Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone with experience on TAKP able to provide me a break down of MAG vs WIZ across the expansions?

Twilering

Trakanon Raider
Will you be rotating experience zone modifiers? TAKP felt bland for leveling alts since the exp bonuses in Highkeep, Unrest, etc. were so high it made it feel bad to level anywhere else.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Anyone with experience on TAKP able to provide me a break down of MAG vs WIZ across the expansions?
mag is just better in every case... the only reason to go wiz over mag (at least on TAKP) was if you wanted ports in your trio (which are still highly relevant in pop regardless of what p99 folks say)

high end wizzies are better in raid, by a long shot (especially when raids aoe); but a wiz (especially on a solo server) gonna be garbage in every era (group & solo wise).

btw there is a concept called "green exp", used to powerlevel, mages excel at that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Word

I'm having issues getting the StoneUI working, and when googling it I see a fellow pixel purist Zaide Zaide ran into the same issue. What did you end up doing to get it working at a higher resolution?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'm having issues getting the StoneUI working, and when googling it I see a fellow pixel purist Zaide Zaide ran into the same issue. What did you end up doing to get it working at a higher resolution?

Short answer is it only runs at fixed at fixed resolutions and looks progressively worse outside of the base resolution it runs at (640x480)

One of the TAKP devs, solar, is working on this long-term to make the UI support 16:9 and 21:9 for both the new and old UIs as well.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Word

Thanks for the reply S Secrets . Looking forward to that.

Do you have any links to the forums/wiki where I can swap the spell icons used in the StoneUI to the NewUI?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Key to this servers success is going to be allowing for Barbarian Paladins. Fix the biggest mistake Verant ever made. Make Paladin's slam again!

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
takp and this are appealing but my god that lack of mouse scroll on this old client is brutal

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Press alt+enter to make it fill the screen

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Key to this servers success is going to be allowing for Barbarian Paladins. Fix the biggest mistake Verant ever made. Make Paladin's slam again!
Barbarian Paladin with access to Weighted Axe would be so fun. Root jousting! Used to solo evens and low yellows root jousting with a Human Paladin on Red99, having a Barbarian for that would be the shit. Sit down and meditate between swings just like a Shaman doing Canni dancing.

• 2Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
secrets is that the same camera view as pressing f9 twice and zooming in and out on regular eqmac client?

looks like it, but at the same time i dont see the Z axis moving (which is the worst part about that 3rd person view on eqmac client)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
secrets is that the same camera view as pressing f9 twice and zooming in and out on regular eqmac client?

looks like it, but at the same time i dont see the Z axis moving (which is the worst part about that 3rd person view on eqmac client)
Close to it. It's effectively replicating the camera movements and writing them directly

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Barbarian Paladin with access to Weighted Axe would be so fun. Root jousting! Used to solo evens and low yellows root jousting with a Human Paladin on Red99, having a Barbarian for that would be the shit. Sit down and meditate between swings just like a Shaman doing Canni dancing.
It just makes sense. Marr twins created the Barbarians, Marr twins big paladin dieties. Tribunal is the big time Barb diety and justice suits paladins right down to the ground. Paladin was obviously supposed to get a slam race and Verant dropped the ball. It is the year of our lord 2023 and we can fix this error.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
It just makes sense. Marr twins created the Barbarians, Marr twins big paladin dieties. Tribunal is the big time Barb diety and justice suits paladins right down to the ground. Paladin was obviously supposed to get a slam race and Verant dropped the ball. It is the year of our lord 2023 and we can fix this error.

"Barbarian Paladins will be tied to the killing of Lord Mithanial Marr. This is because Lord Mithaniel Marr ended up screwing them over of holy power for nearly two and a half decades."

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Many years before the start of Everquest a Barbarian named Dugan the Golden united the various Northmen Clans for the first time and when he did the Marr twins personally crowned him king and basically gave him divine authority over his people. This rule passed down his family line until it landed on Killian Blood-Axe who was a brutal dictator that killed many Barbarians and was just generally an asshole. The Barbs pled to the Marr Twins for aid but Mith Marr said he wouldn't help because Killian earned his place via honorable battle (he would dual anyone who wanted to oppose him) and Erollisi wouldn't help because she loved the family line of Dugan the Golden. Eventually a man named Connall dueled him and was left for dead but after his pleas for aid went un answered by the Marrs he instead was visited by a vision from The Tribunal. They gave him the power to defeat Killian and ever since the Barbarians have worshipped The Tribunal instead of the Marrs.

That said, I think Tribunal worshippers should be able to play as Paladins and this includes the Barbarians.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like