Puzzles and Dragons

Zynth

N00b
I'm not sure if its because I've been leveling my monsters like crazy on the pengdra cycle, but it seems like there's always an event or jewel dragon going. Sunday was the first time in weeks that I have had nothing to do other than farm +eggs which was kind of nice. For everyone around the 1 year mark, does it seem like there are a ton of events currently? Might just be a first world problem, but lately it feels like I constantly need to micro manage my stam with daily dragon invasions and back-to-back events going.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not sure if its because I've been leveling my monsters like crazy on the pengdra cycle, but it seems like there's always an event or jewel dragon going. Sunday was the first time in weeks that I have had nothing to do other than farm +eggs which was kind of nice. For everyone around the 1 year mark, does it seem like there are a ton of events currently? Might just be a first world problem, but lately it feels like I constantly need to micro manage my stam with daily dragon invasions and back-to-back events going.
It's insane for events. I'm honestly not even going to pay attention beyond farming up skill ups for my ADKZ (and maybe some cheap skill ups elsewhere). I'm probably just going to get the free stones and yolo roll once.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yea and it frustrates me to no end. All I want to do is farm plus eggs (which I mean I can) but they keep trapping me with rare skill up chasers, another 0/8 Hades skill ups, and still evo materials I need for stuff I'll never use.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get off the pengdra cycle as soon as you can. It is terribly stamina inefficient and clogs the shit out of your box. If you can reliably farm the last dungeon of each of the t5s and sea god of heaven you are good.

Events are coming about every other week. Skill ups are the bane of everyone.

My plan is to grab a tengu, some rks, some dubs and a few hera skill up fails. Then add about 50 boxes to make room for FA luci fails when Eva starts.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone see the new "rare material" dungeon? Dubs, RK, keepers, etc all in one dungeon. Can't wait to get fucking trolled on it as well.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I can't understate - that if your monster box can clear sea god of heaven you'll have a hard time doing any other dungeons. Mystic Mask invades save you an unbelievable amount of stamina over time (fuck the mask dungeon even on 2x). Additionally you get between 6k/7.3k xp for 15 stamina, and metal king invades are actually a very useful +xp invade. On the weekends ocean of heaven is 1.5x drops, its 10 rounds, often you pull in 7-8 monster drops. An occasional Mystic and occasional King are pure bonus. If you feed to color 8 drops from ocean is probably very close to 20,000 xp to color (blue/light) and coin wise you loot 33/43k / run which makes it a flat conversion/coin xp to get anything to level 50. My new account is on day 68, I've been lazy here and there about wasted stamina, but my account is now rank 108. I can still rank up daily. I could use vampire skill ups, but lightless devil for my monster box is wickedly slow, and the exp is garbage. I figure I'll just wait until poring tower comes back on its once a year cycle and run till my eyes bleed, It just doesn't compare to the overall value.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
oh yeah the Evo Mat Rush dungeon? Yeah that'll be five floors of Light Mythlits, Green Masks and a 2% chance for RK invade I'm sure. Here's your complimentary dildo, you know where to shove it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I could use vampire skill ups, but lightless devil for my monster box is wickedly slow, and the exp is garbage. I figure I'll just wait until poring tower comes back on its once a year cycle and run till my eyes bleed, It just doesn't compare to the overall value.
I just do a binge on half-sta Dungeon of Darkness every once in a while for my vampskill upsfails.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
honestly, my second account just can't farm mystic masks enough
frown.png
I just want mystics!

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
honestly, my second account just can't farm mystic masks enough
frown.png
I just want mystics!
On my first account, I went a 5 week stretch of running 100% of my stamina on mystic masks on Wednesdays and I came out with 2 masks in 500 and some stamina. Everytime one drops in Sea God, its like a 25 stamina present additionally.

Zynth

N00b
Just about everything I have worth leveling is over 30, most closer to 50. Is OoH and T5s still efficient for leveling at that point? Am I going to have to do several sub combines to get my feeders high enough to level to a 50+ monster? And then how much exp will I lose doing subcombines while feeding my fodder.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just about everything I have worth leveling is over 30, most closer to 50. Is OoH and T5s still efficient for leveling at that point? Am I going to have to do several sub combines to get my feeders high enough to level to a 50+ monster? And then how much exp will I lose doing subcombines while feeding my fodder.
0-30 straight trash feeds
30-50 feed ogre or knight one trash mob, then feed them
50-70 feed two trash to ogre/knight then feed

70+ kings. Try to not spend more than 1 gold for 1 xp. I usually move onto the next monster when I hit 60.

Zynth

N00b
I follow the 1xp > 1gp which is where my concern comes from since a lot my regularly used monsters are 50+

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I've run OOH for like 25 account ranks almost exclusively, and I'm up in account gold, which most of the cost has actually been combining +eggs on my luci. Other than that I have not fed one mob as a feeder to another yet. I straight feed, the later 40's arn't necessarily gold efficient - but its not so disproportionate that it actually sinks my gold reserves. Sea God is 33-45k gold per 15sta - its more than enough to feed all the monsters and still go up in gold especially when it isn't 1.5x drops and you only say get 4 drops total. I leveled my light metatron from 1- evolved to back up to almost 30 with just the light trash drops. My mermaid got both skill maxed and final evolved, she's 52, and my orochi got the same treatment back up to 30. My Luci is up to Lvl 91 and +75 Eggs with 10 more in the box, and my account has gained an absolute shit load of levels. There is no down side - I ran the pendra cycle on my first account, and I won't do it again. I'll run super kings on days they are up, the rest of the time just grinding ocean.

Ishad's post is relevant if you are farming any levels that are not Sea God of Heaven, or Beautiful Being - They both return an abnormal 2500g/s on average which is substantially higher than anything else - and nothing returns better gold. Only the last few stages of Starlight sanctuary break 2k. Looting 43,000 coins, and 8 monsters on sea god leaves you 5,300 gold per feed to just break even and that's assuming max drops. You'll get a lot more + eggs than you ever would in the pendra cycle - and as monsters get large +egg tallies it becomes quite expensive to add more that's been the largest resets to my coin quantity.

TLDR; Anything you loot in beautiful being or sea god of heaven can be fed as straight feeder and not cost you more gold than you will make up to monster level 53+

Zynth

N00b
Thanks for all the info, I'm just really skeptical since I usually run daily dragon invasions during double kings appearance (which has been very common lately) where I usually get 1 king per run on average for 20 sta feeding for 75000 exp and rarely tamadra. The drawback being no +eggs and poor rank exp. By that point I usually have a bunch of little dragons which I later use during the pengdra invasions although I'm usually going for light pengdras since the tricolor ones are fairly easy to come by and dark kings are available from a lot of other sources.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Most of the long term players on this board have done the pendra cycle. When it comes right down to it, the lack of +eggs matters a lot and when you starting talking 50 team cost monsters you need quite the rank to ultimate evo some of the best teams in the game. Puzzledragonx.com has the breakdowns of both the technicals and normals based on their avg stamina and gold per xp. Unless you specifically are farming like 1 2 specific technical levels your xp/sta doesn't eclipse 300. Sea God is 445. You should compare the math yourself, it honestly isn't even close. For 15 stamina, Sea God is worth 6600xp, 37,000 gold, and probably worth 10-20k monster experience and all invades are mystic masks or 75k/50k xp bonus feeder. When its 1.5x drops all weekend the monster exp probably goes up to 18-25k or better.

Zynth

N00b
I agree, the +eggs and team cost have just in the past few weeks started becoming a concern. After rank 100 my next goal was 100 sta which took about 3 or 4 months of running the daily bonus T5s so I was pretty burnt out on them by that point. By the time I made it there my monsters weren't really high enough to tackle the harder descended dungeons reliably so I did a good bit of research into leveling them. At the time it was widely agreed upon that pengdras were the best so I had been doing that on and off while tackling more and more difficult descendeds. It might be time to go back to T5s for ranks and +eggs but that link earlier from /r/PuzzleAndDragons made me realize I have a few team options that should be able to take down KoG consistently.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm realizing I have plenty of team options to reliably do KoG, but not the friend list to support it
smile.png
For instance zero Goemon up, one Satan, one Byakko, one Zeus, haha... I'll just keep going with Horus farm.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch coming tomorrow. Got my tengu off the first run of legend. Time to start working on my team for izanami. Don't know that I'll ever bother with dios or beelzebub.