Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes. Well the very FIRST incarnation Thrones actually fucking dropped. Not very many people actually remember this version or were there. I was lucky enough to have a necro pal from the #1 guild (best fucking dude ever, Squrt from Paradigm on solro) show me (obvy after he farmed all his flowers and robe). The next version was fucking BRUTAL with throne droprates. I was bound in POM for MONTHS and regularly kept the every soloable throne dropping mob on lockdown and youd go without seeing ANY thrones.

Also velious mobs didnt have high regen in combat, just outside of combat
He's not saying they were supposed to have high regens. P99 mobs in kunark have hilariously unclassic regen rates. They did it that way to keep it interesting and prevent Donals chains from trivializing too many fights .

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember duo farming every resist flower except fire with mag/wiz. Thrones were indeed a pain in the ass.

Siliconemelons

re:regen My memory is all mushed together all the EQ together but I certainly remember many late night low person, dwindling number raids where our DPS was not even sufficient to keep the mob from gaining hp-- like if our casters OOM or we got some rouges killed etc... must have been luclin... :p

and yeah p99 mobs are alittle whack on their regen lol

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Actually most (not all) Luclin bosses have even lower combat regen than Velious ones-- almost non-existent regen. At least on Live right now. It was so low I couldn't accurately measure it because the health bar wouldn't update even after a couple of hours.

Siliconemelons

Actually most (not all) Luclin bosses have even lower combat regen than Velious ones-- almost non-existent regen. At least on Live right now. It was so low I couldn't accurately measure it because the health bar wouldn't update even after a couple of hours.
Ehh dunno what to say... I am sure there are others that remember raids where you lost a few DPS... tank and cleric rot was solid and the fight kept on but the mob HP started going the wrong way :p oh well.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yea white throne. Rarest item in the game.
Took me forever to farm one. Then I sold the character and the dude who bought it apparently deleted all my flowers. When I checked out the character years later (with his permission, I'm not that much of an asshole), they were gone. WTF.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm on board with people saying wtf is the big deal about PoM.

It was a zone with extremely rare drops (almost pointlessly rare in some cases), MR immune mobs that fleed and like others have said is easily locked down by a single group.

255 resists aren't rocket science to get with the infinite Velious timeline we have. I will probably just get poison/disease flowers like on live and save myself the headache/people screaming about camps and getting up at 5am before work to kill shit.

Siliconemelons

the armor is cool...insane stats for some of it for velious- but as a SK I don't think there is much... the tears / HOT items and all droppables will gear out any hybrid into insanity, toss in an avatar proccer and its like "okay what now?"

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
HoT quests have absolutely insane RNG involved though. So I can see p99 players socking Doze for years to come.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Logged on for first time in a while (due to not being able to log into archeage) and some prick took all my shamans gear. Ughhhhh. They left me a bloodstained tunic, 3 plat and a bunch of beer

Herv_sl

shitlord
I'm on board with people saying wtf is the big deal about PoM.

It was a zone with extremely rare drops (almost pointlessly rare in some cases), MR immune mobs that fleed and like others have said is easily locked down by a single group.

255 resists aren't rocket science to get with the infinite Velious timeline we have. I will probably just get poison/disease flowers like on live and save myself the headache/people screaming about camps and getting up at 5am before work to kill shit.
Also, an unfinished zone. It was one of the best places to xp before PoP.

FD folks up in PoM... make sure to 'test' out a good faction war between the puppets and audience. Great xp, and who wouldn't want to watch short people fight to the death?

Siliconemelons

joined a random lcy group today in KC.. they where like "wtf 60sk?" they shouted looking for DPS so I showed up haha... was a great hour and a half, just random folks - good chat and decent group :) got 2% exp!