Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
AFAIK, Rais is Bisch the ex-VD monk turned guide. So we can't be too shocked that a P99 guide is squashing RMT (Because they aren't on the take!)

Siliconemelons

An interesting thought... P99 is quite possibly the single most successful emu server, in terms of subs, life time range etc. Do you think it would be so if there was no "drama end game" ? If there where just a few end guilds that all smiled and shook each others hands and there was never drama, no under the table anythings...no back page hack communities, no RMT rings or corruption and questionable tactics etc.?

In all regards P99 is the most "real" chance anyone that did not get to exp EQ back in 99-01 get to get an actual taste of the community that made it what it was...the bad...the bad and the goodish lol.

The mechanics are not 100% pure, but eh...really they get the feel- the rest is the community.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
AFAIK, Rais is Bisch the ex-VD monk turned guide. So we can't be too shocked that a P99 guide is squashing RMT (Because they aren't on the take!)
I'm not shocked at all. Some people are fucking dirt bag pussy narcs. I know this.

What I am concerned by is any instance of people's participation in this community being used by a third party outsider to negatively impact them in another area of their life.

Anyone who pulls that shit would taste my banhammer, even if it's just over some elf pixel emulator.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
How can I be a narc when I was doing what I was suppose to do? Lumi was the only person worthwhile really and it seems he is still very hurt over it. Szeth is correct on all fronts tho. Although I have been part of the community since I was at one time in the guild/fohguild. So it isn't like I just trolled the internet to see what was being posted here.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
How can I be a narc when I was doing what I was suppose to do? Lumi was the only person worthwhile really and it seems he is still very hurt over it. Szeth is correct on all fronts tho. Although I have been part of the community since I was at one time in the guild/fohguild. So it isn't like I just trolled the internet to see what was being posted here.
Uhhhhh a narc, by definition, is someone 'just doing their job'.

So let me get this straight. Not only do you use discussions on this board to entrap users in a totally unrelated community. You claim to be a long standing member of this social group? You read conversations not meant for you to turn us the fuck in? I hope you get paid well for this 'job' you do, because it'd take quite a bit for me to abandon any dignity I had to do what you are doing. If you aren't getting paid... Then I have no clue wtf you are doing. That's like being a volunteer parking cop.

gtfo, narc.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
to be fair, its not a totally unrelated community.

but also to be fair i think that a bit of RMT isn't necessarily a big deal. buying/selling accounts is a bad idea IMO but i really don't see the big deal with buying some starter plat/items when you first roll on a server.

but the rules being what they are i am too attached to my characters at this point to risk losing them.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The less RMT and toxic losers like the poster above me playing on p99 the better.
RMT in no way affects anybody. If you think otherwise it's because you have down syndrome. Who gives a fuck what people do with their own time and money. Bunch of fucking Nazi scum bags.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And to be fair, it was around Kunark / Velious when SoE had a deal with eBay to remove listings. Of course sales just moved to other websites.