Project Dogmat - like World of Darkness but not quite

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
Project Dogmat | New Gothic-Punk MMORPG

Apparently this Russian studio "Prelude Games Factory" is doing something like the canceled World of Darkness, at the moment they are lining up a Kickstarter campaign. Not sure what to expect here, but here is what the devs say:

"Is a game project being made by a team of enthusiasts, who want to create a new MMORPG with the atmosphere of modern gothic punk and horror. This new game will allow players to try on an image of vampires and other mythical creatures who live among the mortals. The development team was formed by roleplayers and gaming community members for the purpose of exercising their common dream."

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm still so salty over CCP rat fucking White Wolf for an IP they binned a few years later.

Maric

N00b
Man Malwarebytes lights up like an Xmas tree when I goto that site. This looks interesting though. I would put my money on Revival first though.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
I'm still so salty over CCP rat fucking White Wolf for an IP they binned a few years later.
You're not alone. They kinda fired the whole White Wolf branch back in 2011. IMHO WoD MMORPG was always vaporware at best to keep the IP alive. Publishing of WoD products has been licensed to Onyx Path Publishing, which are ex-employees of White Wolf. CCP just can't do anything that's not EVE, WoD now is an IP that's even more mismanaged than it was before.

As for Project Dogmat, it's probably too Russian for my tastes...

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Is it just me or is this the most unfortunate name of a video game ever?

I loved the original White Wolf world before they fucked it up but I am betting this is more cyb0rz twinkle vampire bullshit.