Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Oh trust me, I'm relaxed my man. You'd actually have to say something of consequence to 'rustle' anything. Unfortunately, all you do is repeat the same garbage talking points over and over like some filthy, mindless, politician.

Maybe if you repeat them enough someone will start to believe you. Or maybe you are just trying to convince yourself? Lol
Keep that tinfoil hat on tight, I only repeat that the AC on P99 does not work at all and it does onThe Sleeperbecause it is true.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Keep that tinfoil hat on tight, I only repeat that the AC on P99 does not work at all and it does onThe Sleeperbecause it is true.
Nah man. You repeat it because you have an IQ in the double digits. Canned responses and silly meme pictures are clearly the only way you can argue. You aren't 'rustling anyone's jimmies' because at this point it's almost kind of cute... Like a fussy infant or a misbehaving puppy.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
shit's been getting DDoS'd hard, someone is dropping boocko bucks to piss in p99's cereal

Swagdaddy

and yeah Ac is trash on p99, one of the many reasons monks are so OP there.

they tank as well as any knight/warrior

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
This DDoS crap is selfish and immature. How egotistical do you have to be to get your kicks from inconveniencing upwards of 800 people on a daily basis?

Anyhow, I have been playing a Darkelf Enchanter and I'm up to lvl 10. A buddy and I started last week sometime and he's a wizard. So far the population on this server is pretty great. Someone gifted me some plat, another gave me a few items including an oracle robe. Having a helpful and responsive community definitely helps take the edge off of going back to the rigors of classic EQ.

Now if only the manchild who is fucking with the server would knock that shit off..

Swagdaddy

Nevermind turns out the server lag is from some dupe/exploit people are using to close a billion AoNs and other shit to try and sell as soon as possible before the dupe is fixed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The problem with resists and AC is people who NEVER played before planes of power telling them that things are working right.

For all their efforts to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about..

Sirran is correct finally...

Maybe 20 loud retards < 1 person who knows as we go forward. Could be good!

You guys should try EQ Mac. It's a very similar experience. Some stuff is worse but a lot of stuff is better. Something like this:

worse:
  • Client is old, can't see DoT damage, pets dont zone, cant turn off environmental sounds, etc.
  • Has PoK which neutralizes travel. Personally I like it nowadays but I know it goes against the grain of EQ.
  • Bit harder to find a group than p99.
  • PC version is not officially supported

better:
  • Has far more content. You could play for several months just in the old world. Then do the same again in kunark. Then the same in Velious. etc..
  • Still feels like "old EQ", the gear is not that over powered and not much mudflation. It's still very hard to get started (if you don't accept handouts), and you'll still be wearing junk for 20 or more levels.
  • No corruption - there is no RMT issue and the high end is like a normal server, unlike P99 which is on total lockdown by certain people/guilds.
  • Lets you multi box if you want. Means you are free to play as a Warrior or something without too much of struggling journey. Lets you get groups together faster, fun, etc..
  • No DDOS or whatever, it's an official SOE server.
  • (Apparently) more accurate representation of EQ. AC works and everything else. It's an official server so everything seems accurate.

Is there a rerolled presence there? Who all from these boards is playing?
I think there are several people from here that play. Not sure who exactly, but they post in the EQ Mac thread sometimes.

It's all about the population. That's why people play on P99.
EQ Mac isn't too bad though. It is lower than p99 but people still get groups together regularly. There is also a server wide chat channel which makes finding a group far easier.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The "DDOS" appears to be from using an item dupe that makes the server unstable

aheahheaheahe.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started a few days ago on EqMac. 24 Necro named Jysin.

Hit me up with some freebie gear people. I have two slots worth a damn (Robe / Mainhand), and the rest pretty much empty!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The "DDOS" appears to be from using an item dupe that makes the server unstable

aheahheaheahe.jpg
at this point its pure speculation that the two problems are related

definitely possible though. either way, tiggles made a good point about possible duping based on the number of AoNs and Thex Daggers in the EC forum. i had noticed the excess of Thex Daggers myself, seemed pretty odd considering the Thex Dagger quest was removed quite awhile ago.