Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you level Bards to be resist/kite bards, or group bards? :p

And when do i get to hang with you guys in Chardok again!? =D
I've helped level a few (and am continuing to do so) for resists / dispels in vp primarily, but, with the new rules of not allowing FTE'rs to tag, bards become the alpha pullers in most scenarios. IB/TMO have essentially banned selos in VP because we simply don't want to deal with it. And monks are jealous of bards in any regards to pulling--they've got PTSD from luclin / PoP era :p. If Taken's Sev kill stands, we're essentially just going to start cothing pullers to every single mob, which is just FTE + 10seconds (but it does eliminate autofire as a possibility). I imagine with how competitive such pulls will be people will use looping macros in a similar manner to how they autofired for casting / duck casting so they can have a partially pre casted COTH on mob spawn instead of waiting the full 10 seconds. It's going to be an interesting week.

edit: Admittedly this does put us in an interesting situation where we're going to need a few more 55 mages for trackers in many situations. We'll see how it goes.

Siliconemelons

So what? That sounds stupid rule lawyerry... I thought the free loot to the B guilds was to make everyone sush up press their loot button and be happy?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what? That sounds stupid rule lawyerry... I thought the free loot to the B guilds was to make everyone sush up press their loot button and be happy?
It is. The rules need to start being permissive-only if they want competition rather than constant rule lawyering. About a year ago Rogean n bros said there would never be a rotation on this server. Nilbog was adamant about it. But here we are. They need to simply tell us where they want us to stand and what they want us to do to determine who gets the raid target, because as it stands they're only making it worse on themselves.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
are bards really that rare at high level? I was under the impression that there was an over abundance of ENC/BRD at max so decided against continuing to level mine. I played a bard on live and considered myself a damn good grouping one, would definitely reconsider leveling mine if I was misled and their actually needed.
there are really no "needed" classes at this point on P99. play whatever you want to play.

It is. The rules need to start being permissive-only if they want competition rather than constant rule lawyering. About a year ago Rogean n bros said there would never be a rotation on this server. Nilbog was adamant about it. But here we are. They need to simply tell us where they want us to stand and what they want us to do to determine who gets the raid target, because as it stands they're only making it worse on themselves.
"To fight the Empire is to be infected by its derangement. This is a paradox; whoever defeats a segment of the Empire becomes the Empire; it proliferates like a virus, imposing its form on its enemies. Thereby it becomes its enemies."

-VALIS, Philip K Dick

Peacecraft_sl

shitlord
Finally set this up and rolled a Magician since it's one of the few classes I never played back in the day. Got to level 9 and I'm around the Freeport area. What's the best way to get some quick cash at this level? It's been too damn long since I was a newbie in EQ. Name is Mephuk, Human Magician

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think heading to Crushbone to solo easy blue centurions for belts, then selling these in bulk, should make serious pp

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Finally set this up and rolled a Magician since it's one of the few classes I never played back in the day. Got to level 9 and I'm around the Freeport area. What's the best way to get some quick cash at this level? It's been too damn long since I was a newbie in EQ. Name is Mephuk, Human Magician
High Quality Bear Pelts sell for 35p. Bone Chip stacks for 5-10p. Deathfist Belts probably sell for a couple pp each.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Back to dicking around on this a bit. If anyone needs a 26 paladin hit me up. Name is Thorignar.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
High Quality Bear Pelts sell for 35p. Bone Chip stacks for 5-10p. Deathfist Belts probably sell for a couple pp each.
DA idols sell for 350-400p. Instantly
tongue.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sound hard to get.
They're actually pretty common, in the span of a few hours in High Pass killing orcs with 2 dudes we had 4 drop, and 2 backpacks. Thankfully some Inglorious Bastards dude ran by saying he wanted to buy one-as we had one rotting on the ground at the time

I've been super busy all weekend moving 1000km away lol, can finally get some play time in now

Siliconemelons

The hardest thing on P99 is getting Nil or Rog to state, in writing a rule... Having been through many glorious years of some of the best rule law wars known to the Internet it is just LULZ how much things change, to stay the same.

The only way to do anything is literally FRAPS everything, take a lump on a bad ruleing, have the ruleing in writing, then if ever you do said ruling and it is ruled against you, you have to put it in the public guild forums, or RnF it. With absolute proof og the zimzam flimflam is the only way to force public rule statements.

It's so dumb.

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Lvl 13 SK now, soloing is slowing down, any specific guilds I should be on the look out to join? We have one from rerolled?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
rerolled guys are mostly pretty scattered around. Knights Who Say Ni is a pretty good levelling guild, but you might want to switch guilds once you get to level 46+.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
The hardest thing on P99 is getting Nil or Rog to state, in writing a rule... Having been through many glorious years of some of the best rule law wars known to the Internet it is just LULZ how much things change, to stay the same.

The only way to do anything is literally FRAPS everything, take a lump on a bad ruleing, have the ruleing in writing, then if ever you do said ruling and it is ruled against you, you have to put it in the public guild forums, or RnF it. With absolute proof og the zimzam flimflam is the only way to force public rule statements.

It's so dumb.
It's all about loose precedent. TMO just got suspended over some BS. Having reviewed the play, I have a feeling it'll be overturned.