Project Eternity - Spiritual Successor to Planescape/Icewind Dale/Baldurs Gate games

kudos

<Banned>
copy pasta
Thanks to Kickstarter and its crowd funding campaign, Obsidian Entertainment is developing an upcoming fantasy role-playing video game that will feature a party-based real-time-with-pause tactical gameplay, fixed isometric user interface for the game-world with two-dimensional hand-drawn backdrops, in a similar vein as its spiritual ancestors Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale series and Baldur?s Gate series.

Now, we can see some leaked work-in-progress screenshots. It should be noted that none of the screenshots show finished areas, according to NeoGaf.
Spoiler for size
rrr_img_33326.jpg
rrr_img_33327.jpg
rrr_img_33328.jpg
rrr_img_33329.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Feel like I've seen those screenshots somewhere already, maybe on the old forums? Quick search only yielded another kickstarter campaign on another planescape torment spiritual successor.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
One or two of them are old, the others are brand new.
The guy standing around and the empty room I haven't seen before lol. That carved archway has been going around for months though and shows up in all of their videos. They have a nice style at any rate.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Yeah there was a big Project Eternity thread back on either FoH or Morenetz. These Kickstarter games need to be released, I'm getting antsy.

Northerner

N00b
I'm pretty much done with kickstarter games to be honest. Call me when you've got something released and if it doesn't suck then I'll buy it.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty much done with kickstarter games to be honest. Call me when you've got something released and if it doesn't suck then I'll buy it.
Leisure Suit Larry is out.

P.S. I've enjoyed the 2PP kickstarter videos and probably spent more time watching them make their adventure game more than I'll actually play the game Broken Age.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Now known as "Pillars of Eternity".

Game is looking good; this might actually be what gets me to stop playing crappy MMO's.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Animation definitely looked pretty bad, but why would you care about the animations in a story based rpg. Looked decent enough, the backgrounds looked fucking awesome.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Looks better than most of the other shit I've seen on KS. Still waiting for my Bacon Jerky. I would of sent them some cash if I had noticed it in time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The run animation in BG is awful. They just take the walk animation and speed it up.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The run animations looking like that is part of the charm isn't it? I thought it looked pretty great.

Have any successful games come out of Kickstarter?
I funded the following:

- Shadowrun Returns: already released a decent, albeit short game, and a new campaign is coming
- Grim Dawn: early access is on Steam now
- Wasteland 2: looking pretty damn good in vids
- Torment: still in early development

Those 4 games have little to no chance of completely failing. All certainly worth the 15$ to 20$ bucks I threw in.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Leisure suit Larry 1 remake launched, it was pretty good, faithful to the original, but still very modern...

Double fine's adventure has like zero chance of failing. They were already a successful design studio prior though.