Puzzles and Dragons

Df~_sl

shitlord
I wish they would make some of the useless monsters even somewhat useful...

Dual Resist Dragons... loss of stats + large cooldown time on their conversion BAD
Golems... HAHAHAHAHA
ArchAngel/Alruane - Alruanes heal on 10 turns is actually pretty decent, but Archangel is just... No

As for Golems/Mystic Knights being on the Rare Egg Machine rather than the PAL machine... Rage inducing sometimes.

Not like any of that matters to them though... pretty much the same as the Nintendo DS... wearing money hats!

Paging Urgoslav: a mashup of the nintendo ds "it prints money" gif using the rare egg machine. I will leave the creativity up to you!

ShaKadelic_sl

shitlord
So, since 5.0 is out, everybody talks about evolving their starter once more, or even evolving their ogres into some dual-colour monstrosity. But, how can i do that? Neither the 3 starter nor the ogres show up as evolvable to me. Also, is the green / red Ifrit an evolution too, or is he just a lucky rare maschine pull?

Df~_sl

shitlord
Those evolutions are known as "busty" evolutions. They are done in the powerup menu by selecting the correct materials. The power-up button will change to a different color. MAKE SURE THIS HAPPENS or you will lose your expensive mats and nothing will happen!

You can look up the materials needed for ifrit here:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=ifrit

Looks like all the latebloomer dual color dragons require Dub Myth + 3 Dub of new color + dragon fruit... but check that site to be sure!

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What bullshit. My rolls were so bad on my main account that I actually double checked because I thought I was on the PAL machine for a second. I coulda had 75 more boxes instead. This is why I wont spend money on this game; It's gambling. At last with other IAP games you know what you're buying. :p

My second account only had 5 stones saved for one roll. I got Viper Orochi. Not really sure where he would ever fit into my dark team.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
What bullshit. My rolls were so bad on my main account that I actually double checked because I thought I was on the PAL machine for a second. I coulda had 75 more boxes instead. This is why I wont spend money on this game; It's gambling. At last with other IAP games you know what you're buying. :p

My second account only had 5 stones saved for one roll. I got Viper Orochi. Not really sure where he would ever fit into my dark team.
Viper Orochi IS your team now. Find a AMA helper, and some low HP/high atk fillers, and you can crush.

Oh, and Bastet+Isis makes weekend dungeons very fun. Of course, with another Isis, it'd be even better, but who is counting?

Thengel

Does anyone know if any of the P&D knockoffs actually reward you for anything other than random ass luck - of which I have none? I've reached the point where there is absolutely nothing to do in this game any more but save stones for a godfest and then get shit upon. I actually really enjoy the game concept and the orb matching game, but the pokemon part of the game is shit, and their business model is completely fuck the consumer. It's really a shame that they are bathing in money, because it'll just encourage it. I know I won't ever give them another dime, after my 10$ bought me absolutely nothing.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
30 Stones pulled me a Bastet, Odin, Ares, Isis, Flame Knight and some shitty Golem. Overall not too bad though. Not sure what team to level now x_x

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Spent $10 and got Freya (1.5 fire attack+rcu) and Cupid.
Cupid is kinda shit but I don't have her and she'll go nicely in the healer party. Seems kind of fucked up to put 3 star monsters in the rare machine.

Time to level up my red and green rippers I suppose

Df~_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know if any of the P&D knockoffs actually reward you for anything other than random ass luck - of which I have none? I've reached the point where there is absolutely nothing to do in this game any more but save stones for a godfest and then get shit upon. I actually really enjoy the game concept and the orb matching game, but the pokemon part of the game is shit, and their business model is completely fuck the consumer. It's really a shame that they are bathing in money, because it'll just encourage it. I know I won't ever give them another dime, after my 10$ bought me absolutely nothing.
I sort of agree with you. However, the big difference here is that the gameplay is actually fun and you CAN enjoy the game without using ANY IAP. Nothing is preventing you from playing the game like you cannot buy stones.

They give out enough stones/PAL that you can field at least one viable team if you pull during godfests.

If you would have used your 10 dollars of stones to refill stamina or add boxes you would have probably been much better off.

Stam refill during 2X King Gold Dragons sounds pretty nice to me...

Now its true that if you are IAP your initial pulls dont matter so much... but if you arent IAP there is nothing stopping you from rerolling until you get a top tier god then saving stones until a godfest event.

Thengel

I sort of agree with you. However, the big difference here is that the gameplay is actually fun and you CAN enjoy the game without using ANY IAP. Nothing is preventing you from playing the game like you cannot buy stones.

They give out enough stones/PAL that you can field at least one viable team if you pull during godfests.

If you would have used your 10 dollars of stones to refill stamina or add boxes you would have probably been much better off.

Stam refill during 2X King Gold Dragons sounds pretty nice to me...

Now its true that if you are IAP your initial pulls dont matter so much... but if you arent IAP there is nothing stopping you from rerolling until you get a top tier god then saving stones until a godfest event.
No, I have enough boxes and stam. I have plenty of 'viable' teams. I don't have an odin or amatseru, zeus, hera, hades, viper orochi. My 'viable' teams have done everything they can do. I could spend a few weeks grinding them up to max level, and they wouldn't be able to do anything they can't right now.

Df~_sl

shitlord
@Thengel

I am not sure what part of the game you are at right now, but Zues and Hera are both farmable with different teams (some requiring many more stones than others). Part of the game design thats awesome is the "helper" slot.

You dont need an Amaterasu if your friend has one. You don't need an Odin if your friend has one. You don't need a viper if your friend has one. And especially for Viper (odin not so much). There is nothing stopping you from farming an account particularly to have as a helper.

Can you use a certain strat if you dont have one of the two required leaders? Nope. But you can use another strat. There are viable farmable zombie teams... though they require much more skill, time, and luck.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Freyja account 2 rolls for a Bastet
Minerva account's 4 rolls only netted an ADK. Guh
Main Yomi/Shiva account 2 rolls pulled Horus. Rainbow time! Me and Velk gonna drop bombs like Hiroshima. I really need a decent Light monster now to fill out the roster though...

Anyone pulled a Goemon since the patch? I know he's not part of the godfest, just curious. Seems like the most fun possible dual leader.

Df~_sl

shitlord
When ADK doesnt autowin anymore... I have to go Healer/Resist. I am not sure that part of the game will change unless I go IAP and get egyptian god team or something...

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boo. Rolled and got a Toytops, Mermaid, Ice knight, and a Bestet. Bestet is kinda awesome, running that + Isis for 7.5x on 3 color/4 combo attacks is pretty fun.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The randomness is a good thing. Like I said above, It's gambling, pure and simple; that's why I won't spend money. But on the flip side, the random nature means you can't really "pay to win" as much as a lot of other IAP games out there. A person who gets a few lucky rolls and spends nothing can do just as well as someone who spends a bunch of cash.

That said, there are two things that REALLY bug me about this game.

1) Leveling pets. I HATE HATE HATE this system. Dragon plants, Gem Dragons, Pendragas, having to farm the shit over a course of a week to get the parts needed to feed... fucking annoying. I wish it was just as simple as higher level dungeons drop higher level trash that offer higher exp to feed your pets; end of story. Don't even get me started on leveling the SKILLS.

2) Friends/Helpers. I have almost a full friends list of people I picked who had pets that complimented my team. Now, hardly any of those friends are playing the leader they were using when I selected them. Half my fucking friends list is now ADK's.

They need to either:

a) Add a slot like Tower of Saviors where you select the pet you want to offer your friends as a helper no matter what team you're using.
b) Let me use one of my own pets in the helper slot. Sure it's kinda anti-social, but the friends option is still there if you want to use something you don't have. :p

Df~_sl

shitlord
Haha, I agree with you again...

Letting you pick which pet to help your friends would be great!

Its very funny watching my list put up their color rippers for whatever sky dragon is up and then back to ADKs again after. Same thing with Shivas/Vipers on Wed/Fri.

I thought they added pengdraga drops on the higher level technicals already?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
+117 Horus, Crafty? What in the jesus....

*except now everyone is running their Horus and Isis, etc... No more GValk friends, haha