Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Hey sometimes I afk and stay online or just miss tells. My point is that even starting fresh, it's not nearly as rough starting out as I remember original EQ being. That being said, if you still want to give me some stuff I'll be on tonight
smile.png
Alt+O, click the "use tell windows" button. Never miss a tell again.

Tolin_sl

shitlord
If any of you forum bros are interested in a 54 bard (Perfect level for power leveling! AoE Snare!)

Shoot me a message. Pretty burnt out.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
If any of you forum bros are interested in a 54 bard (Perfect level for power leveling! AoE Snare!)

Shoot me a message. Pretty burnt out.
Yea sure, powerlevel me through 40 (hell level) once I get to it. Should be today sometime.

Jesus wept, don't people know what "camp check" is supposed to do? 3 fucking times in the same day. Someone logs on, see a spectre moving around and just blasts it with evertyhing they go.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I've got a monk, cleric, and bard. Still having trouble deciding between bard and monk though i find myself playing monk most. That being said I have managed to save about 35 plat from selling bone chips and the like and if kind soul is interested in selling me a monk weapon for 30 plat or so let me know!

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I've got a monk, cleric, and bard. Still having trouble deciding between bard and monk though i find myself playing monk most. That being said I have managed to save about 35 plat from selling bone chips and the like and if kind soul is interested in selling me a monk weapon for 30 plat or so let me know!
High level monks are much more common. A good bard at high levels is rare. If you like Bard and are good at it I'd suggest Bard.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
grouping > kiting imo

you can AOE kite your way to your high 40s / low 50s, but you'll be a lot better at grouping / dungeon crawling in your 50s if you level up with others rather than solo.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but I'm low level and not going anywhere quickly :p so not a ton of options yet. I always prefer grouping and generally hate to solo.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
grouping > kiting imo

you can AOE kite your way to your high 40s / low 50s, but you'll be a lot better at grouping / dungeon crawling in your 50s if you level up with others rather than solo.
I play 60 bards and I'm terrible at being a group bard. It's by far the hardest type of barding and I don't recommend it :p Can kite fear all day, do a little PL, play resist songs with the best of em. Learning to group bard is overrated
tongue.png

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
You should see how well the bards in Overthere are loved. So much that when one asks for a port or a rez, most people tell them to either suck it or walk. Yeah, serves them right for pulling half the zone and then take 2 hours to actually kill the pull. Personally, most of them can't count so they don't actually notice rooting a mob away from them and blurring it.

I call it a mob pinjata when a kiting bard dies in Overthere :p

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
You should see how well the bards in Overthere are loved. So much that when one asks for a port or a rez, most people tell them to either suck it or walk. Yeah, serves them right for pulling half the zone and then take 2 hours to actually kill the pull.

I call it a mob pinjata when a kiting bard dies in Overthere :p
The bards I've leveled were organically grown in sol a / chardok. No OT groups were harmed in the production of these characters.

Rita Poon_sl

shitlord
are bards really that rare at high level? I was under the impression that there was an over abundance of ENC/BRD at max so decided against continuing to level mine. I played a bard on live and considered myself a damn good grouping one, would definitely reconsider leveling mine if I was misled and their actually needed.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
are bards really that rare at high level? I was under the impression that there was an over abundance of ENC/BRD at max so decided against continuing to level mine. I played a bard on live and considered myself a damn good grouping one, would definitely reconsider leveling mine if I was misled and their actually needed.
There are a lot of level 60 enchanters. Most bards seem to quit in the 40s and become EC mules. I really don't see that many high level bards, much less ones that are good at it. But others' experiences may vary.