Puzzles and Dragons

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Master difficulty demons and expert difficulty demons are on a whole other level. It's not that their damage is increased (and it is, but not too much), but that their resistance is just that much higher (and more of a pain in the ass). Double up on matching if you can. The best is having 8+ orbs for a 5match and a 3match (or 9 orbs for 3x 3match if it's single target like on waves 5, 9, or 10).

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

And man, I fucked up managing my stamina today. Had ~49 left when I woke up, and did expert and adept on dark sky dragon, and then ranked up to refill. Had I just waited a couple minutes and started with master on sky dragon, I'd have been much happier overall
frown.png
Oh, I'm sure they are, but as far as I'm concerned, if you're one shotting expert, then you should be okay in Master, at least passable.

We'll see if I can find an Ama who can outheal the boss, fucker attacking every turn is kinda nonsensical. But Hades, Full evolved Red Starter, Full green ripper, Gigas, Fafnir ended up going pretty well. There's enough punch from any gem combo except blue on that team that I can really put the hurting on waves.

frown.png

frown.png

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am hoping that they are going to start cyclying the colors including GOLD! .... and I am HOPING that they will make mondays 1.5 on technicals...

But there is no evidence to either of those...
What's the big deal about gold? To feed to light monsters? Isn't that the same situation as feeding metal to dark? Without dark/light pendragas you're relying on luck to get kings for feeding and all the little ones are a waste. Seems like feeding off-color evolved pens is more reliable and efficient until they add dark/light pendragas.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh, I'm sure they are, but as far as I'm concerned, if you're one shotting expert, then you should be okay in Master, at least passable.

We'll see if I can find an Ama who can outheal the boss, fucker attacking every turn is kinda nonsensical. But Hades, Full evolved Red Starter, Full green ripper, Gigas, Fafnir ended up going pretty well. There's enough punch from any gem combo except blue on that team that I can really put the hurting on waves.
SE: 342,142,208
Velk: 331,940,209
Random Friend I addeD ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> *//G): 302,241,200

Derek has a great AO too, though he doesn't always have it out.

What's the big deal about gold? To feed to light monsters? Isn't that the same situation as feeding metal to dark? Without dark/light pendragas you're relying on luck to get kings for feeding and all the little ones are a waste. Seems like feeding off-color evolved pens is more reliable and efficient until they add dark/light pendragas.
Yes/no. Gold Dragons are more rare, so even the chance at a king or high isn't often. In addition the gold sell for a shit load (300k to sell a king, not that I'll ever do that given the light monsters I have). Evolved Pendraga is like 30k, so it's worthwhile to feed it to skill up a light monster, but I'd much rather burn 5-10 stones to try for a few kings/highs.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Having WAY more luck on kings in the ruby dungeon today than I ever did during the "double king event." And yes, there are two things that are awesome about gold dragons - one is it lets you feed light monsters, which are a huge pain in the ass to level up. Secondly, gold dragons sell for, well, lots of gold, so you can just sell off the little ones.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
SE: 342,142,208
Velk: 331,940,209
Random Friend I addeD ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> *//G): 302,241,200

Derek has a great AO too, though he doesn't always have it out.
If someone has RR in their name I instant invite.

If you have some form of name without it and I don't accept the invite send me a message on the forums and I'll make room.

ShaKadelic_sl

shitlord
While we are on subject, long time lurker here, getting his ass kicked at Hyperion Lava Flow / Shrine of Liquid Flame.

327,040,211 running ADK, some ripper or alraune (if i have to, siren is still a mermaid)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
While we are on subject, long time lurker here, getting his ass kicked at Hyperion Lava Flow / Shrine of Liquid Flame.

327,040,211 running ADK, some ripper or alraune (if i have to, siren is still a mermaid)
I'm in the same place for techs/normal dungeons, though it's just a lack of focus on them with distractions from the Sky dragons. How are you doing with the Sky/Mech dragon dungeons? That can sometimes indicated where you are going to have trouble, etc.

What's the rest of your monster box look like? For Shrine I've been running GOdin with an Amat-O or high-level Siren ally and blue/dark/light rippers and Hades (Only switch is red-ripper for leader when doing Hyperion). I'm usually able to power through. The ADK might have a hard time, since you'll do 1/2 damage to the fire and double to the water (where as with water-based damage you double and normal, respectively).

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
If anyone is curious about farming expert level dark sky dragon with a lower level account I gave it a shot on the alt account.

I took a mystic dark knight 3* as my leader for the 30% reduction (all I had on hand for dark resist)
Subs:
Dragon Knight (level 4* before adk evolve)
Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit

Leader Ally: My main account Amaterasu

Go go dragon fruit team beating the shit out of the sky dragon.

Half a level of exp for the clear at 64.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
If someone has RR in their name I instant invite.

If you have some form of name without it and I don't accept the invite send me a message on the forums and I'll make room.
Same goes for me...RR gets an instant accept, but without it...No promises.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If anyone is curious about farming expert level dark sky dragon with a lower level account I gave it a shot on the alt account.

I took a mystic dark knight 3* as my leader for the 30% reduction (all I had on hand for dark resist)
Subs:
Dragon Knight (level 4* before adk evolve)
Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit
Dragon Fruit

Leader Ally: My main account Amaterasu

Go go dragon fruit team beating the shit out of the sky dragon.

Half a level of exp for the clear at 64.
What's the fruit cost? Dub-mythlit is another beastly low-cost (lulz 1 team cost) monster that should be a staple on any low-level team.

velk

Trakanon Raider

What team are you trying them with? I've found with ADK that the best path is damn the torpedos, balls to the wall damage. Red dungeons are obviously your worst matchup, but you have some flexibility in what dragons you can use - a blue ripper/mech helps make up for the damage reduction your two adk leaders get, and white/black rippers still do full damage on red.

With my ADK team ( ADK, CDK, 3 random rippers/ADK ) and ADK helpers I had no trouble clearing all the technicals through temple trailoyka - I died a couple of times to bad luck or planning, but most of the time I cleared it before the ripper's breath weapon was up.

ADK team has pretty low health, so I found swapping ADK leader for even a top tier healer actually made things harder, because you lack the punch to explode dub-lits and masks. Hell, even knights hit for like 2.5-3k so taking an extra round to kill stuff hurts more than the auto heals you get.

It's also a lot more fun than when I did them with Odin/Amaterasu/Neptune - that was safe but slow and boring ;p

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
What's the fruit cost? Dub-mythlit is another beastly low-cost (lulz 1 team cost) monster that should be a staple on any low-level team.
Dragon Fruit is only 1 cost.

I do not have any dub-mythlits on my alt account currently. Going to farm up a few this coming friday.

ShaKadelic_sl

shitlord
Can beat all Mech / Skydragons on expert except the new dark for some reason.
My Box:
- red ripper (tommorow + green ripper, and maybe black, blue und white are ~50's)
- alraune
- anubis (useless piece of shit)
- white mech
- ADK
- fafnir
- all 3 starters @*5
- low naga / mermaid
- 50 gigas
- ifrit
- vampire lord

So you see, nothing amazing, but ill try my best. One thing i contemplate about is to what dual colour i should evolve fafnir.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
My Box:
- red ripper (tommorow + green ripper, and maybe black, blue und white are ~50's)
- alraune
- white mech
- ADK
- fafnir
- all 3 starters @*5
- low naga / mermaid
- 50 gigas
- ifrit
- vampire lord

So you see, nothing amazing, but ill try my best. One thing i contemplate about is to what dual colour i should evolve fafnir.
Do you have any dark resist creatures?

Anything with 30%+ dark resist grouped with my Amaterasu and you should fly through expert dark sky dragon.

Toss me an invite if you aren't already on my friends list.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My Box:
- alraune
- white mech
- ADK
- fafnir
- all 3 starters @*5
- low naga / mermaid
- 50 gigas
- ifrit
- vampire lord

You should be able to pull a lil black or black dragon from Adept/expert dark sky. I walked out with 4 from clearing all 3 versions. Get that to "Black Dragon" for 30% resist, and just clear it for drops.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Funny, i failed with my own alraune and helper hades. i guess my healer is too weak, will try again, thanks for the help.
smile.png
I just accepted your invite and refreshed my Ama so she will show up on your list for the next hour.

Grab that little black dragon and my Ama and go farming!

smile.png

smile.png

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
How do friends show on your list? I have a staple 2-3 Alarunes that are always there but Your Ama and Velks are never on when I want them for Expert runs 8)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Funny, i failed with my own alraune and helper hades. i guess my healer is too weak, will try again, thanks for the help.
smile.png
Alarune/Siren both suffer from the "3x RCV" vs AmatO's "5x RCV". Given that the ally AmatO's RCV from this board generally are 550+, it should be easier with your own resist.

Comparing Alarune and AmatO at lvl 51 (which is crazy low for the big AmatO's), Alarune heals for ~1854/turn and AmatO heals for ~2000.
Here's a chart:http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=139&c=203
Again, given the absurd stats of Velk's and SE's AmatOs, it's easier to do 30% resist with massive healing than it is to do 50% resist with minimal healing.

Jesus, SE's does like 3500+ a round, that's pretty retarded.

smile.png

smile.png