Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Is this before they messed up the audio? I think the good audio days were miles audio.

Also does the client accurately show health/mana tics? I can't stand that ping ponging mana crap in modern eq.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Secrets fixed the mouse scroll mouse look jank today so now it scrolls smoothly.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I’d really like to play this but I don’t even know how to set it up, I’d like to do Cleric if I had time to get a good UI set up otherwise a Wizard. Is there a guide somewhere that can walk me through setting this up?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
S Secrets ya'll gonna have pvp quakes?

Beast lords at launch or in luclin?
Luclin for BL. I did see a small chance for a PvP quake at one point curious if that will stick around. I like the idea because I suspect you'd have a very different group of players running things during those haha.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Luclin for BL. I did see a small chance for a PvP quake at one point curious if that will stick around. I like the idea because I suspect you'd have a very different group of players running things during those haha.
Chance for PvP on quake was removed.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Mousewheel is not even remotely what we had in true POP era and should not exist IMO.

EQ is a first person game... this isn't fucking WoW

I played EQ in first person through SOL, then switched to third person in POP. I look back now and always wonder how I did it lol. The perspective was a lot more fun, that's for sure. Especially in the raid zones.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
After about 3 days messing around on TAKP I readjusted to first person and honestly prefer it. You for sure have less situational awareness, but its a lot more fun. I think people would be surprised if they gave it a chance. Hang up the poopsock for a bit and try to play Everquest the way it was designed to be played. Its not for everybody I suppose but I've found when I do get a chance to play I enjoy it more if I do my best to avoid the min/max mindset.

The current iteration of the mouse scroll for Quarm just isn't there yet. I'm sure they'll get it fixed but its not usable to me at the moment.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
After about 3 days messing around on TAKP I readjusted to first person and honestly prefer it. You for sure have less situational awareness, but its a lot more fun. I think people would be surprised if they gave it a chance. Hang up the poopsock for a bit and try to play Everquest the way it was designed to be played. Its not for everybody I suppose but I've found when I do get a chance to play I enjoy it more if I do my best to avoid the min/max mindset.

The current iteration of the mouse scroll for Quarm just isn't there yet. I'm sure they'll get it fixed but its not usable to me at the moment.
This is the same thing that happened to me. I played first person back in the day and even in 2011 on Vulak but then when SoE was hacked and EQ was gone for a few months I swapped our guild to Rift for a while and that got me into playing third person.

For the 12 years after that I was always third person until I started ok takp two months ago and now I kind of prefer first person again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Can achieve a similar effect to the third person mousewheel view by hitting F9 twice, zooming out, alt+up/down. Doesn't take long to get into the habit of quickly cycling through camera angles to swap back and forth between first person and over-the-shoulder as needed

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
In Velious I started using the top down view (F9 once, then alt+up arrow to raise the camera) and I used that camera up until GoD when I quit. Then I played on p99 a decade ago and used that view because it didn't even occur to me that mousewheel camera existed. I'll typically use the mousewheel camera on Live servers when I collect data, but I don't really find it that much better. The top down F9 view is actually better if your back is to a wall. I'm surprised to find out that nobody else uses this view.

Third person cameras break immersion. I'll use them but I wish they didn't exist.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
In Velious I started using the top down view (F9 once, then alt+up arrow to raise the camera) and I used that camera up until GoD when I quit.
200w.gif

I just logged into TAKP and tried it... could you post a screenshot sometime of what this is supposed to look like?

Totally agree with you on the immersion thing. It's the difference between "you are playing a character that is visiting these places" vs "you ARE the character visiting these places" IMO. I think EQ classicly did it well where the 3rd person cameras are not very practical for full time use but can be used in certain situations.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think i swapped to the 3rd person view in pop when i was playing a buddys rogue in a few of the raids for him while he was busy then just always used it from then on. I think i just love the animations of the OG models so much so i just like being able to see them over the immersion of 'being the character' with first person

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played third person during vanilla. I just dealt with it. You loose too much information going first person.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe it's because I like to both pull and tank when I play Paladin, but I have always been in the habit of using all the camera angles, except that dumb chase cam angle. For moving around, first person (dungeons with tight passages) or third person over the shoulder (outdoor zones or dungeons with open spaces, or tricky spots like Guk bridges). Overhead for tanking unless we are killing so fast that it isn't worth bothering switching. Then third person moveable camera views set up so I can peek around corners to pacify before pulling.