Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I think Lumi needs his own thread to not completely veer off the Velious rumors, and other P99 discussions we've been having.

One question that I have is with so many people, why is it so hard to get groups at times 50+? This server has so many anti social, lumi-type merchants it really is mind boggling. Don't they have a better game to go and farm then an EMU of a 15 year old MMO? I understand a lot of people are sitting by the batphone, but I'm talking more the non hardcore guilds and independent players. This game is all about grouping, but it seems a lot have the WOW mentality of doing things which is hugely counter productive.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^^ where are you trying to get groups at, and what level is your shaman now geck? gotta be getting close to 60... in which case the only two reasonable places to get EXP are Sebilis and Howling Stones.... Sebilis being pretty much the only option for pick-up groups. Howling Stones you have to show up with a group of your own, or make friends with the solo/duo farmers that hang out in there.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
what Lumi was doing with all that plat from selling PLs was no secret. i'm surprised anyone even doubted him about RMTing.

he was a well-known high-end trader in EC, and he was in DL kiting stuff A LOT a few months back... but i'm pretty sure his highest level character wasn't even wearing any gear.

pretty suspicious.... i also don't know why he was surprised he got caught.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
^^ where are you trying to get groups at, and what level is your shaman now geck? gotta be getting close to 60... in which case the only two reasonable places to get EXP are Sebilis and Howling Stones.... Sebilis being pretty much the only option for pick-up groups. Howling Stones you have to show up with a group of your own, or make friends with the solo/duo farmers that hang out in there.
I have a 46 cleric and a low level rogue in addition to my 59 Shaman. I have to literally scrape to get groups even though there are plenty of people sitting around doing nothing.

I think exploits, power leveling, and over twinking have really hurt grouping at most levels on P99. I saw Nagy pop this AM before he was killed in 5 minutes by TMO alts. That explains everything anyone needs to know about the endgame of this server.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
maybe all those Chardok AOE groups are spoiling people

i'm about to start a new character on blue. gonna start over from scratch again.... way more interesting to me than twinking.

don't tell <AG> =p gonna try to enjoy some anonymity for a bit.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I wouldn't be so mad if you didn't ask for retarded ass shit and call me a liar when I'm clearly not a fucking liar and you are just a fucking retard that has zero reading comprehension ability. Like I need to post a screen shot of me kiting 200 mobs or it didn't happen lol. You act like it's even a difficult task or something like it's so unbelievable that it can't be possible. It's like asking me to post a picture of me soloing a fire beetle. Like are you seriously that retarded?
Happy?
No one cares about the people you ripped off running a WoW private server.

Anyone with brains and time could make that much through paypal.

How do you think I have been able to support myself despite having no real job? WarZ private server / GunZ the Duel private servers. Shit makes like $300-1700 per month if not more depending on how much 'private, non-released files' I sell in that time. You'd be surprised at the amount of people that will throw you money just to set up a private server of a game they don't even own the rights to.

All being said I would not be surprised if it was actually true. There's more idiots with money out there than anything else... but it's likely photoshopped or edited using firebug.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
maybe all those Chardok AOE groups are spoiling people

i'm about to start a new character on blue. gonna start over from scratch again.... way more interesting to me than twinking.

don't tell <AG> =p gonna try to enjoy some anonymity for a bit.
AG has so much turnover and invites, I doubt they even know who's in their guild half the time. The problem they have is there is zero room for a casual endgame guild on P1999 due to the instagibbing and RMT going on.

The endgame on P1999 is just hopelessly broken. It's a lot of fun to go there briefly for nostalgia's sake, but it's just a churn factory for RMT and everything that was wrong with EQ. I didn't believe it before, but after seeing it first hand it seems true. I had fun there, but I'm pretty much done. It's great to login and screw around, but I certainly wouldn't ever donate to that shithole since it's such a bad environment for anyone looking for a fresh EQ experience.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
4-5 active raiding guilds during Kunark is better than any server I've ever played on. Those are guilds actually getting raid mobs too, nevermind the guilds doing planar clears and the 7 or so farming Sky (some of the best loot until Velious!). It's really not that bad. Sure mobs die a few minutes from spawning but why wouldn't they?

Also, I've seen the <random top guild> rmt thing quite a bit. People say that rmt is the only reason guilds like TMO have to keep farming the same content. But that's not how you see it when you're actually in a raid guild. Top guilds are only top guilds insofar as they kill the most raid mobs. Loot becomes irrelevant when the goal is to be the best.

I hope you end up sticking it out and join one of the active raiding guilds Gecko. You might enjoy it!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Restarting my lowbie druid after a couple years, anyone got some cheapo wis items I can have? Japser earrings and maybe a Plat Ruby veil.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My server had plenty of active guilds in Kunark/Velious. This poop sock for days on end shit though was not part of it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
most of the top guilds will /guildremove you if you have poor raid attendance

killing dragons on P99 is a pretty big commitment

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We had no rotation but a first in force policy. Worked great first guild with enough numbers to engage wins.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chardok is titties all the way to 60. Also the best duo 50-60 xp is right in solb at efreeti camp.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
4-5 active raiding guilds during Kunark is better than any server I've ever played on. Those are guilds actually getting raid mobs too, nevermind the guilds doing planar clears and the 7 or so farming Sky (some of the best loot until Velious!). It's really not that bad. Sure mobs die a few minutes from spawning but why wouldn't they?

Also, I've seen the <random top guild> rmt thing quite a bit. People say that rmt is the only reason guilds like TMO have to keep farming the same content. But that's not how you see it when you're actually in a raid guild. Top guilds are only top guilds insofar as they kill the most raid mobs. Loot becomes irrelevant when the goal is to be the best.

I hope you end up sticking it out and join one of the active raiding guilds Gecko. You might enjoy it!
IB had some pretty legit RMT going on (mostly post TR merger IB). Kinsawt scooped most of the big money, though. TMO doesn't RMT their raid loot for the most part--but their guild is enormous and has tons of churn. Saw a screenshot the other day of one of their kills--recognized about 5 char names :p

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
No one cares about the people you ripped off running a WoW private server.

Anyone with brains and time could make that much through paypal.

How do you think I have been able to support myself despite having no real job? WarZ private server / GunZ the Duel private servers. Shit makes like $300-1700 per month if not more depending on how much 'private, non-released files' I sell in that time. You'd be surprised at the amount of people that will throw you money just to set up a private server of a game they don't even own the rights to.

All being said I would not be surprised if it was actually true. There's more idiots with money out there than anything else... but it's likely photoshopped or edited using firebug.
Lol what the fuck is this retard talking about? WoW Private server? I don't get it.

Man another mother fucking retard. If you don't think RMT is the #1 sole reason that the shit show that is the raid scene on P99 exists then you are fucking retarded.