Prometheus (Alien 0) - 1 Year Later

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just rewatched this movie, it gets better and better with each subsequent viewing.

Dont get me wrong, it could have been 10x better if it wasnt for Lindelof. But otherwise it was still an amazing piece of sci-fi/horror.

Pretty excited about Prometheus 2, even moreso that Lindelof wont have anything to do with it

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/83...lot-rumors.htm

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
What's your beef with Prometheus, guys?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice troll attempt. Movie fucking sucked and was even worse when I watched again a few weeks ago on HBO.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I noticed so many more subtle touches and details on subsequent viewings. A hallmark of a well-done film.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Did that article really claim that Prometheus was the best sci-fi movie to come out in 2012? -.-

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Waiting to rewatch when a directors cut comes out, pretty much every Riddley Scot movie improves immensely with a directors cut.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I actually just watched it last night on HBO. Literally fell asleep twice and gave up. Read the plot summary this morning - turns out I didn't miss much. Shame, I thought the opening 5 minutes was well done.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually just watched it last night on HBO. Literally fell asleep twice and gave up. Read the plot summary this morning - turns out I didn't miss much. Shame, I thought the opening 5 minutes was well done.
There were two deleted scenes on the bluray that had they been included in the movie, the movie would have been much improved. Scene with the zombified red-bearded guy attacking everybody in the motor pool, but in the deleted scene he wasn't some mutant zombie but actually a modified alien. And then the scene at the end with the engineer actually speaking.

Put those scenes into a new BD and I will buy it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Personally, I liked it. I think the thing that stuck out most obviously was the tie in at the end when the large alien took off and was sitting in the same chair (and length) of the crashed alien ship from the original alien. I look forward to seeing where it is going, and I am guessing, regardless of rumor, we will see more Alien franchise tie in.

Considering most anything that comes out these days in Sci- Fi is horrible, at least it was a bit different.

It also did very well in the box office.

Budget $120-130 million[3]
Box office $403 million[4]

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I liked it as well, fuck all the haters. It wasnt some award winning masterpiece of sci-fi work, but it was enjoyable.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I liked it as well, fuck all the haters. It wasnt some award winning masterpiece of sci-fi work, but it was enjoyable.
Did you stream it or watch it on Blu-Ray?
smile.png

(Sorry couldn't resist)

smile.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually downloaded it from some torrent site and watched it on my comp. This is how I watch most of my movies, believe it or not.

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
Now, how good or consistent a movie is may or may not have anything to do with how enjoyable it is. For example, one of my favorites is "The Pest" with John Leguizamo. It is a bad movie. Even Leguizamo has disowned it. But it is fun. It is dumb, but fun.
So, for those of you who liked Prometheus, I am not going to tell you that you are wrong or bad for liking it.
For those who did not like Prometheus, I'll just leave this here for your enjoyment...

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have never seen a movie that aspired to be so smart, yet acted so dumb.

The big-picture story was fine, the movie was visually stunning, the cast was A+, and then you have the writing/plot which totally mother-fucked it into the dirt. It is so fucking stupid, that it is insulting. Lindelof is the Adam Sandler of Sci-fi and one of the biggest hacks to ever work in the business.