Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I've been bouncing between this and :emoji_turtle: warcraft, and only this makes me want to have a :emoji_beer:

Is it just me?
No, it's not just you. EQ is a significantly harder game because most folks don't know the mechanics and WoW's biggest boon over that is that you can generally avoid bad players if you want to.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've been bouncing between this and :emoji_turtle: warcraft, and only this makes me want to have a :emoji_beer:

Is it just me?
I don't like drinking and EQing.

Now, cannabis on the other hand.

Really opiates and EQ is the best combination but I haven't had a prescription in years.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't like drinking and EQing.

Now, cannabis on the other hand.

Really opiates and EQ is the best combination but I haven't had a prescription in years.
I had a small dose of shrooms a few weeks ago and my goal that night in EQ was to run a noob gnome all the way to Qeynos. I made it on to the BB boat.

And that was it. lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I had a small dose of shrooms a few weeks ago and my goal that night in EQ was to run a noob gnome all the way to Qeynos. I made it on to the BB boat.

And that was it. lol
One time I tried playing on Ketamine and got lost in East Commonlands 😹

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

And that was it. lol
“And suddenly I came to and I was trying to kite a bunch of shit around the pond in Mistmoore, and everyone was yelling at me!”

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No lie, probably the most fun I ever had in a game was back in late 2007 or so when I was playing EQ on particularly strong opiates for about a month while recovering from an operation. It was right before/during when SoF dropped, I hadn't played in like a year and a half, and I had made a big list of everything important to do from the last 3 expansions before SoF dropped. So for weeks I was running TBS/TSS/PoR content while completely mellowed out and focused. TBS missions were where I had the most fun in that scenario. SoF came out on the tail end of this time period and I relentlessly powered through SoF progression very quickly, mapping out Crystallos and so forth for a raid guild. So I still get these fuzzy feelings for TBS and SoF (and some of TSS/PoR) even though none of those feelings repeat at all on TLP. Hills of Shade was probably my favorite zone at the time because of its Castlevania-ness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
For me the opiate thing has a lot to do with my chronic pain and shitty posture. EQ requires a weird sort of tense posture for me... Most of the time in game is spent waiting for timers and triggers etc., and often you need to respond ASAP after a period of waiting. Hard to keep a relaxed posture and still be on top of things. Didn't affect me as much when I was young, but now I've got such bad chronic back and neck pain that I can only play for 45-60 minutes at a time before needing to get up and stretch out and etc. With opiates tho, can just sit there and zone in for hours at a time.

Not sure I'll ever use opiates again in my life tho. During my cancer I was on the maximum dose of oxycodone along with a good size dose of methadone (not for addiction, they started using methadone for intractable chronic pain for cancer patients about a decade ago), once I was done with chemo it took more than a year to taper down and get off the junk.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Turtle pvp has people on both sides howling about grief

I don't hear about too many berg ups on this one anymore

One guy here and there caught macro'ing or the usual camp dispute

Sounds like the plan is working

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Right? If they're not dead or in jail, they must be playing here.
They've been behaved surprisingly.
I've had one incident and I gave them an ultimatum about cleaning up their behavior. I told them exactly what they did wrong, and how to avoid doing it again. They did after.

I wasn't expecting the Ryan & Sean redemption arc, but here we are. I think EQ legitimately keeps them out of actual, real-world trouble and gives them a place they can let loose without harming others. That being said, we enforce the rules as written and one of them got to the final ban warning. Even then, they don't seem like the kind that trains, just wants to be able to talk. So at most, they may get a perma mute on next offense (and ban if they evade) and I think that will cause them to stop playing, and they seem to mutually know that too.

I'm glad to see Quarm actually reforming folks - not just them. It's been heartwarming to watch.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
They've been behaved surprisingly.
I've had one incident and I gave them an ultimatum about cleaning up their behavior. I told them exactly what they did wrong, and how to avoid doing it again. They did after.

I wasn't expecting the Ryan & Sean redemption arc, but here we are. I think EQ legitimately keeps them out of actual, real-world trouble and gives them a place they can let loose without harming others. That being said, we enforce the rules as written and one of them got to the final ban warning. Even then, they don't seem like the kind that trains, just wants to be able to talk. So at most, they may get a perma mute on next offense (and ban if they evade) and I think that will cause them to stop playing, and they seem to mutually know that too.

I'm glad to see Quarm actually reforming folks - not just them. It's been heartwarming to watch.
You know they've literally scammed felony amounts of $$ off of people over many years right? There's close to a 0% chance those dudes are reformed.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You know they've literally scammed felony amounts of $$ off of people over many years right? There's close to a 0% chance those dudes are reformed.
I literally spoke too soon. Every time I've mentioned them, we get a flood of tickets pointing out their (very egregiously terrible) chat.

They're permamuted as of today.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I knew they were on Quarm!

Too bad they run too hot for Twitch. Quarm streams would be hilarious.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
We were talking Magician epic the other day in one of these threads.

What do people think the easiest and hardest epic 1.0 quests are? (In era, obviously)

For easy I'm going Rogue by a country mile. Enchanter would be down on the same level except I had serious issues finding Wraith of the Shissar up last time I did it.

As for hardest...Magician? Necro? I gotta go with one of those.

What about 1.5 and 2.0 quests? What's the easiest/hardest class in those? Haven't done enough of them to make a good judgment. Unlike the 1.0s, they seem to be much more balanced-out and thus all kind of close together in difficulty. From what I've seen.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

What do people think the easiest and hardest epic 1.0 quests are? (In era, obviously)

For easy I'm going Rogue by a country mile. Enchanter would be down on the same level except I had serious issues finding Wraith of the Shissar up last time I did it.

What about 1.5 and 2.0 quests? What's the easiest/hardest class in those? Haven't done enough of them to make a good judgment. Unlike the 1.0s, they seem to be much more balanced-out and thus all kind of close together in difficulty. From what I've seen.
On a server where you cant cheat at all? Thats a good question. Without warp hacks, or eyes, some pieces become obnoxious as fuck to get for certain steps.

Juvarisx

Florida

I think without Tlp advancements you are going to see how stupid enchanter epic is to get. Unless Vessel and Verina have an adjusted spawn or wraith it’s going to be a pain in the ass and probably the hardest one in era no changes. Mage would def come in after that without picks and dz for needing Quillmane and Tarbul and shit.

After that Shadowknight (Marl) and Wizard (Broken Golem). But again it depends if Secrets adjust timers or drops. If there are then Bard maybe just having to deal with all of the Scales or Necro for having to do a lot of Sky without dz’s

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I think without Tlp advancements you are going to see how stupid enchanter epic is to get. Unless Vessel and Verina have an adjusted spawn or wraith it’s going to be a pain in the ass and probably the hardest one in era no changes. Mage would def come in after that without picks and dz for needing Quillmane and Tarbul and shit.

After that Shadowknight (Marl) and Wizard (Broken Golem). But again it depends if Secrets adjust timers or drops. If there are then Bard maybe just having to deal with all of the Scales or Necro for having to do a lot of Sky without dz’s
Vessel, Verina, Marl, Golem, etc will likely be 15 minute spawns. As will angry goblin et al.

Shissar Wraith in fear will likely be included as part of rotation for fear, sky, hate.

The only bottlenecks left in will be raid kills, and even then, they're on rotation - there will be no competition over handins.

• 2Like

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
One of the two was. The other's chat log was behaving and thus isn't muted.
Oh no, Creamsoda and DrPepper? I had a heart to heart with Cream using low IQ ogre speech about fighting with your brother. He seemed very receptive.

• 1Worf