PS Vita TV

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Any of you folks in the Japan/far east region pick one of these up last week? There are some vita games that Ireallywanna play but I despise actually using a handheld device. My PSP is just an expensive controller as I always have it hooked to the television, not being able to do the same with the Vita has made me hold off on picking one up, until now.

Im aware of most of the pros and cons of this little thing (biggest being no US PSN connection), but want to try to get some feedback here since I trust the opinions of you people more than game review sites.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll be very surprised (and disappointed) if this doesn't get a release date in the west by the end of the year. Far more interested in buying one of these than a PS4, that's for sure.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I completely forgot about this thing. I'm surprised theres no actual mention or anything about a NA release of it.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
The only mentions of it Ive seen are interviews withMasayasu Ito & Andrew Housethey were surprised at the interest in it from western countries and are "considering" a western release but nothing is for sure. They are having to look at adding additional services to it based on the region (Netflix, etc). House goes on to state "that the potential was there, but agreed that Sony needed to investigate each region's potential further."

I dunno if Id expect an announcement anytime soon. The problem is Im patient and want to play Persona 4 Golden now, preferably on my 60" tv, not a 5" screen.

Vorph

I suspect it has a lot more to do with Sony not wanting people talking about anything but the PS4 in the west right now rather than them actually being surprised that people here want a Vita TV. Releasing it in Japan now is safe, since they aren't getting the PS4 over there for months still.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Hmm, Atlus has a Persona announcement to make Sunday. If P4 is headed to the PS3/4 then Ill save a $150 bucks on one of these and be happy, otherwise Ill probably have a Vita tv on the way Monday (although a Persona 5 announcement would be nice too)...

As cool as this little thing is, having a vita itself is probably a good idea too since not all games work on it. No Uncharted or Gravity Rush or anything that uses motion controls heavily.

Vorph

The voice actress who does Nanako has listed Persona 4 Vol. 2 and P4 Golden 2 on her resume, so it's pretty likely that's what the announcement is going to be.