Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not at all,

Stop your obsession its really creepy.

People just called him out on stuff and were mean to him so he left...no biggie.

*scribbles in legal pad*

I see, I see...

excuse me, now, I need to go update some things in my Rogean shrine.

also looks like a few candles burned out

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
The GMs and Guides were rolling through old / banned accounts and stripping them of gear and selling them for $.

I am not joking. This is 100% true.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I just came back and my cleric was stripped and my Mage. Haven't checked on them since Kunark came out. Kinda sad to see. Draco belt manastone and Inny staff among other things

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep but people still play on P99 are are willfully ignorant of these things. There is no long-term outcome for P99 that ends well for anyone that plays there.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yep but people still play on P99 are are willfully ignorant of these things. There is no long-term outcome for P99 that ends well for anyone that plays there.
Yep the second you start caring and getting deep into the "community" is the minute you start losing. Toxic all the way through.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yup. i even was a part of one of the best combination community/raiding guilds on the server (fuck i miss my bros in <Azure Guard>), and the toxic nature of P99 as a whole was enough to make me never want to take the place seriously again. wish i hadn't wasted a year and a half of my life on this fucking pile of shit box. the only reason the place is so popular is because it was the first of classic emu servers. MAYBE, MAYBE the devs will see fit to make sure that the second or third iteration of the Recycled99 server that will be coming out sometime before 2020 isn't a corrupt cesspool of deceit and drama, but probably not.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm in AG now, and its crazy to see some of the people still playing and raiding when I first quit like 1-2 years ago...

At this point im just playing to pass time.. I have little interest in going crazy trying to raid like these people do at all hours of the day. It's amazing the amount of PP these people have stored just because there is no where to go with any of it, they just raid to sell the gear for more PP to spend on nothing lol

Goonsquad Officer
I just got nostalgic from a friend asking questions, so i'm poking around on it. is there a rerolled guild? or are folks just doing their own thing?

made a chanter, may go shaman though cus i miss cabalis and being an iksar
frown.png

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
I'm in a similar boat, "...". LF a guild, is FoH the rerolled guild, if there is one? I just started back up again a few weeks ago. Name is Phanton, 34 necro.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
none of us really take this server seriously anymore. various of us thread regulars have taken serious stabs at this server at different points through the server's history. there's never really been a forum guild. AFAIK <Fires of Heaven> on P99 has nothing to do with the original. probably started as a tribute by someone who didn't realize that there actually is an FoH community still going.

to anyone going in -- the endgame really sucks on this server. they were stuck in classic for literally years before the developed/released kunark, then they were stuck in kunark for literally years before they developed/released velious. there's a ridiculous amount of platinum/gear in the world. there are people that have been playing since day 1 and have a level 60 of every class, camped out and parked at raid boss spawn points waiting for a text message to log on and go kill said boss for the 50th time.

the ride to the top is fun, but raiding on this server is like driving nails into your own skull.