Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
As one of the few Wizards with IC in classic, I took whatever I wanted from any dungeon. It was all about damage dealt, Guides/GMs started to care later on closer to Kunark release when "play nice" rules were implemented, but I was able to circumvent that by telling the group that I was willing to share with them and we'd alternate: one kill for me, one kill for their group, one kill for me.... People lost their damn minds (obviously) and would just try to contest it. Loot was awarded to the highest damage dealt by a PLAYER, not a group... so KS'ing a wizard with IC required a cleverly timed mem blur and smart Enchanters weren't very common in classic.
Sounds like you'd fit right in with the neckbeards.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Sadly, I was involved enough with p99 to know this isn't true. TMO held the locket and circlet camps for about a week straight. I remember getting the first locket after about 12 hours of camping and after the first two days we had a few lockets and a bunch of circles. I actually remember you trying to crash the camp after things had kind of died down and the locket wasn't dropping anymore but the pre-nerf circlet still was.
No it was like 1-2 days tops into kunark. I camped there the night before and woke up at 5am. I was level 51shm and there was a lvl 40ish cleric(an alt) running around with a lvl 53 afk mage. They are below the actual rotgus camp in the wide open section and I watched them get into trouble a few times. Eventually the mage died, cleric was running around trying to root and rez and camp. I am invis this whole time to not interfere with anything. Dude camps out his cleric. He logs on his wizard main who I watched him alternate back and forth a few times since Ive been there, gets a few backspawns, and he gates. I do a /who and I am only person in zone. Go to the actual 3 spawn rotgus camp(on classic there was a roamer, on p1999 at this point, there wasnt) which was still nice and broken, pet up and even get a few cycles going before they get rezzed up. For the remainder of the afternoon the cleric stays logged in and at the bottom of the camp with a different melee person. Being the gentleman I am I inform them they can stay down there and do wtfever they want, wait in line, whatever, but it is my camp and they cannot kill goblin bodyguards or rotgus. I held the camp all day until about 5-6pm and thats when TMO came rolling in and I couldnt not effectively KS the named mobs I wanted. Petitioned and Hobby came in and said that TMO had "established the camp" first despite that they "temporarily wiped". He gated me out. I sent him a tell and called him a faggot. Then I was banned. Or suspended for 10days idk I didnt log on after that. I screenshotted everything and posted it on p1999 boards and it was a p big thread. Then some soldier anonymously gave me one of TMOs member log ins and I screenshotted a bunch of the stupid shit in there and posted it on p1999 which was a v funny thread. Thats all I remember tho

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
As one of the few Wizards with IC in classic, I took whatever I wanted from any dungeon. It was all about damage dealt, Guides/GMs started to care later on closer to Kunark release when "play nice" rules were implemented, but I was able to circumvent that by telling the group that I was willing to share with them and we'd alternate: one kill for me, one kill for their group, one kill for me.... People lost their damn minds (obviously) and would just try to contest it. Loot was awarded to the highest damage dealt by a PLAYER, not a group... so KS'ing a wizard with IC required a cleverly timed mem blur and smart Enchanters weren't very common in classic.
Aggregate damage put an end to KS'ing was a sad day for asshole wizards every where, naturally I was upset.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like you'd fit right in with the neckbeards.
Shrug -- I didn't really see the point in squabbling with strangers over loot. The same logic that gave groups the "authority" to maintain a list and "own a camp" also extends to anyone who wants to just take the fucking camp. That being said, I probably wouldn't do that stuff these days. I've grown into a more mellow gamer in the last fifteen years. Causing a shit ton of salty tears for my pixels just isn't my MO anymore.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haven't played for a while, wouldn't mind getting back into it for a bit. Played up to kunark release and only for a few weeks after that. Was in DA, but who knows what happened there. Still plenty of drama I guess?

Siliconemelons

DA is now TMO in merge order, however the "core" or old timers are split from the froovy gate in TMO and IB currently.

I remain Dark Ascension
smile.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just started up a chanter here on P99. Is there a guild I can join with some forum pals? Just want some chit chat and entertainment.

Doubt I will be looking to raid anytime soon.

Oh yea, I am also looking to sell a Gauntelts of Fiery Might for ~25k or taking interesting Enchanter gear trades.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Azeth or really anyone else that doesn't play much anymore. Got a fungal staff prenerf lying around anywhere? Would really like one.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering those are going for asking prices of millions of plat, (Fungi Tunic and CoF <90k for comparisons sake) I highly doubt anyone would give one away!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
3.3mil is a tad high -- Jeremy just offered up his pre-nerf Fungus Staff in the EC Tunnel forum for a buyout price of 3mil even

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've heard a few different numbers about how many pre-nerf Fungus Staffs are on P99. and the number may have changed some because of an item dupe exploit. but it seems like there are less than 10 pre-nerf staves on P99. i've heard there are as few as 3. i have never heard an official number from a staff member, though.

i personally saw 6 pre nerf fungi staffs drop. Guaranteed starting point of 6, then obviously +/- with more drops/toon bans etc