plenty of overtime to do.).
I'd nod my head in agreement if I weren't busy buying another ship from RSI.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was under the impression that the sleeper fell apart after a DOS attack
It did. Kegz handed his work to a small team who took over the project and they just recently re-opened the server. In order to gain back some resemblance of a population, they imported old characters back and are willing to copy your EQMac characters as well.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Im not sure of the population since they allowed free 60's (laugh), but before it was like 5 people on in the low 20s when they "reopened." I don't care how many people play, its still going to be the same with kegz running it. I mean for god sakes they deleted the bug forum and are deleting any negative posts on the forums, do you really think it was "handed" over then. I tried to check it out and get some BoW interest but lot of them noticed my post about how to get population back, was removed, and killed any interest.

here's the pic where i was talking to him and it sounded like kegz was still running serve. audibly is drolgurd on his guide. theres his ranger thats decked with primal wep + vulak wep i believe. even if shit was fixed, giving people free 60's after everyone was slaving to get to 60 (which is the fun of progression) seems to kill any interest to me. ontop of my raiding guild not coming back, and people having decked out gear from raids that never happened
EQ000020_zpsae5fff4c.png