Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
i'm guessing the classes/race combos will be locked to the TLP rules as well?
The Halfling Ranger and such? Yeah, I need to flag those but they'll be in for Velious at the "3.9" patch.

Separating each expansion into three arbitrary chunks - since each expansion is 9 months, there will be one patch at 3, another at 6, and another at 8 months, right before the next expansion.

Manastone will be gone (& planes opened) at the 1.3 chunk - planes will be opened at the 1.3 chunk as will sol ro armor. Hole comes in at 1.6, and at 1.9 there's currently nothing there but acts as an end marker for any stuff we decide to put in just before kunark in prep - currently I'm using 1.9 as a marker for Kunark boats not appearing, and classic population's last patch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The Halfling Ranger and such? Yeah, I need to flag those but they'll be in for Velious at the "3.9" patch.

Separating each expansion into three arbitrary chunks - since each expansion is 9 months, there will be one patch at 3, another at 6, and another at 8 months, right before the next expansion.

Manastone will be gone (& planes opened) at the 1.3 chunk - planes will be opened at the 1.3 chunk as will sol ro armor. Hole comes in at 1.6, and at 1.9 there's currently nothing there but acts as an end marker for any stuff we decide to put in just before kunark in prep - currently I'm using 1.9 as a marker for Kunark boats not appearing, and classic population's last patch.
1.9 Mayong begins spawning in Mistmoore until Kunark launch ftw.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Key to this servers success is going to be allowing for Barbarian Paladins. Fix the biggest mistake Verant ever made. Make Paladin's slam again!
If a race has both warrior and cleric, they can have a paladin class. Do barbs have clerics?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I also think one could make an argument for Iksar Rangers/Druids
One could make an argument for Dark Elf Rangers but y'all fucked that up proper in the poll years ago, didn't you all?

Now we have Wood Elf Beastlords. A shame.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
One could make an argument for Dark Elf Rangers but y'all fucked that up proper in the poll years ago, didn't you all?

Now we have Wood Elf Beastlords. A shame.
That genuinely was pretty much the day my hope for the future of official EQ died.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Apologies for my ignorance, but what’s the point of running this server on the TAK client and not the P99 client that feels 1000x better?
My fiends and I have always wanted this type of server but 30 seconds of running around with that camera and I had a seizure.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Apologies for my ignorance, but what’s the point of running this server on the TAK client and not the P99 client that feels 1000x better?
My fiends and I have always wanted this type of server but 30 seconds of running around with that camera and I had a seizure.
Back in the day, EverQuest for Apple Macintosh server, Al'Kabor, started during Planes of Power. Sony never bothered porting any future expansions to Apple, so the server was perpetually stuck in PoP with the PoP era client, right up until they finally closed the server in 2013. The Al'Kabor Project was started as a replacement for that. Your Windows PC is actually emulating the final release of the Apple Mac client software when you play TAKP.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Key to this servers success is going to be allowing for Barbarian Paladins. Fix the biggest mistake Verant ever made. Make Paladin's slam again!

but they cant be clerics?

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It’s classic and p99 isn’t classic. Also in the discord there is a camera mod that lets you scroll out. I was running around the other day with a basically perfect camera like p99.

Also takp is open source and p99 isn’t. In the end the takp can eventually be more accurate than p99 but P99 can never make up for the differences between the titanium and the trilogy or mac clients.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Will the new server have visible dot damage or will that still be hidden?

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Mostly the level of effort involved to get P99's client running in tandem with the old client. The old client uses the old netcode, and there's entirely new netcode in Titanium or ROF2 I'd have to spend time on, and disable features as P99 and other servers have. It's a lot of work, given how AAs work in more modern clients, and specifically with how movement is presented between clients. Heading is off, the actual positioning is off, etc..

That being said, almost a decade ago, I did do exactly that with the Rain of Fear client.
See the first video below of that, and notice how the positioning and interpolation looks off. Sure, we could correct it, but it also results in massive visual inconsistencies to the point where, say, Titanium or RoF gives a gameplay advantage over the older clients.

I don't think it's entirely worth the effort to get Titanium working when this one works just fine, stutter aside. I think it's way overblown compared to what it actually looks like in gameplay. Or there's some sort of system specific problem going on.

Here's a video of the old UI at 640x480 but stretched to 16:9. The camera stuttering is less noticeable in native 16:9 resolutions though with 60 fps locked.

Here's the mousewheel at 0 (Unlimited) FPS.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mousewheel is not even remotely what we had in true POP era and should not exist IMO.

EQ is a first person game... this isn't fucking WoW

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users