Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Flinger

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Luminati also Lumie? The guy from the old boards that was insane and believed in lizard people or some such shit?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So I was just banned on p99 for no reason whatsoever. Ambrotos approaches me, disguised as a player saying they heard I could sell them items. Seemed fishy so I knew not to agree to anything and talked to them outside of the game. They wanted like 200k and I said I can't do that. Started to seem fishy so I never said anything about selling it, the only thing I even said was the going market rate of 100k. Never mentioned paypal or anyway to pay me. Sure enough a few minutes later I'm banned. I'm told by Rogean to go make a petition. I do, Ambrotos claims to have evidence but doesn't show me any of it and yet has to resort to a half assed attempt at entrapment. Then my forum account is banned.

I wonder if there is any legal action that can be taken. I find it hard to believe that these guys can run an illegal server and then ban someone for absolutely no reason at all wasting thousands of hours of someones time. Especially when their own admins break their own rules in an attempt to poorly entrap their own players. They think players have absolutely no rights whatsoever on their server. I find this hard to believe especially considering they are illegally hosting it.
This came across my desk today.

YOU WERE OPENLY SOLICITING RMT.

You ever heard of working the street corners out in Trak's teeth? Or PMs?

That's like running around with a bloody gun in front of a police station. And, WOW, you got caught. Imagine that!

BTW they (P99 staff) read these boards.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wouldnt be too hard to setup a buy then ban once you have a character name. Shit isnt the usual suspects.

Though it does remind be of the time I got banned from Vanguard beta lol. Posted the install file size back on foh and within an hour I was banned.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's about 2600pp. 3,000 + 2,600 + 400pp = 6k for running around DL for 50 minutes. The going rate of plat is about 1.90$ per 1k = about 12$ an hour, tax free.
Lol, $12 an hour.

I make $24 just sitting in a DC cubicle watching people lift boxes all day 12 hours a day 3-days a week.

I could also be playing EQ during that time.

EDIT:

Our entry level grunts that lift ammo boxes all day, make $14.62 an hour and only lose about $50 in taxes per paycheck... You're making less than an illegal immigrant who lifts cardboard boxes for a living bro.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lol, $12 an hour.

I make $24 just sitting in a DC cubicle watching people lift boxes all day 12 hours a day 3-days a week.

I could also be playing EQ during that time.

EDIT:

Our entry level grunts that lift ammo boxes all day, make $14.62 an hour and only lose about $50 in taxes per paycheck... You're making less than an illegal immigrant who lifts cardboard boxes for a living bro.
Considering I don't need to commute to work and have zero taxes taken out I'd say it's about even. Only difference being is that I don't actually have to do any work but they do. Would you rather make 12$ an hour doing a bunch of heavy lifting or playing a video game?

I should also mention that I do elo boosting in league at the same time as I flipped items in EC, making about another 8$ an hour on top of what I made from EQ. So now that's about 20$ an hour tax free, playing video games, from the luxury of my own home. Wake up whenever I want, don't have to listen to or take shit from anyone. Don't have to wait til the end of the week for a paycheck. I get paid literally every day.

If I were really smart I'd have been streaming on top of all this for probably an additional 10-15$ an hour at least and then I'd be making some serious cash. I do sell some weed on the side too for a couple hundred extra dollars a week which is another reason I like to stay home and just do shit in EQ and league since I can just have those people come to me. All in all I've got a pretty good system down where I never have to leave my house and make over 1k a week, not even including what I make from poker.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Considering I don't need to commute to work and have zero taxes taken out I'd say it's about even. Only difference being is that I don't actually have to do any work but they do. Would you rather make 12$ an hour doing a bunch of heavy lifting or playing a video game?

I should also mention that I do elo boosting in league at the same time as I flipped items in EC, making about another 8$ an hour on top of what I made from EQ. So now that's about 20$ an hour tax free, playing video games, from the luxury of my own home. Wake up whenever I want, don't have to listen to or take shit from anyone. Don't have to wait til the end of the week for a paycheck. I get paid literally every day.

If I were really smart I'd have been streaming on top of all this for probably an additional 10-15$ an hour at least and then I'd be making some serious cash. I do sell some weed on the side too for a couple hundred extra dollars a week which is another reason I like to stay home and just do shit in EQ and league since I can just have those people come to me. All in all I've got a pretty good system down where I never have to leave my house and make over 1k a week, not even including what I make from poker.
There is no real escalation from that though, 12 p/h here, 8 p/h there, $10 for a dime here and there.

On the offhand that $24 p/h comes with full 401k,full dental, full health, PPO shit and stock options, complete tuition reimbursement and pulling weight for a few years can easily land the salaried position and land 75k... I mean I get it you're your own boss but virtual sales as an independent merchant isn't making near the bank you'd pull in by just dropping 50k on a franchise and collecting cash that way or owning an actual physical business.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord

What's scary is that you think this is a life worth bragging about.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
There is no real escalation from that though, 12 p/h here, 8 p/h there, $10 for a dime here and there.

On the offhand that $24 p/h comes with full 401k,full dental, full health, PPO shit and stock options, complete tuition reimbursement and pulling weight for a few years can easily land the salaried position and land 75k... I mean I get it you're your own boss but virtual sales as an independent merchant isn't making near the bank you'd pull in by just dropping 50k on a franchise and collecting cash that way or owning an actual physical business.
Ya that's basically what I intend to do eventually, open a business of some sort. Right now all of my money goes towards fueling my poker bankroll. Just a matter of time until I hit a major tournament and win 100k+ and once I start grinding the high stakes cash games, can pretty easily make 200-300k a year or more.

What's scary is that you think this is a life worth bragging about.
I'm not bragging about it really. Just some people claimed I was full of shit so I explained in extreme detail how I am actually not full of shit. It's also interesting to consider how much money you can make from home doing something you enjoy and not having to answer to a boss or adhere to a strict schedule.

Did you take legal action?
No but after a little bit of looking into, if I were to I believe I would have to sue SOE and not Rogean and in turn, SOE would turn around and sue Rogean and issue cease & desist orders. I mean you can sue anyone for just about any reason, doesn't necessarily mean it will actually do anything.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
Ya that's basically what I intend to do eventually, open a business of some sort. Right now all of my money goes towards fueling my poker bankroll. Just a matter of time until I hit a major tournament and win 100k+ and once I start grinding the high stakes cash games, can pretty easily make 200-300k a year or more.

I'm not bragging about it really. Just some people claimed I was full of shit so I explained in extreme detail how I am actually not full of shit. It's also interesting to consider how much money you can make from home doing something you enjoy and not having to answer to a boss or adhere to a strict schedule.

No but after a little bit of looking into, if I were to I believe I would have to sue SOE and not Rogean and in turn, SOE would turn around and sue Rogean and issue cease & desist orders. I mean you can sue anyone for just about any reason, doesn't necessarily mean it will actually do anything.
Dude, you and Reality should really sit down and have a drink some time. It would be super benificial to you. Try and make it happen.