Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was forum guild at one point. It was called <The Black Hand>. Got to like 30 people before interest died off.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
none of us really take this server seriously anymore. various of us thread regulars have taken serious stabs at this server at different points through the server's history. there's never really been a forum guild. AFAIK <Fires of Heaven> on P99 has nothing to do with the original. probably started as a tribute by someone who didn't realize that there actually is an FoH community still going.

to anyone going in -- the endgame really sucks on this server. they were stuck in classic for literally years before the developed/released kunark, then they were stuck in kunark for literally years before they developed/released velious. there's a ridiculous amount of platinum/gear in the world. there are people that have been playing since day 1 and have a level 60 of every class, camped out and parked at raid boss spawn points waiting for a text message to log on and go kill said boss for the 50th time.

the ride to the top is fun, but raiding on this server is like driving nails into your own skull.
Actually was only in classic (with sky!) for just under a year and a half. Kunark dragged absolute ass but at least vp / epics halfway through revitalized things a bit. I've got a 60 clr, 60 mnk, 60 nec, 60 war, 60 shm, 60 enc, 60 rog, 2x 60 wiz, 60 dru, and at one point had access to many more. I like P99 raiding but it requires an unhealthy level of time commitment. Very fun when you can swing it, but working in any meaningful way and having a meaningful relationship with one's family simply isn't possible in the current p99 raid scene.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought our original forum guild was Fish Bait or was that the server before P99 that we all played on that had 5x EXP and it was easy as fuck to level to 50?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I thought our original forum guild was Fish Bait or was that the server before P99 that we all played on that had 5x EXP and it was easy as fuck to level to 50?
I think it was Fish Bait but that got absorbed by DA? then The Black Hand formed like a year later but disolved and I know a couple of us went to The Evil Empire and became TMO.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ehh I think DA was on the way out or almost not a thing when Fish Bait was a thing.

P99 Classic raiding was laughable. Got to a point where Vox, Naggy, and Inny would pop around the same constantly and all you did was log over to your alt that was camped there. I cannot describe the drama before variances when you knew EXACTLY when that shit was going to spawn.

I thought I knew a lot about EQ before I joined <IB> but I learned a lot about the subtle nuances of EQ. I really never have raided with smarter people. Zoning into Fear and killing CT and evaccing out without fucking with the other mobs in the zone was a good example. That shit was crazy.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I thought I knew a lot about EQ before I joined <IB> but I learned a lot about the subtle nuances of EQ. I really never have raided with smarter people. Zoning into Fear and killing CT and evaccing out without fucking with the other mobs in the zone was a good example. That shit was crazy.
The brain trust at the core of IB was always top notch. Easily the most ingenious players i've ever had the chance to play with. And that goes without saying much about their organization, which was always at irl corporation type levels.

Siliconemelons

Ehh I think DA was on the way out or almost not a thing when Fish Bait was a thing.

P99 Classic raiding was laughable. Got to a point where Vox, Naggy, and Inny would pop around the same constantly and all you did was log over to your alt that was camped there. I cannot describe the drama before variances when you knew EXACTLY when that shit was going to spawn.

Fish Bait was a thing before DA, and then again later it was resurged a few times in late classic and kunark.

I think back on my "Live" exp and the raiding stuff was all "how it was meant to be" - we always raided and did things mostly within the "standard" skill and "rules" of the game- I did more bending the mechanics etc. in my solo/group life being a SK and friends with a Ranger.

On p99 the raid scene is the epitome of abusing the mechanics to do your objective in whatever random constraint the GMs or competition has created - I wonder what life will be like on p99 when they perma root 90% of NTOV and all of W/ETOV

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it was Fish Bait but that got absorbed by DA? then The Black Hand formed like a year later but disolved and I know a couple of us went to The Evil Empire and became TMO.
Were you Fifey in EE or someone else? Sorry I have a bad memory
frown.png

I had tons of fun in Evil Empire.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So... what exactly is that a list of? Because I searched for my characters and neither of them showed up. Namechanged to protect RMTers?

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hmmmm there is gonna be some peoples accounts getting brute forced I bet. OH WELL!

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
So... what exactly is that a list of? Because I searched for my characters and neither of them showed up. Namechanged to protect RMTers?
I had one account show up and the other did not. I had traded the one account that showed up years ago for plat and started the 2nd account which doesn't show. A couple years back I took a break for a couple months after leveling a monk solo to like 31 totally twinked out on the 2nd account. When I tried to get back in I couldn't get in as my pw kept failing. I only use a couple variations of the pw so there was no way I could have forgotten it. I emailed and emailed and got no response. So I quit for good as I didn't want to start from scratch again. After reading this thread for years my bet is my account was inactive for a couple months so they thought I was gone and they sold all the gear off of it for rmt and deleted the account but I'm just speculating.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your obsession scares me and I like it.
You should see all the twitch streams he goes into and talks about it for hours on end as well... i like to read the drama but at this point its starting to get annoying.

My account wasn't on that list either, and its pretty outdated as I seen someone I knew and his char was listed as 38, hes 58 now and levels VERY slow.