Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
best option for leveling quickly / worst option for making friends
rrr_img_71059.jpg

nate_sl

shitlord
Couldn't resist any longer, just started an enchanter, Zlexx. Level 2. I'll be playing most of the weekend... toss me 50 pp and I will be your friend forever.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Couldn't resist any longer, just started an enchanter, Zlexx. Level 2. I'll be playing most of the weekend... toss me 50 pp and I will be your friend forever.
Heh, look for heallun / kryos / target / nefarion /shooma / swiftstring /stabdat / hulkbrogan etc. etc. this weekend and I can probably help you get a cheap start. I got a VS sock coming up on monday or tuesday, will have to check spawn timers.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is there a crap load of them? Might be a nice change after playing a rogue for so many years. Have they had the tanking nerf? And is it worth being an Iksar with the exp penalties?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a crap load of them? Might be a nice change after playing a rogue for so many years. Have they had the tanking nerf? And is it worth being an Iksar with the exp penalties?
Threat will never be enough to tank. Raid targets require aggro clickies / defensive stance /evasive stance, but they work extremely well for WW stalls with appropriate aggro clicks (especially with puppet strings).

There's a ton of monks. But on P99 monks (and necros, sometimes bards) determine who gets what raid target in class C. There's never enough good monks. DPS monks are lame though :p And Iksar is the only monk ~~ I think the BOTB proved that >< Though it won't make much of a difference at 60 in a raiding capacity. Tanking "nerf" wasn't til luclin, but AC on p99 has never worked right (though it's better on beta!). Monks weren't god-tier tanks until the velious on AC items started making them nutso.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guilds still dying to snatch Clerics?
I don't think that ever ends. Especially not with velious on the horizon. Cleric burn out also appears higher than most. It's important to remember that you're recruiting a player, though, not a class. Pretty much everyone top end has at least 3 geared 60s. Can't raid effectively in class C without them due to overlapping windows and instant engages.

edit: atm we've had an active bard shortage which I'm actively working to fix. Even unskilled bards are fine for most raid tasks, though good ones are rare as hell and worth their weight in gold. Same as monks. Clerics are useful at most skill levels. Rogues can be stone cold retarded as long as they turn attack off on enrage and push in the direction they are told to.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Bards are a pretty amazing class but not so good for the carpel tunnel.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
I don't think that ever ends. Especially not with velious on the horizon. Cleric burn out also appears higher than most. It's important to remember that you're recruiting a player, though, not a class. Pretty much everyone top end has at least 3 geared 60s. Can't raid effectively in class C without them due to overlapping windows and instant engages.

edit: atm we've had an active bard shortage which I'm actively working to fix. Even unskilled bards are fine for most raid tasks, though good ones are rare as hell and worth their weight in gold. Same as monks. Clerics are useful at most skill levels. Rogues can be stone cold retarded as long as they turn attack off on enrage and push in the direction they are told to.
Well shit, I'm a bard, a good one, and I don't need to worry about carpal tunnel. Just need to get to 60!

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Made a monk named Davok and a bard named Neuroticfish.

There used to be a way to macro sense heading to a movement key. Does anyone remember how?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I think you bind it to one of your movement keys (which is also still bound to movement) like A or D or something.

Like if you set sense heading to your 4th hotbar thing, then bind the 4th hotbar thing to D.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Figured it out thanks! Having trouble deciding which I like better but enjoying playing again.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's something I can't quite understand. Why are people satisfied with less on this server?

Let's take Specters in Oasis, OOT and Feerrott for example. Oasis ussually has someone levels 44-49 camping them, same in Feerrott and god knows for OOT. Are Specters at 48 really that awesome exp that you'd satisfy with killing one every 6.5minute? Why satify yourself with such a trivial creature when you could be getting double the exp it gives.