Puzzles and Dragons

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dragons of the tower drops little gold dragons? How frequent? Man we need more of this secret sauce, i had no idea.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Damn national championship game festivities. Didn't rejoice super gold was going on. Only have time to chec my phone at like 9am when we get up to leave the hotel.

Gold Dragon stats, skills, evolution, location | Puzzle Dragons Database

Where does Gold Dragon drop?
Where can I get 179? You can obtain it from:
Pal Egg: Rare Egg:
[N] Tower of Giants Wrath of the Giant
Giant Guards
Dragons of the Tower
Gate of the Giant
Path to the Tower
[N] Pluto Valley Dragon of the Abyss
Succubus's Whisper
Creeping Darkness
Wandering Murderer
Cave of the Valley
[N] Tomb of the Saint The Saint's Dragon
Heaven's Servant
Wise White Dragon
Gravekeeper Gizmo
Under the Cemetery
[N] Demeter Forest Ground Dragon Arisen
The Fairy's Invitation
Hungry Green Dragon
Keeper of Trees
Rustling of Trees
[N] Neptune Glacier Ice Aurora Dragon
The Mermaid's Feast
Dark Water Shadow
Keeper of Ice
Freezing Winds
[N] Volcano of Vulcan Arise Vulcan Dragon
Flame Snake Woman
Crimson Dragon
Keeper of Flame
Crater Entrance
Dungeon of Gold Dragons Hunt Gold Dragons!
[T] Mythic Stone Dragon Cave Rainbow Stone Magic Dragon

Df~_sl

shitlord
Ugg... had a really long post detailing drops from regular and technical dungeons... but it got eaten by the mystery monster...

In any case...
gold dragons, metal dragons, lits, dublits, all levels of masks, are available from regular and technical dungeons depending on tier.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rarity for that stuff seems to be all over the board.

Like, for example, I just need one divine onyx mask to evolve my Hera. I spent a ton of stamina on normals and technicals that they drop in, and I think I saw two masks spawn the entire time and naturally neither one dropped an egg. On the other hand, I got half a dozen divine indigo masks in the same time period that I don't need and didn't want. 1.5x drop rate hasn't seemed to do shit for making onyx masks spawn in Clayus Prison or technicals either.

Also, I've done probably 40-45 levels off of Tower of Giants and I've gotten 4 or 5 gold dragons in all of that. I see them all the time, they just never drop eggs.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Well yeah... during the 1.5x drop rates you generally get one drop per round... if you see 4 monsters per round... thats only a 25% chance of getting the specific drop you want if you even see it... couple that with the fact that dragons of the tower doesnt get 1.5x drop it gets 1/2 STA...

The metal/gold dragons also have a "low" chance to appear. I would put them on par with the masks/lits and other evo material...

You definitely shouldn't be FARMING evo mats from these places as its a terrible use of STA... but tower of giants - dragons of the tower is great during the weekends... 1000+xp for 3 STA, dragon plants, dragon flowers, gold dragons, metal dragons...

People also suffer from "present bias". You need the drop... and therefore you are more aware of NOT getting it, which alters your perception of its rarity...

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Kinda looking forward to the break between events...Kinda getting tired of setting timers to grind certain dungeons.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Yeah... T5 Final Round +egg drop farming... how wonderful... At least I can work on evolving all those skillup mats that have been clogging up my box...

Finished my +RCV on JP Busty AO... so now I have a +99 RCV Busty AO on both servers... and +99ATK on both Horus' ... now to keep on trucking...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Man, how the fuck do you guys have so many +eggs... I'm still at less than 297 total and I'm at ~230 rank. I farm the shit out of OoH.

Also, where do you guys go for keepers? Is it really just Tuesday dungeons? I'm waiting for ~20 dark keepers and can NOT get them to drop. I'm tempted to just start running the dark technical dragon dungeon to get them on mondays too.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Man, how the fuck do you guys have so many +eggs... I'm still at less than 297 total and I'm at ~230 rank. I farm the shit out of OoH.

Also, where do you guys go for keepers? Is it really just Tuesday dungeons? I'm waiting for ~20 dark keepers and can NOT get them to drop. I'm tempted to just start running the dark technical dragon dungeon to get them on mondays too.
For getting keepers... tuesday dungeons... and only tuesday dungeons. 40stamina for a CHANCE to get a dark keeper... vs 30 stamina for 50% chance at dark keeper and rainbow keeper...

In general, I wait until double drop rate on keeper dungeons and then run rainbow keeper over and over... great rate of +eggs, always get at least one keeper, mostly get 2 keepers (one of which is tons of xp for feeding!)

As for +eggs...

Same as famous nonIAP player... During the week.. boss stage of tier 5 regular dungeons during increased drop times. During the weekend, Sea God of Heaven over and over... On Mondays during 5X drop rate events, talos abyss boss stage. If you do not get a +egg in 2 runs, wait and come back later (superstition).

Once you get to a certain point... all you do is farm +eggs while waiting for other stuff to show up... so your rate of egg gain increases as rank goes up.

I've run the Dark Tech Dragon dungeon for Keepers. The drop rate isn't perfect, but I come out with a Dark Keeper more often than not (I think, anyway). When the boss drops I also use him to try and skill up any of those dragons that I think I might actually use at some point. It's certainly not optimal, but I have a box full of Light Keepers, and need so many damn Darks.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
FUCK there was a super metal descends today and I missed it. Damn it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Could be worse--I missed the super gold one on Sunday because I was mindlessly farming for rank-ups and never even checked the schedule on PDX.
frown.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Could be worse, I missed both AND we lost the game!

Did we talk much the last few pages about 9x balanced teams? Back when all the heart ache about Luci and spike leaders was going on? I'm going to start giving mine a shot and see how it goes. A non REM ten looks like it could be a very good option. Cu Chu is from two hero which is realistically the 2nd or 3rd descend everyone will do. ADK is easy, King Woodsie, Fortytops... seems to be some nice options. And with the woodsie you have a pretty good spike.

Df~_sl

shitlord
What is there to talk about with 9x balance teams?

1&2 Double Chu Chu leaders... with easy skillups Heart to Green
3 ADK with easy skillups Red to Green
4 Fortoytops with reasonable skillups Blue to heart
5 King Woodsie with expensive skillup burst
6 ??? Green Balance sub of choice

Works for farming. Weak against red dungeons... but can easily farm Ocean of Heaven for +Eggs. Not enough dmg to clear 2heros or Hera or harder descends with 0 stones.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well fuck Df~ I don't know. Is anyone here using them? Do they like them? Do the non IAP players that don't roll during Godfests like them for Descends? Seems like plenty of people on the other P&D forum are using them for plenty of the descends with 0 stones. For fucks sake I like you guys more than random scrubs there and appreciate the community. What would you rather talk about? Guess we can go back to glib one liners and just continue telling everyone without a Luci to fuck themselves and have fun hating the game.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tried playing this game, I understand it, played it on my tablet and my phone, both seem to be doing horribly, got a few what i thoguht were nice things, but they cost 20 so i can never use them, end up using like Catwoman Bao or batman or robin, simply becasue they dont cost too much

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tried playing this game, I understand it, played it on my tablet and my phone, both seem to be doing horribly, got a few what i thoguht were nice things, but they cost 20 so i can never use them, end up using like Catwoman Bao or batman or robin, simply becasue they dont cost too much
You end up starting slow or grinding out dungeons to build up both stamina and team capacity. 20 isn't too much of a cost once you figure out some good low-cost subs. Post what you have and we can help.

Well fuck Df~ I don't know. Is anyone here using them? Do they like them? Do the non IAP players that don't roll during Godfests like them for Descends? Seems like plenty of people on the other P&D forum are using them for plenty of the descends with 0 stones. For fucks sake I like you guys more than random scrubs there and appreciate the community. What would you rather talk about? Guess we can go back to glib one liners and just continue telling everyone without a Luci to fuck themselves and have fun hating the game.
I love my Balance team. lvl98 cuchu, Zeus-Dios, Fully awoken Green Odin, King Woodsie, Max ulti-evo Toytops, Cuchu ally.

CuChu will get maxed next Super Emeralds. I'm contemplating leveling up the top evo and highlander I have just to awaken him. If I had a surplus of +eggs they would probably go on him just because I really do enjoy this team so much
My Zeus Dios is in the 60s (I think?) and is used only because he's a balance sub and has good/decent stats. I don't have any skill ups (and probably won't), so I don't think he is required for the team. I can probably sub out, but he is a trophy and a stat-stick.
GOdin. Nuff said. Well, not really. two skill boosts for everyone (3 turn to get my heartbreakers/heartmakers, fuck yeah), small autoheal, and big HP and decent atk. Another trophy/stat-stick.
King Woodsie is to get that inevitable 27x that I never end up needing. The gambler in my says "YOLO! Put in ZEAL!", the pussy in me says "He's your safety net, SAFETY NET! Stall more!". No skillups yet, max awoken (maybe 1 skill up?).
Toytops is down to 5 turns, so good synergy with CuChu to convert all hearts AND blue orbs to green. Let's me put up the big numbers for Neptune in OoH. I don't really use him for anything but this team, though maybe for some resist stuff later.

Because of the team, I have zero fear running Super Sapphire Kings Descended with my Balance team. It's great. I run anything that is somewhat blue to mostly blue with it. Even red isn't to bad given it's still a 4.5x multiplier and does good damage. I've not tried any of the other descends with it, but I think I might be able to do two heros or something similar if I had some good luck with orbs. On the other hand I have a berserker and highlander in literally every form already (and almost all of them max skill and close to the appropriate max level) so it's nothing but bragging rights if I can put it off. When water mechdragon comes back, my balance team will be attempting to farm master and/or legend.

Biggest problem is my Zeal isn't max skill yet (nor have I done the busty/ult on it yet for the balance sub).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I did my busty for Zeal last night but he's still low level since I pretty much abandoned him after giving up the mono-green Artemis team and the older ADK dragon teams. Probably going to do some more investing now though. My Forty isn't busty'd either b/c I still have a couple love level guys that were going to be used for Awakenings, just because. It is only one dub myth which sucks but could be worse like some others. Still haven't used my Tamadras from the twinlit dungeon so may just drop them on GOdin. Oh and with HxH Collab there's a balanced Delay, which could improve useability in some of the other descends. Want to keep messing with it but not waste STA for super kings tonight.

edit: had to go downstairs to get my tablet since not playing on phone anymore... it does require REM but am thinking about trying out a Cu Chu / Busty Artemis / ADKZ / Busty Susano / not sure...

Those 4 are all max skill so a lot of orb change potential and defensive stall. RCV isn't great though, sub 2k. And the last spot could be GOdin, Zeus-Dios. King Woodsie swings in for someone else for non-farming 27x time. Two Awakening on Artemis to get to skill boost... 2 for ADKZ for anything useful (arguable even there), GOdin is a good investment all around and the auto heal would help with low RCV... none needed for Susano don't think. Zeus-Dios would be 3 for skill boost which is probably too many for a guy to try and get to 30 skill (or 26'ish with others). Probably around 18k HP with that set up, low plus eggs to boot because I am lazy as hell at farming them and always want to do other things.