Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
View attachment 494461
Anyone play EQ on a Mac? If so if this the best way?

I’ve gotten rid of my windows laptop and only have my MacBook Pro right now but I’m itching to play EQ after reading this thread

One of my box pc's that I used until 2021 was an iMac that I bought in 2011. It surprisingly ran EQ better than normal windows computers for some reason. Had absolutely 0 lag.
I used parallels that I also purchased in 2011. To my knowledge I never updated it. For windows I used a copy of windows 7. I didn't have to do anything special to get EQ working. It's possible I had to download directx but I don't recall. As far as I remember, I simply loaded in to parallels with windows 7, downloaded EQ, installed it and was good to go. I did have to keep it in windowed mode for it to run without issues.
I don't know if the change to 64bit changes anything as I moved prior to that change and that iMac is still at my house back in the states.

Fun fact for TLP'ers: Using virtual machines is obviously against the rules and a lot of bans/suspensions get handed out for it. Parallels is a virtual machine and is labeled as a virtual machine in all of the registry files the same way a VM is on a normal windows PC, and comes up as a virtual machine when the scan happens when you hit play at server select. However, you don't get suspended because parallels VM's are tagged as parallels, and DBG allows you to play using VM's if using one of the Mac VM softwares. If you want to run a VM on a normal windows PC, just go through and add the parallels tag to every registry file that has the words virtual machine in it the same way that parallels does, and DBG will think you are using a mac and wont suspend you.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Seems like for every hour I spend leveling I'm going to need to spend 5 casting spells to skill up.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Man I didn’t realize I had poison and looked away and died while medding. That xp loss even at 11 is brutal lol. Then the spawn rate changed and it’s going to be a slow go.

I’m 11 in common lands, group when I can but seems like they are pretty static, so been soloing. Got some leather armor now. Like a boss.

Any spots at 11 I should be hitting off the path in that area for consistent solo blues while lfg?

I’m really have a fun ass time with this even as boomer dad slow xp

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Almost level 12 and got two of the best drops from blackburrow, tried bandit camp but XP is way slower then even killing greens for fangs.

WK bandits are are only good if you can solo them. Too few spawns and sash drops are too infrequent to support a group.

If you can solo any of the bandit camps though hoooooly shit you should 100% farm nothing but them for as long as they give xp. The sash quest remains ~2% xp per turnin all the way through level 16 and averages 5-6 plat per turnin. I left Qeynos on my necro with 500something plat in the bank after grinding bandits a few levels.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Man I didn’t realize I had poison and looked away and died while medding. That xp loss even at 11 is brutal lol. Then the spawn rate changed and it’s going to be a slow go.

I’m 11 in common lands, group when I can but seems like they are pretty static, so been soloing. Got some leather armor now. Like a boss.

Any spots at 11 I should be hitting off the path in that area for consistent solo blues while lfg?

I’m really have a fun ass time with this even as boomer dad slow xp
How many people are in Befallen? Mad XP bonus there

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
WK bandits are are only good if you can solo them. Too few spawns and sash drops are too infrequent to support a group.

If you can solo any of the bandit camps though hoooooly shit you should 100% farm nothing but them for as long as they give xp. The sash quest remains ~2% xp per turnin all the way through level 16 and averages 5-6 plat per turnin. I left Qeynos on my necro with 500something plat in the bank after grinding bandits a few levels.
That brigand throws soloing out at level 12, but will check it out.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That brigand throws soloing out at level 12, but will check it out.

There's smaller camps that don't spawn the brigand. Down the hill to the south-west-ish of the big mountain camp with the tents is a tree that spawns 2-3 regular bandits at a time, over further east on the next mountain is a 4-5 spawn of regular bandits as well just kinda on the rocks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mirena

Trakanon Raider
Never got into this when it was the thing to do, but interested in seeing where things started. Any recommendations for someone essentially starting for the first time, or guilds for someone to 'learn to play?'

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never got into this when it was the thing to do, but interested in seeing where things started. Any recommendations for someone essentially starting for the first time, or guilds for someone to 'learn to play?'
How did you find this place

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
My name is the same in game. Contact me if I’m on and I’ll give you what low knowledge I have lol.

That said.

Go mage

mirena

Trakanon Raider
Much of the Project 1999 newbie guide should apply to Project Quarm

I've looked at the P99 stuff on and off. Was just wondering if there was more info somewhere about this time period of EQ.
How did you find this place
This place as in the FoH forums, or this thread in particular? Former I've been here since end of TBC/beginning of Wrath, latter I found this thread in particular while searching to see if PQ had a website or just a discord. Yes I know, "google it." Just figured that since this era of EQ was prime FoH, there might be knowledge here that google no longer shows in it's search results.
My name is the same in game. Contact me if I’m on and I’ll give you what low knowledge I have lol.

That said.

Go mage
I've already got a mage made, just haven't wanted to join the crowd of them that have dominated leveling so far. My primary interest is cleric, though I know it's vastly different than a priest was in early WoW, and I'm looking to at least try out other classes to find if I like them better.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've looked at the P99 stuff on and off. Was just wondering if there was more info somewhere about this time period of EQ.

This place as in the FoH forums, or this thread in particular? Former I've been here since end of TBC/beginning of Wrath, latter I found this thread in particular while searching to see if PQ had a website or just a discord. Yes I know, "google it." Just figured that since this era of EQ was prime FoH, there might be knowledge here that google no longer shows in it's search results.

I've already got a mage made, just haven't wanted to join the crowd of them that have dominated leveling so far. My primary interest is cleric, though I know it's vastly different than a priest was in early WoW, and I'm looking to at least try out other classes to find if I like them better.
Wasn't hating, just figure most people around here are from EQ.

This "era" of EQ will end up different but remember that P99 is basically the first 3 expansions and this server will be there for... the next year or two? So all that stuff is 99% relevant.

If you've never played EQ before I actually would suggest just making a toon that you think sounds cool lore-wise and playing it like a true RPG just exploring and shit.

mirena

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't hating, just figure most people around here are from EQ.

This "era" of EQ will end up different but remember that P99 is basically the first 3 expansions and this server will be there for... the next year or two? So all that stuff is 99% relevant.

If you've never played EQ before I actually would suggest just making a toon that you think sounds cool lore-wise and playing it like a true RPG just exploring and shit.
You're good. That probably came off different than I intended. Almost all of my posts here were pre-2013, so it looks like I'm new.

I spent a good part of my WoW career listening to Furor, Sean, Vitae and others talking about EQ, so I've long been interested in 'seeing the sights' as it were. Being able to be there close to the launch of PQ seems like the best way to go about it, client be damned. I've screwed around in the past on 'solo' servers like Irreverent and Imperium, but I know they're rather custom and being tuned for solo play will lack a lot of what made EQ big, so that's why I'm here instead. I have a very basic understanding of most classes but have never experienced the group mechanics, so I don't have knowledge of things like what spells are best for a cleric to mem for a group or what order mobs should be killed in as a DPS.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
There's smaller camps that don't spawn the brigand. Down the hill to the south-west-ish of the big mountain camp with the tents is a tree that spawns 2-3 regular bandits at a time, over further east on the next mountain is a 4-5 spawn of regular bandits as well just kinda on the rocks
Those 3 wasted me, one was a caster, snare, root, fucked.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Those 3 wasted me, one was a caster, snare, root, fucked.

Yea I mean, I'm a necromancer heh so those smaller camps were real easy for me. Aren't you a cleric? Time to just be LFG in unrest for hours on end

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yea I mean, I'm a necromancer heh so those smaller camps were real easy for me. Aren't you a cleric? Time to just be LFG in unrest for hours on end

Don't worry buddy, the Bard Lobby on Quarm is coming for you. The days of Necros soloing group content are coming to an end.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user