Project AM2R (Metroid 2 Remake)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Saw this today, probably not much care for it here but I thought i'd give it a mention.

Project AM2R released their Metroid 2 remake for Windows today. It's a seperate program, not a .rom through an emu. Looks like he took the Metroid Fusion platform and reskinned it for the old Gameboy copy of Metroid 2. Music is fantastic, gameplay is just like Fusion so it's fun to pass the time. And I remember playing this fondly back in the day so it's a nostalgia kick. Worth checking out.

It's the 30th anniversary of Metroid as well, so it was perfectly timed.

Project AM2R

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I never got to play the old Gameboy Metroid , so I will have to check this out as I love the old style Metroid games. The one thing that would get me to consider buying a Nintendo console would be a proper Metroid game along the lines of Super Metroid.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For a completely free remake, it's honestly well done. The music alone is fantastic to listen to.

That and I'm playing on old childhood fears, forgot how bad a Metroid jumping out can startle me in such an old game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played for a bit last night and it seems to be well done. I had a couple of controller issues but pretty sure they're on my end and not the game.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya even the original GB Version wasn't that long, but an actual remake that got Nintendos Attention means something hahaha

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have the zip at home if anyone needs it and we can find 'methods,' I probably would not just gmail it.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Once I get home I can either send or host the rar for you guys.

They're also a couple torrents up on the am2r Reddit, last I checked if you're wanting it now. Could try there.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Christ, be prepared when you get to Queen is all I can say, that fight had 3 more phases than I remembered. Could be new.

Had over 200 missiles and near 20 super missiles and used up almost every single one to take her down.