Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Part of why I turn mobs like a boss when I'm tanking, I suppose. Note that I go back and forth between WASD and the standard arrow keys depending on what I'm doing with my hot buttons.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cmon guys, its like, the perfect way to hit CTRL.

1697416955413.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Correction tho, I guess I do it more with the side of my palm when WASDing. Still the outside nub of the heel when using regular arrow keys and number row hot buttons tho.

IMG_20231015_205306891.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If this server had tab targetting I'd almost never take my hands off the keyboard. Just for inventory/looting/vendoring and spell book.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You can strafe by holding the right mouse button? How else do you strafe? Am I being retarded here?
And to help a little with the speed make sure MaxFPS and MaxMouseLookFPS are set to 60. It isn't going to work properly till the Evolution client unfortunately.

Screenshot 2023-10-15 222422.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You can strafe by holding the right mouse button? How else do you strafe? Am I being retarded here?
And to help a little with the speed make sure MaxFPS and MaxMouseLookFPS are set to 60. It isn't going to work properly till the Evolution client unfortunately.

View attachment 495425
Isn't that how bards do it? Maybe I'm the one that's incorrect

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm pretty sure p99 has done permanent damage to everyone that has played on it for years.

They don't actually know how to play the game anymore, they just know how to play p99 where nothing matters cause everyone is full Velious BIS and any mob of import dies within 10 seconds of spawning.

Trying to interact with these people in regular group content is mind blowing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure p99 has done permanent damage to everyone that has played on it for years.

They don't actually know how to play the game anymore, they just know how to play p99 where nothing matters cause everyone is full Velious BIS and any mob of import dies within 10 seconds of spawning.

Trying to interact with these people in regular group content is mind blowing.

Yeah something is weird with a lot of the groups I've been in. Literally retarded people everytime.

"Bro this EXP is INSANE, come join us in XYZ"
* Proceed to struggle and wipe*

Warriors that don't taunt.
Enchanters that spend more time re-charming a high level pet than mezzing and doing their job.
Monks who FD 4 mobs at the feet of the group as a way to split them.

I usually spend 20 minutes with a group then dip to go back to kiting. TLPs had much more qualitative players on launch lol. Not even worth bending over backwards as a Bard when the collective IQ of the other 5 group members is 10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
Kinda interesting how things only got nerfed after faceless gets done abusing them. Also, why are there even quakes with only a single raiding guild.

The perception was inevitable right from the start. It doesn't matter if it's actually true or not, perception is reality and the perception becomes the truth that matters. Even in the small amount of hours I've played I've seen several arguments in /ooc with people claiming that Secrets will have a bias towards Faceless or other guilds that he is friends with and this was still back in week 1. It was just an inevitable perception given that Secrets is a long time poster on here, friends/friendly with many of the Faceless people and Faceless happens to be the guild that starts raiding first, which makes it very easy for people to start tin foil connecting dots between changes or other random occurrences that happen. I don't think the speculation should come as a shock to anyone and I'd be surprised if Secrets didn't expect it.

The perception will for sure have some negative impact on the server, even if it's an unnoticeably small impact, but again it doesn't matter if it's actually true or not and won't matter how much Secrets say's it not true, it will be the perception and that perception will become what's true. IMO Secrets shouldn't even entertain responding to any allegations of that type, as responding to it isn't going to change anyone's mind and it keeps it in the light for a longer period of time.

At the end of the day though, even if it was true, does it really matter? As long as they're not doing egregiously corrupt things such as banning opposition or banning random people just because they don't personally like them, or let friends get away with breaking rules, who tf cares if they are helping out random guilds? It's not the end of the world. The TLP's and Live have the same gm/dev bias's towards certain guilds and always have and it doesn't ultimately ruin the servers. GM's/devs had massive bias's towards certain raiding guilds back in old EQ. Hell, if you wanted a truly classic experience then Secrets SHOULD have a bias towards some guild on the server just to give it that truly classic feel.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I saw some sort of lack of awareness going on too. I think this client maybe doesn't show other people's mana. I was in a group as a cleric with another druid healer as well, and the puller just chain pulled till he died.

After that I managed to get up to 15% or so before he came back and again just pulled nonstop while we sat there saying oom repeatedly. The group wiped very shortly thereafter and everyone bailed.

I guess you have to spell it out to them like "I don't have meditate for 3 more levels, have no gear, and I definitely don't have clarity".

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I saw some sort of lack of awareness going on too. I think this client maybe doesn't show other people's mana. I was in a group as a cleric with another druid healer as well, and the puller just chain pulled till he died.

After that I managed to get up to 15% or so before he came back and again just pulled nonstop while we sat there saying oom repeatedly. The group wiped very shortly thereafter and everyone bailed.

I guess you have to spell it out to them like "I don't have meditate for 3 more levels, have no gear, and I definitely don't have clarity".
Make Mana Calls Great Again. No mana bars means casters have to call out their mana. True Classic experience! I definitely remember that era.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Kinda interesting how things only got nerfed after faceless gets done abusing them. Also, why are there even quakes with only a single raiding guild.

It's baked into the server and automated so there can't be favoritism

Ppl like this are why there's already raid petitions on a rotation enforced server

You read that right, the whiners got completely rotated content and are still whining, making petitions and demands like I predicted

Hilarious and also sad

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I saw the server breaking 1800 online again last night in the latter half of prime time. Great to see. I wonder what the average level is.

• 2Like