Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Manastone, jboots, guise, rubicite all done.

Now I've got a cool 8 more months of fucking about where nothing really matters all that much anymore.

You're more than welcome to PL me...

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My low level mage sporting a raw silk robe, and a batfang headband + chipped bone collar a nice necromancer gave me when I wandered by the west karana ogres.
01468-1419553205-a large loose thick bulky tall primitive white tribal slave collar made from ...png

• 2Picard
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Always wanted to get a Manastone in EQ and never could. Same with Rubicite.

What class would benefit the most from a Manastone? Thinking the 3 pure healers. Maybe also Necro?

What about if JBoots are added? Then Wizard probably also jumps up to that tier.

Factor in Rubicite classes... I guess Cleric and Shaman would benefit the most from having all 3? Shaman less so because canni. So Cleric is probably paramount in benefitting.

For all 3 items combined I'd say tier A for benefit is Cleric, tier B is Shaman and necro, tier C is druid, tier D is wizard, tier E is everyone else.

And hypothetically speaking what classes does Faceless need right now?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
have not played much, but I love the traffic jams of trolls and ogres outside guk. has been frustrating for some people but I find it hilarious and awesome how big the collision boxes are.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Always wanted to get a Manastone in EQ and never could. Same with Rubicite.

What class would benefit the most from a Manastone? Thinking the 3 pure healers. Maybe also Necro?

What about if JBoots are added? Then Wizard probably also jumps up to that tier.

Factor in Rubicite classes... I guess Cleric and Shaman would benefit the most from having all 3? Shaman less so because canni. So Cleric is probably paramount in benefitting.

For all 3 items combined I'd say tier A for benefit is Cleric, tier B is Shaman and necro, tier C is druid, tier D is wizard, tier E is everyone else.

And hypothetically speaking what classes does Faceless need right now?
I think manastone is mostly overrated but supposedly cleric benefits the most because of CH (especially CH clicky BP). Druid/Wiz can also theoretically port somewhere else and then gate back to hunting but in practice I’m not sure how realistic that is when you math it out.

Also in a server that will eventually end in POP I’m not sure how relevant it will remain compared to P99 Velious era.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think manastone is mostly overrated but supposedly cleric benefits the most because of CH (especially CH clicky BP). Druid/Wiz can also theoretically port somewhere else and then gate back to hunting but in practice I’m not sure how realistic that is when you math it out.

Also in a server that will eventually end in POP I’m not sure how relevant it will remain compared to P99 Velious era.

Yeah I'm thinking just in terms of playing classic (25th TLP will be out by then). Edit: Maybe Kunark too since it's in January.

Seems like Cleric is the best option if I want to make use of all those things. Paladin is probably another good one that I didn't think of...maybe. they don't really need to burn mana or anything.

Last edited:

Juvarisx

Florida
Yeah I'm thinking just in terms of playing classic (25th TLP will be out by then). Edit: Maybe Kunark too since it's in January.

Seems like Cleric is the best option if I want to make use of all those things. Paladin is probably another good one that I didn't think of...maybe. they don't really need to burn mana or anything.

Kunark isnt till June no? Jan should be Planes/ Sol Ro, March is The Hole

Guise / Manastone / Rubi all seem useful to me on a Ogre/Troll SK

Xevy

Log Wizard
Replace that opening statement with "games online" instead of MMO's and yeah. I mean it's a safe haven for anon pussies to try and be badasses and edgelords. However thinking anyone who atypical can't play on this server, or any, is pretty fucking dumb. Most of these people are just huge assholes themselves and are trying to use their whatever cause as a shield for them being a trashcan. I believe in equality which means just because you're trans or gay or neurodivergent or whatever, doesn't mean you have any more statistical chance to not be a shit-level gamer with an ego who's gaming ability is about a 3/10 and their ego is about 11/10. That's just the gaming norm.

Everyone at this point has probably guilded with some super-flamboyantly gay person who was was well-liked and a good player. Then at the same time, some non-flamboyant more quiet gay person who sucked at the game who probably quit the guild and blamed homophobia when they just sucked. Gaming is all about proving your worth. Are you good? Are you good ENOUGH? Or are you the kind of baggage no one can drag around for too long before having to throw away. Most people fall into the second category, but every once and a while you've got to cull the heard and rather than facing the fact they're just not adequate at their duties people have to invent some other reason as to why they got cut. Race, sexual preference/identity, or my favorite the "officer _____ hated me!" The last one is great because sometimes it's a self fulfilling prophecy where the officer is just doing their job and they don't hate you until you make it out like they've always hated you. No, bro, you're just a trashcan.

I got 1:22 minutes into that highlight. I ALMOST didn't make it passed the kombucha sip.

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People are assholes in every game. Its not even about being racist or homophobic most of the time. Its more about being with your friends, talking shit and having a good time than anything else. If I call you a faggot, and you're acting like a faggot - I dont really care if you're gay or not, you're just being a whiny little bitch. I refuse to let that shit take over video games. Hell, a video was just posted about a black dude being racist to another black dude. Get over yourself - no one gives a shit if you're black or white, either. Some incredibly funny / historic times Ive ever had playing League with the guys - and we were garbage pieces of shit to everyone we played with.

But trannies? Fuck that shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
My reply to the Reddit post (x-posted from the "Quarm is for Straight White Males Only" post there on r/ProjectQuarm)

Hey, I don't normally comment on things like this, but I did want to provide context:

OP was banned from the Discord server following racist and sexist comments, followed by CSR harassment.
My policy is that we're handling rules as written.

I can understand being hurt, but this went far beyond that. The player made a ticket and asked us to take care of the bigots on the server.
We asked the player to report the names of the players who were causing issues ingame. They refused, and said reporting did not work and has not worked in any game. Then left the Discord server.

The next day, they rejoined, and created a ticket - we again, asked for the names and understood that they're feeling hurt. Our CSRs attempted to deescalate the situation, but they were not interested in providing names, just arguing.

Technically, they violated rule 5 by stating only 'rich straight white men' are causing issues on the server. That is racism, sexism, and discrimination based on gender in itself. Frankly, I should have showed them the door based on that alone, but they appeared to have been coming from a place of hurt. It's clear, based on repeated sexist and racist posts on this subreddit, that OP is a bigot.

It doesn't matter if you're trans - I am, and I'm not afraid to show bigots that judge people the door. In this case, you categorized an entire community run by volunteers as 'straight white men', a quote from our Discord.

It is my understanding that while OP is coming from a place of hurt, the refusal to report people whom harassed them is unhelpful and, in my opinion, unfair to the volunteers who spend their time taking special care with every report,

If you are repeatedly leaving the discord in order to avoid being banned while being racist and sexist, we will show you the door.
Your political stance or individual identity does not matter to us if you violate our policies on hate speech, which this person did.

Here is the full context below from our ticketing system to show the exact events that transpired:

ImageUpload.io — image — 1000009452.png
https://imageupload.io/LRiPhyDd6o9zjqu

ImageUpload.io — image — 1000009454.png
ImageUpload.io — image — 1000009455.png
ImageUpload.io — image — 1000009456.png

To be very clear, there are incidents in guilds involving rule violations within the same guild, and we generally inform the leader of those guilds when another member feels uncomfortable. If they refuse to remediate the situation, we will generally apply a tier 2 mute at appropriate severity given the players' history (Guild, group, raid, in addition to normal revoke status) to the player who violated the rule in question, as it is still a rule violation.

We rely on reports. Occasionally we'll go digging - ie; for offenses once someone is reported for something borderline, and then we see they've been spamming /say chat with racial slurs and then we'll nail them on that.

But to say that it doesn't work is just patently false, and is an insult to our volunteers and the time they've spent.

To argue that people are bigots on our server while violating the rule against hate speech is just peak irony.

To OP - Please stay away from our project. You were banned for hate speech, and for harassing our CSRs. You are no longer welcome on Project Quarm.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users