Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

There's something I can't quite understand. Why are people satisfied with less on this server?

Let's take Specters in Oasis, OOT and Feerrott for example. Oasis ussually has someone levels 44-49 camping them, same in Feerrott and god knows for OOT. Are Specters at 48 really that awesome exp that you'd satisfy with killing one every 6.5minute? Why satify yourself with such a trivial creature when you could be getting double the exp it gives.
One thing you'll learn is that consistency > everything.

Drop 2 specs every 3.75 minutes with absolutely ZERO PERCENT risk of ever having to abandon camp, die etc.

Beyond that the avg p99 player is over 22-23 years old. Suddenly there are things to be done while playing EQ... feeding yourself, grabbing a beer, saying hi to friends. A camp that allows you intermittent afks is perfect.

Cleric is my main. Can be boring when you're in an easy grind. Can be fun when things go bad. Biggest perk of cleric is rez and everybody wants you.
pretty sure Xad knows how to play a cleric.

We were raiding and clearing plane of sky before kunark was out.

Siliconemelons

I had a cleric I boxed on live in velious/luclin/pop times- it was very useful to be an alt tank etc. as SK and do the cleric on rotations - was fun :p

just pondering what to do next on p99 lol

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Damn pop at 1140 on a random monday evening. Highest I've ever seen it. Anyone know what the all time high pop is on p99?

One thing you'll learn is that consistency > everything.

Drop 2 specs every 3.75 minutes with absolutely ZERO PERCENT risk of ever having to abandon camp, die etc.

Beyond that the avg p99 player is over 22-23 years old. Suddenly there are things to be done while playing EQ... feeding yourself, grabbing a beer, saying hi to friends. A camp that allows you intermittent afks is perfect.
i like that i got negged for this.

you mad you dont have the best equipped player on the entire server on your account?

WHAT YOU WOULD PAY FOR MY ACCOUNT INFO. oh lord, what you'd pay.

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Hey guys, long time lurker of FoH and now here, played EQ way back when on Nameless as a warrior up till Luclin. Looking to start p99, but honestly I've forgotten a lot. I'd like to go with SK this time around, but I'd need some advice, tips and someone that knows their way around classic EQ like a master to keep me up to speed. Anyone that may be available to help me out and get a good start? I'd seriously need a mentor to whip me into shape! I'd be up for going warrior again too, but I feel SK may be more solo friendly?

Hey guys, long time lurker of FoH and now here, played EQ way back when on Nameless as a warrior up till Luclin. Looking to start p99, but honestly I've forgotten a lot. I'd like to go with SK this time around, but I'd need some advice, tips and someone that knows their way around classic EQ like a master to keep me up to speed. Anyone that may be available to help me out and get a good start? I'd seriously need a mentor to whip me into shape! I'd be up for going warrior again too, but I feel SK may be more solo friendly?
SK is perfect for Velious release. you will be the best class-tank of all the 3.

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Who were you on the Nameless? Also, Ogre SK is the way to go!
Gnome warrior named Eddge, never made it up in the big leagues with LoS. I was in a guild called Valorguard, I'd say we were prob 6-7th best at the time? Got to see some cool content but never cutting edge trailblazers.

Sneeto

Golden Squire
not a chance
On Nameless strictly, maybe I had illusions we were better. I can only think of handful of other guilds that were ahead of us. Not saying they didn't exist, a lot would spring up, be good, disband, etc. Liquid Sword, Euphoria, all those were better but not around for a while and would disband/reform under new names.

nate_sl

shitlord
I did 1-15 as an enchanter, completely untwinked this weekend. Melx, a board poster saw my post about starting and gave me 40 pp for spells, but other than that no gear or monetary help. Big thanks to him.

My best advice is this: as soon as you get level 3 or 4, head to EC. If you're not above buff begging, you can almost get free power leveling from the folks at the tunnel. I would generally find the highest level Druid/sham/enchanter and go up to them and ask for buffs. Most folks were extremely helpful. Be courteous, say thanks, and most important make sure they can see you when you ask for buffs. After you get buffed go hunt whatever you can find around EC, should be able to do 1-14 without any issues all in EC. After 14 I was a little tired of buff begging so I moved to Oasis but I could have easily done 14 there as well.

I also saw people in the tunnel giving away basic gear from time to time. Not much caster stuff that I could use, but a melee could have probably picked up a weapon and a set of bronze or banded without much trouble. Thats better starting gear than what most folks this level had at the start of EQ, so you'll be well on your way.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did 1-15 as an enchanter, completely untwinked this weekend. Melx, a board poster saw my post about starting and gave me 40 pp for spells, but other than that no gear or monetary help. Big thanks to him.

My best advice is this: as soon as you get level 3 or 4, head to EC. If you're not above buff begging, you can almost get free power leveling from the folks at the tunnel. I would generally find the highest level Druid/sham/enchanter and go up to them and ask for buffs. Most folks were extremely helpful. Be courteous, say thanks, and most important make sure they can see you when you ask for buffs. After you get buffed go hunt whatever you can find around EC, should be able to do 1-14 without any issues all in EC. After 14 I was a little tired of buff begging so I moved to Oasis but I could have easily done 14 there as well.

I also saw people in the tunnel giving away basic gear from time to time. Not much caster stuff that I could use, but a melee could have probably picked up a weapon and a set of bronze or banded without much trouble. Thats better starting gear than what most folks this level had at the start of EQ, so you'll be well on your way.
You didn't answer when I sent you a tell, so I didn't bother giving you anything
smile.png

nate_sl

shitlord
You didn't answer when I sent you a tell, so I didn't bother giving you anything
smile.png
Hey sometimes I afk and stay online or just miss tells. My point is that even starting fresh, it's not nearly as rough starting out as I remember original EQ being. That being said, if you still want to give me some stuff I'll be on tonight
smile.png

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
On Nameless strictly, maybe I had illusions we were better. I can only think of handful of other guilds that were ahead of us. Not saying they didn't exist, a lot would spring up, be good, disband, etc. Liquid Sword, Euphoria, all those were better but not around for a while and would disband/reform under new names.
I will be starting some sort of healer tonight or tomorrow. I haven't played on this server before so it can be interesting for the both of us!