Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really? From my eqemu source:

So, yeah, there is AC-based mitigation in eqemu code. It even allows for item shielding %, AA, etc. Not that you can see this, because you've got me on ignore, but hey, that's not my problem. I haven't run the parses (yet), but I will do so eventually, because I'm curious how well the stock eqemu code works now.

Also, you seem to be talking about AC mitigating hit chance. I hope you didn't make AC actually factor in to Mob::CheckHitChance, or you're a fool.
Woops I accidentally hit that quote button.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Jesus please tell me AC affects chance to be hit on The Sleeper. I'd love to shower in pure liquid retard juice today.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Enchanter, druid, cleric is probably the best trio in the game.

Complete heal for charmed pets (druid can charm situationally too), clarity, haste, slow, stuns, snare, invis, evac, hp buffs, ports, sow... Can take any camp in the game easy.
Also, make sure the cleric and druid are halflings and the ench is a DE. The value of racial hide cannot be matched.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Woops I accidentally hit that quote button.
Oh look, the code we had to fix because that stock code is completely broken and doesn't actually work on any emu server... read the thread (https://epicemu.com/forum/ac-dynamic-hit-modification) on our boards it clearly explains how AC does NOT work on P99 or any other emu server except The Sleeper. Parse it you will see how the chance for a mob to hit you is set to the static amount you set in the database, even with the broken code you pasted compiled... but I cant expect you to know this because Im the one open sourcing classic EQ, not you.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Please explain to me how AC has anything to do with a mob's chance to hit a player. Unless I am totally out to lunch on this I thought chance to hit wait purely a matter of level+avoidance.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Kegz, your AC testing consists of three samples performed with a level 11 warrior. Stop acting like you got it right. You got literally nothing else right on your disastrous failure of a server. Why don't you fix it instead of trying to save face (which is impossible by now, come on) by touting the one or two things you think you actually did well? The "we're open-source and have AC code!" drivel isn't gonna take you very far when everything else on your server is utter garbage.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Quaid, he may be referring to the fact that if your AC completely mitigates a hit, it's not really a hit, per se. He's just saying it wrong.

I'm going to get my emu back up at some point and test this myself, and post the results somewhere. Won't be here as this is a massive derail. I'll use one of Kegz' 500 Rickshawed threads instead.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enchanter, druid, cleric is probably the best trio in the game.

Complete heal for charmed pets (druid can charm situationally too), clarity, haste, slow, stuns, snare, invis, evac, hp buffs, ports, sow... Can take any camp in the game easy.
enc/clr/shm, shaman having access to puppet strings is objectively the best trio in the game. Pretty much unbeatable :p

Quaid

Trump's Staff
enc/clr/shm, shaman having access to puppet strings is objectively the best trio in the game. Pretty much unbeatable :p
You are of course correct in a vaccuum, but i still prefer dru/enc/clr. A lot of shaman utility is covered by the enchanter, and in your trio travel is a pain, you have no oshithalflingyoloswag evac button, no snare. Also, no shaman race gets hide (which is crazy awesome for going AFK and holding camps), whereas cleric and druid can go halflings and ench can go DE.

Not to mention... Puppet strings sell for 100kpp+... And you need two of them for recharges.

In theory shaman is better, but under real world conditions take a druid all day.

scal_sl

shitlord
You are of course correct in a vaccuum, but i still prefer dru/enc/clr. A lot of shaman utility is covered by the enchanter, and in your trio travel is a pain, you have no oshithalflingyoloswag evac button, no snare. Also, no shaman race gets hide (which is crazy awesome for going AFK and holding camps), whereas cleric and druid can go halflings and ench can go DE.

Not to mention... Puppet strings sell for 100kpp+... And you need two of them for recharges.

In theory shaman is better, but under real world conditions take a druid all day.
Malo alone is worth more to a trio consisting of enc/cler/X than anything a druid can provide. Slow can be very difficult to land and the additional MR debuff for charm is very useful. It's one of the reasons enc/shaman is a superior duo than enc/cleric.

Two people slowing is also incredibly useful. It's also preferable that shaman tank over enchanters when charm breaks. Druids can't really contribute here.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_37087.jpg

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Malo alone is worth more to a trio consisting of enc/cler/X than anything a druid can provide. Slow can be very difficult to land and the additional MR debuff for charm is very useful. It's one of the reasons enc/shaman is a superior duo than enc/cleric.

Two people slowing is also incredibly useful. It's also preferable that shaman tank over enchanters when charm breaks. Druids can't really contribute here.
Torpor, malo, superior slow, increased total hp (full hp buffs). It isn't even close. Shamans are alpha as fuck even through PoP. CLR is only really needed in the trio when the mobs get super serious and the charm pets require complete healing (trio'ing lower tier raid mobs).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Kegz, I wanted to like EpicEmu but everything about that server is a fucking abortion. Maybe you're fixing it, but when I quit it wasn't even close in any regard.
I'm sure it was never even his intent to make an actually decent server. Judging by his clear lack of respect, intellect, and personal character, I'm sure he fired it off hastily to cash in on an RMT scam run by himself. Here's no other excuse for how fucking awful The Sleeper is really.

And yes, Shaman are 'better' than Druids in an ENC/CLR/x trio, but only at actually killing mobs. That may sound silly, but what I mean is, at 60 the is no camp in the game (in Kunark) the shaman group could take that th druid one couldn't, and you sacrifice a ton of very handy utility. Just seems like a lot of diminishing returns with the shaman while sacrificing all the convenience of the druid. But ya, Shaman are beast.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
I'm sure it was never even his intent to make an actually decent server. Judging by his clear lack of respect, intellect, and personal character, I'm sure he fired it off hastily to cash in on an RMT scam run by himself. Here's no other excuse for how fucking awful The Sleeper is really.

And yes, Shaman are 'better' than Druids in an ENC/CLR/x trio, but only at actually killing mobs. That may sound silly, but what I mean is, at 60 the is no camp in the game (in Kunark) the shaman group could take that th druid one couldn't, and you sacrifice a ton of very handy utility. Just seems like a lot of diminishing returns with the shaman while sacrificing all the convenience of the druid. But ya, Shaman are beast.
Speaking in third person and past tense? Admitting that there is some sort of RMT scam going on with P99?

rrr_img_37263.jpg

For those that missed out on the convo:

TLDR: Butthurt p99 fanboys mad because they cant sell as many pixels becauseThe Sleeperprovides people a place to play without variance raiding, poopsocking, RMT, or GM corruption, also because their armor is only visual, provides no true AC benefit as it does onThe Sleeper.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Oh trust me, I'm relaxed my man. You'd actually have to say something of consequence to 'rustle' anything. Unfortunately, all you do is repeat the same garbage talking points over and over like some filthy, mindless, politician.

Maybe if you repeat them enough someone will start to believe you. Or maybe you are just trying to convince yourself? Lol