Puzzles and Dragons

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone got a big neptune they can put up...trying to get blie Whiskey.
How big? Will put mine up now and see if it works.

Was thinking about doing a Valk run, just because it's one of the only dungeons I've never completed. And also, I kind of regret taking my GValk to +37 and might want to feed her to something else (like Artemis) if I could get a +0 GValk to replace it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if I could get a +0 GValk to replace it.
Why?

edit: Not being snarky BTW, this is something I don't know about. Unless you're just trying to save cash on feeding her the right eggs.

On the subject of strategy I don't know about: I've long been wondering if it's better to make a vertical match or horizontal match. I king of default to horizontal just because it fits 2 in one row, rather than 1 in a column with 2 orbs floating around.

In practice I just end up with a mishmash of whatever the fuck I can fumble together before my panicked flailing hits the edge of the screen and I lose the move before I can hit the needed number to trigger something good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Because I find that I'm using the 6.25x healer team less and less as my Mono Green team and Mono Dark team progress (or even the Horus rainbow team). Wouldn't mind using the +37 currently invested in a GValk I barely use on something that I would use more long term. It's +18 HP and +19 ATK that might go nice on my Hunting Deity Artemis. And she's only level 47, never got her max and evolved to Princess Valk even.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah, that makes sense. I was worried I was missing some secret benefit to not having +'s or something, like keeping a Viper low level for zombie purposes or something.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I started the game with a 4* valk. I farmed up the siren and naga. Picked up a dryad from a crappy REM roll. Succubus was nice to get from a roll. Ran the valk/healer team up through Castle of Satan. Once I evolved my mystic stone knight to ADK I stopped using the valk team completely...not enough hp. You die too easily, or at least I did. My orb matching skills were pretty shitty for the first few weeks.

Then I discovered the pure bullshit of the green odin/healer teams. I had a fully evolved/maxed siren in my healer team that I had farmed and raised. I would just team her up with any green odins I could find. Now I was able to climb the normal modes again and also had a much easier time farming evo mats on the weekday special dungeons. During a godfest I rolled an Ama which I quickly boosted up to use.

I never find myself using Valk as a leader. Shes part of my Zeus team now but isn't used as a leader ever. I find the game much more enjoyable with a solid HP pool to work with. Hell I don't even like playing the Zeus team due to the 100% hp requirement to activate the multiplier.

I think I am going to work on my Horus skills for harder dungeons. See how well I do with some 16x multiplier action.

Maybe dual Horus leaders with subs: Naga, Viper, dark/light Hades, Parvati or Bastet for the last sub. Green I can't really decide which would be the most useful sub. I have really been enjoying Bastet for the aoe ability on demand but the healing/orb change provided by Parvati can be clutch at times. Oh let's not forget we could always slap Ceres in for the full heal. Decisions Decisions.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Or a Susano for even more defense...

Bastet starts looking like a good choice... but most difficult fights are not multi target... a high level highlander is pretty nice stats and the orb change is always useful, especially in a horus setup...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Susano takes so long for his defensive skill to refresh.

I have a highlander at 5* and level 50. I just don't find myself using the orb changers that often. I keep playing rainbow teams without them.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Yeah but he is an orb changer AND his stats are good.

I am having a similar problem finding a green sub to put into a rainbow team...

Highlander, Susano, Bastet, Artemis, Parvati...

If I had access to everything...
Highlander would be my first choice, with Parvati and Susano tied at 2nd (high burst dungeons using susano). 5 turns of reduction with 20 turn cooldown... can find more uses for that than Parvati skill. If a dungeon with a multi monster boss stage comes out, bastet really starts to shine... but without that... brings nothing but god stats...

The full heal from Ceres sounds nice... but without a rainbow 2x hp modifier your team is going to be sub 19k hp... so that full heal starts looking a bit more lack luster.

Things dont really get better in 5.1 either... Green White Angel has an orb change... and the Green White Devil has a damage return...

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone got a big neptune they can put up...trying to get blie Whiskey.
I have a Neptune, but he is only 35. Only been playing a few weeks and pulled him last event. Not sure how to put him up,but feel free to add me[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */

Let me know how to make sure hes up if you want hi, and I'll make sure he is up. Recharging sta atm.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Maybe dual Horus leaders with subs: Naga, Viper, dark/light Hades, Parvati or Bastet for the last sub. Green I can't really decide which would be the most useful sub. I have really been enjoying Bastet for the aoe ability on demand but the healing/orb change provided by Parvati can be clutch at times. Oh let's not forget we could always slap Ceres in for the full heal. Decisions Decisions.
Your opinion on orb changers may change after playing with horus for a bit - I found that it was surprisingly frequent to be unable to match 4 colors just because there weren't 4 colors available - like 2 red and 1 white on the board or something like that.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Your opinion on orb changers may change after playing with horus for a bit - I found that it was surprisingly frequent to be unable to match 4 colors just because there weren't 4 colors available - like 2 red and 1 white on the board or something like that.
Yeah, I think my Horus team end up being similar, but I'm on board with orb changers I think.

Just tried a Hours / Isis Goddess run and was 5 for 5 or whatever on the matches, which actually worked against me since it basically 1 shot each round. But then the Dark Golem 1-shot me because I couldn't do 1.1M hp in two turns. Needed the stun to be up, and having a few (A LOT) more levels on the team wouldn't hurt the HP/ATK.

Df~_sl

shitlord
For Horus orb changers... I would consider using Vampire or Highlander only. Vampire can be skill maxed... and has great stats. Though covering your Light and Dark with dual color is an option... I wouldnt consider bringing in the red orb changer... and blue has Neptune and Viper both with unique useful skills instead of bringing Berserk.

There should be some more dual color options... aside from the latebloom dragons and everything else having either Light or Dark...

Rumor of another Event happening on JP this week.. different Descend dungeon every day to celebrate 13m? downloads + winning some award + something else... not sure on the specifics yet... announcement expected in one hour.

Composter

Thanks for throwing up the Neptunes, guys. I managed to get through master with 0 stones spent. Bastard did not drop, though.

Composter

Well, did it again, spent 2 stones (1 for stamina, 1 because the chimera were on the same timer), and got it to drop. Significantly enhances my blue team, so I'm okay with it. Managed to get a mermaid drop, too. Go figure.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
took a chance and rolled on the rare machine... level 49 Amaterasu... :\

Df~_sl

shitlord
Sorry to hear that... hold it till a skillup event!

Apparently JP is getting a god fest on top of the current REM event. Satan Descends tonight starting at 11:30pm JP time too. Not sure my horus team can handle that. But gonna put 50 stam on it anyway gonna limit myself to 5 stones to attempt to clear

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Wood Ancient up now. Not sure what team I want to throw at him - immune to Echidna, but will need her delay for Round 5. Disables fire pets for 5 turns... and hits for 16k. Looks like Green / Blue resist leader and plugachuga through it with an Ama to be safe. Boring.

Df~_sl

shitlord
What makes you think he is immune to echidna?

- Fire Extinguishing Ivy?
- Fertile Guard?

If you activate echidna first turn... he wont be able to act until echidna wears off anyway.... so... not entirely useful as a reactive skill... but still useful as a proactive one.

I would say 16k hp, red green resist as round 5 is tougher than round 9... though healing 10k hp a turn can be tough... eating a double evil slash on the same turn = KO

Could even go so far as using three resists... Toytops + flaredrall. Echidna and lots of HP as subs and call it a day.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Wood Ancient up now. Not sure what team I want to throw at him - immune to Echidna, but will need her delay for Round 5. Disables fire pets for 5 turns... and hits for 16k. Looks like Green / Blue resist leader and plugachuga through it with an Ama to be safe. Boring.
Not Isis ;p I was amused to see they threw in an extra fuck you to anubis/isis in that one, in the form of the moltdras changing orbs to light. Such a pain in the ass. Isis is pretty much impossible because the boss will fire bind, at which point you can't activate the combo anymore.

Same blue odin team as blue dragon won't work, for me anyway, not enough hp to survive a hit from the boss. I'll probably give mono green with mega hp a go and take my chances at surviving a reaming from the round 5 demons.