Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Did you do a CT dungeon crawl? I remember doing something like that at level 40ish (I think) back in 2000, trying to get the Ravenscale armors in my failed run as a rogue. It took a whole evening and replacing group members as people left, but I got every piece of Ravenscale. It's probably my tip-top memory from the 18 months or so that I played that accursed character.

Just hit a few of the camps in Raid for loot. Got 5 or so pieces of my Rubi set ina night. Mostly good and fun people was nice. Solid mid level pop not full of toxic people. But yeah very similar to your story just fun keeping up with the coming and going and working around the zone

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Today's version of this is that I changed the stats on various useless Classic Raid items - stuff like Wand of Unbound Thought, and on Hate/Fear gear to match the classes they drop for - ie; int/wis goes to sta/str/agi/dex for pure melees with int/wis on their gear, or the Vox hammer is no longer worthless

The people are split. The tears are delicious.

1702491202586.png

• 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i think its a decent idea, just dont go overboard because changing peoples perspective of what is min/max will cause tism rage

btw, i have no solution, and i may speak for a lot of people, but... the legacy loot rules were really a great time in terms of goals to reach. after 30 though there's nothing really to strive for. perhaps that will change when planes arrive, but i did enjoy the overall solo yet public aspect of it (something I'm not sure the planes will have)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
i think its a decent idea, just dont go overboard because changing peoples perspective of what is min/max will cause tism rage

btw, i have no solution, and i may speak for a lot of people, but... the legacy loot rules were really a great time in terms of goals to reach. after 30 though there's nothing really to strive for. perhaps that will change when planes arrive, but i did enjoy the overall solo yet public aspect of it (something I'm not sure the planes will have)

Yeah, I know where the limit is. I just have to get past the initial shock of doing this. It's a slippery slope and that's the only concession I give, thankfully I've played the same game as them for two decades, and know where shit stinks.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya how dare secrets make completely useless dog shit items somewhat relevant!

Hopefully the changes to planar items includes changing completely idiotic useless stats into actual useful ones for the classes that can use them and not stupid shit like +5 intel on wis caster gear.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Ya how dare secrets make completely useless dog shit items somewhat relevant!

Hopefully the changes to planar items includes changing completely idiotic useless stats into actual useful ones for the classes that can use them and not stupid shit like +5 intel on wis caster gear.
I changed those obvious ones, like WIS on INT caster gear and some of the really useless ones like +cha on Apothic Crown to actual useful stats - in general, it was conversion from dumb shit to mana/hp/dex/str/agi/int - kept in mind that agility doesn't help a lot of classes like rogue, and some of the over-budgeted rogue gear is now with more dex for proc purposes.

Did avoid changing AC because that directly impacts game balance, where hp means you might get another round in before dying a horrible death.

The useless necro staff (Staff of Undead Legions) is now kinda useful - 0 proc rate, so shit proc rate, but now a 1hb (28 dly, 8 dmg). So it's like a mini-version of the Ice Comet staff that only works on Undead. Also changed it to Dismiss Undead so it doesn't ruin the core class identity of Necro. It's more of a "this undead is in my goddamn face, I can whack it" style stick.

The Vox trash hammer (Hammer of Divine Grace) had the same treatment. Now it's a semi-useful whacker with proc Expulse Undead. Also has a higher procrate than the Necro one. Intent is to make it similar to the Luclin-era hammers, but in classic & for Undead.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My adventures the last 2 days:

Friend gave me a good solo spot and I leveled from 9 to 12, thought 12 was time for bind so I ran from tox to elf town to buy it. Discovered that it is 14 and not 12.

Went to Unrest for adventure. Zoned in thinking maybe I'd ask someone for a bind (since I was bound in Qeynos). Got a group invite the instant I zoned in, so I went to gazebo. When I arrived the group was in dire peril. I healed them as best I could, and in the chaos, the person that invited me says "Srry they invited someone else". I see this right as I die.

Back in Qeynos I decide to stick with the spot I was in. Unfortunately it is light blue now so I make the run again. Get back to Unrest in the midst of a ginormous train. Very nearly die. Loot some stuff, but there's a lore item in my bag with my food.

Run to the bank. Forget to delete the lore item. Run back to unrest, realize I can't loot my main bag. I decide it is time to start drinking.

On the way back to the bank for a second time, a nice lady gives me levitate and spirit of the wolf. I run back to the bank in record time, delete the item, back to unrest. Loot my bag, leave.

Flying over Dagny's Cauldron lev wears off and I fall into the water. No big deal. I land atop a red goblin shaman. I root it, it roots me. I memorize gate. His root breaks, mine doesn't. Back in Qeynos.

I've now made the run a third time, lulling my way past muddites and assgoblinry. I await the boat in east freeport, wiser from lessons learned.

On the way I ran past a hobbit named "Ropeyloads". Laughed till I cried.

Art of my Journeys:
00391-2361202696.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
After several really terrible groups I went back to my mage. Spent an hour or two massacrating the karanas till I had so many dead animal skins I could barely walk. Then I noticed I'd gained a whole 5% of a level for all that.

That pet penalty is crazy, and outdamaging it doesn't seem to matter.

AI re-enactment of a griffon spawning directly on top of me
00765-3913920674.png

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I almost called it a day after accepting my old age and lack of time, but this weekend a combination of kids sleep overs and fast group spots sent me from 17-23 in Unrest.

Next, I ran to J boots and had a great experience with jumping into the line and grabbing boots in like 30 mins.

Both times people helped me that didn’t need to and the old eq magic showed itself. There’s something cool about that and it’s very difficult to emulate in today’s gaming environment.

Lastly, AFKd at lord for ghoulbane while working and after 3-4 hours, which was great bc I actually worked, I got an invite and lost the roll, but the winner gave.

Glad I powered through and enjoying the community a ton. I now have to make penance by doing only kid stuff and work for like a week so I’m not a total deadbeat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ive been too busy to do the Rubi camps lately, I have BP and boots, and all the non visible. How big a difference is the Rubi bracers arms legs vs bronze or other in the short term. Should I accept it and move on or try to get lucky overnight during the holidays.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ive been too busy to do the Rubi camps lately, I have BP and boots, and all the non visible. How big a difference is the Rubi bracers arms legs vs bronze or other in the short term. Should I accept it and move on or try to get lucky overnight during the holidays.
More ac, less weight. I ended up getting all but helm and sleeves before I moved on. You'll be fine if you go without. Sol Ro/planes armor is going to replace a lot of it anyhow.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The Holiday Event, Domain of Frost, is now active!

A mysterious Wizard from an extraplanar realm - who is rumored to be a Dragon - has thawed for her yearly awakening, and has conjured a portal to a hidden planar pocket to a fragmented memory - belonging to none other than E'Ci of the Triumvirate of Water.

The strength of the Wizard rivals that of Veeshan's most trusted. Upon opening the portal, a band of fire goblins, belonging to a Scrooge named Santaug Klaugg, have also infiltrated the pocket plane as it opened! They were spotted containing toys, trinkets, and were wearing various pieces of armor.

The Domain must be rescued! The Wizard has opened a portal to the pocket plane again; this time for adventurers to save the plane in the East Commonlands tunnel.

Due to her massive power and fear of being discovered as shady, the Shady Swashbuckler has taken up shop elsewhere in the tunnel, and has bought a banker friend with him. This banker friend is also extremely shady, though appears to be an honest fellow. He quite enjoys the company, and might be keeping his friend with him well after the Wizard's departure. Enter the Domain of Frost, and reap the rewards within.
  • The Domain of Frost is a level 30 to 45 zone, being split right down the middle in terms of difficulty - the far side being much more difficult than the near side.
  • The Domain of Frost has a passive +0.05 experience boost within its walls.
  • Trivial Loot Code is enabled in the Domain of Frost.
  • There are rumors of a container of considerable storage within - if you manage to find one, it will require you to be of the 30th season to loot.
  • Bards who have lived to tell the tale also share of a hidden compartment in the well - guilds may be interested in completing the trials within to get a time-limited reward. There are multiple ways to get this reward.
  • Know that this encounter is the most difficult of the raid encounters adventurers have faced thus far.
NOTE: The reward item name contains a symbol - (t) - indicates that the item is temporary and will be removed following the event. Fret not about its power. Go forth, brave Norrathians - and conquer the icy depths of the Domain for E'Ci, and complete the tale of Fire and Ice!

1703048110866.png

1703048117538.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users