Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just want to report back that this game has taken over my life. 1999 for real.....
I have to admit... me and my old EQ buddies have fired this up. We must have done a little bit of P99 before going to EQMac as we all had 15-20ish toons. I think I may reroll and bring up a Ranger. I never really played a Ranger and always wanted to... we mainly just made fun of them all the time.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just got to 9 on my Ranger and it's pretty rough, the exp penalty is no joke. Forgot they removed that during Velious.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I just got to 9 on my Ranger and it's pretty rough, the exp penalty is no joke. Forgot they removed that during Velious.
I think I may have forgotten just what can solo if at all. I guess at this state of the game, it was pretty much Druids and Necros.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Good luck getting Sirken or Derubael with real powers to act on anything with speed unless it involves a guild slighting TMO in some fashion.
i've never seen Derubael in-game, but i've been helped out by Sirken several times.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I soloed the Thaumathurgist with my 32 warrior yesterday. She took me down to 40% and she was green. I had so forgotten how helpless warriors are Classic EQ.

That's why I started an Ikky Necro, something to do when it's ghost town on P99 and nobody needs a bloody warrior for groups.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^ lol thats exactly what i did when i started on P99

warrior main, necromancer alt (for sanity purposes)

if i get frustrated on my warrior, can't find a group, can't solo light blues then i'd log on my necro and blast some reds as stress relief.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure no date has been set, but they have been testing raid mobs for the past month or so. I'd imagine they'd have it ready before the end of the year atleast.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I actually settled on an Enchanter. Cannot believe how many of our guys came out of the to woodwork. Started with about 3-4 of us but now we have close to 10 playing and will probably have a couple more trickle in. Should be fun.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I actually settled on an Enchanter. Cannot believe how many of our guys came out of the to woodwork. Started with about 3-4 of us but now we have close to 10 playing and will probably have a couple more trickle in. Should be fun.
What's your characters name?

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Course.. on my warrior people think I'm a twink, while I'm fucking totally broke. Most of the stuff that's better than bronze was given to me by people who thought that "warriors should have better items", and even bronze was given to me.

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
I'm playing a necro on blue '99 and use titanium client. During mana regen downtime, I'd like to have a second copy of EQ open and level a druid on red '99 *this is legal by server rules*.

The trouble is that whenever I try to open a second instance of EQ, the first instance black screens. It's doesn't lock up (can still hear sound, and task manager shows running normally). I can fix the black screen on first instance with alt+enter, but this seems to just create a chain of problems, if I keep trying to get the second window up, until both crash.

Anyone have similar problems? Any ideas on an easy way to fix? Could it be video driver issue?

*note: if I try to switch a single instance of EQ to full screen, the game crashes.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'm playing a necro on blue '99 and use titanium client. During mana regen downtime, I'd like to have a second copy of EQ open and level a druid on red '99 *this is legal by server rules*.

The trouble is that whenever I try to open a second instance of EQ, the first instance black screens. It's doesn't lock up (can still hear sound, and task manager shows running normally). I can fix the black screen on first instance with alt+enter, but this seems to just create a chain of problems, if I keep trying to get the second window up, until both crash.

Anyone have similar problems? Any ideas on an easy way to fix? Could it be video driver issue?

*note: if I try to switch a single instance of EQ to full screen, the game crashes.
Using WinEQ2 at all?

If not, I would highly recommend it.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Was going to start playing again for the first time in 4 years. Spent 12 hours in the past 2 days leveling my bard from 13 to almost 17. Unfortunately, I had a run in with one of the server staff.

Had been doing an orc highway group for 3 hours with a group of 14-16 players. Exp sucks in that zone, but at least there are non stop pulls. Or at least, there were non-stop pulls, until a lvl 52 druid showed up and started snaring every mob I tagged, pulling it away and killing it. He also repeatedly tried to train us with massive pulls of all kinds of random shit, right through the middle of our camp. After 15 minutes of this, one of the group mates reported the guy, and amazingly enough a guide named Eunomia or something showed up pretty much immediately. And he then proceeded to tell us to stop taking the lvl 52 guy's mobs. How exactly would a bunch of lvl 14-16s take mobs from a lvl 52, even if we wanted to? I mean, what the fucking fuck? Group chat explodes with people bitching about corrupt GMs and most of the group logs or leaves. Guide then goes into /ooc and starts telling everyone to play nice, and that the training/kill stealing lvl 52 is doing nothing wrong.

I figured I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of BS till I at least got up around 50 and tried to start raiding.