Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
P99 is better than it's been in awhile. The raid scene has been given defibrillation and is accessible to just about anyone. If you want to be hardcore and have the phatest lewtz, you have 3 guilds to choose from that are all equally successful for the most part right now. If you want to be more casual you have 6 guilds that rotate through all raid targets outside VP.

Regarding inflation, this only really affects things like seafuries and hill giants that drop direct plat. Items do cost a lot, but that means the items you sell are worth a lot too. For the most part, the numbers are just bigger.

Regarding things being overcamped, well this comes from a healthy population. But it's not like Arden has made it out to be. Just a couple days ago I went to camp the AC in OOT. I waited about an hour for the person camping it to leave, and then I got my ring (eventually) to MQ to my new alt.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I rolled a bard on P99 and got to a whooping lvl 3. I figure I can kill time with this for the next year or so pretty easily playing casually. I really forgot how slow the game used to be. My main question is do they have any plan for post Velious content? EQ Vanilla - Velious is great but it will eventually get boring.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
So I rolled a bard on P99 and got to a whooping lvl 3. I figure I can kill time with this for the next year or so pretty easily playing casually. I really forgot how slow the game used to be. My main question is do they have any plan for post Velious content? EQ Vanilla - Velious is great but it will eventually get boring.
There's rumors of two post-Velious routes. 1) It's strongly suspected that they'll launch a second server with a much stricter classic timeline and that the expansions will release on time since the work will largely have been already done. And 2) They've discussed off and on adding some custom content / PoP while skipping Luclin as long as that content stays true to the roots and spirit of classic EQ.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, both of those options are pretty lackluster but I guess it is far enough in the future to not worry too much. Why skip Luclin? People hate on the graphics revamp but I always thought it was a pretty good expansion.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wow, both of those options are pretty lackluster but I guess it is far enough in the future to not worry too much. Why skip Luclin? People hate on the graphics revamp but I always thought it was a pretty good expansion.
Cats on the moon. I think is the general idea behind skipping it.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got this loaded up. Since it's been forever since I played, anyone got a good beginner guide for starting in GFay?

Xasten_sl

shitlord
Did TMO reform or what happened to the remnants?
It was disbanded partly as an act of ...protest. The cooler heads instantly reformed and assumed command. Basically, it's a shake up of a few officer / leader spots, but the guild itself is running as if nothing happened.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It was disbanded partly as an act of ...protest. The cooler heads instantly reformed and assumed
command. Basically, it's a shake up of a few officer / leader spots, but the guild itself is running as if nothing happened.
Is Zeelot still around?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With Rogean's changes, raid scene on p99 has never really been better. Just so many more goddamn mobs and 16 hr variance makes tracking a breeze in comparison. Still gotta have giant guilds, batphone and ball hard when shit spawns but it's really not all that. Even Taken gets mobs now. Hell, I got a shissar apothic staff today. I'm ready for the velious donals nerf now :p
And still the best server to roll on if you have aspirations of becoming a young lawyer.

Here is a serious question and asking because I was on spare PC that I mainly use to do minimal things while I'm upgrading my main PC which is on the table atm.

Is Kelethin totally lag central when you first login or was it the PC? I mean it's only 2 years old for crying out loud and it's just EQ!
If you are running MQ2 it's probably the labels on your map giving you the lag. That zone has a shit ton of mobs in it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I logged in after years to see my wizard is level 34

I have no memory of playing until level 34. Anyone wanna group?

and a question about the server..
why is the Night not dark?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Because P99 is based off the Titanium client, which by that point Sony had done lots of changes to the gamma of the game.

Would be too much of a hassle to fix that - P99 staff has no graphics designers on staff.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
dark is still pretty damn dark if you're playing a race without infravision / ultravision and you leave the gamma slider set to a normal level. my human paladin can't see in the qeynos aqueducts without a lightsource if the gamma is set to anything under 75%.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
dark is still pretty damn dark if you're playing a race without infravision / ultravision and you leave the gamma slider set to a normal level. my human paladin can't see in the qeynos aqueducts without a lightsource if the gamma is set to anything under 75%.
EC used to be dark as fuck, now my erudite can see clear as day there. That is absolutely not classic, I guess what mano said is correct. My gamma is at like 35 or 40% at best. Ah, such a shame. Before Sony changed it, you had a light level of literally zero when it was dark.

but it does make me wonder if that is beyond their capabilities. I only edited doom.wad files, lighting there was fairly easy to do.

Tulain_sl

shitlord
EC used to be dark as fuck, now my erudite can see clear as day there. That is absolutely not classic, I guess what mano said is correct. My gamma is at like 35 or 40% at best. Ah, such a shame. Before Sony changed it, you had a light level of literally zero when it was dark.

but it does make me wonder if that is beyond their capabilities. I only edited doom.wad files, lighting there was fairly easy to do.
I'm sure it will be looked at eventually.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
The max clip underwater in the titanium client is greatly expanded as well; it really ruins the atmosphere of underwater zones.