Quake 25th Anniversary Enhanced Edition

Mick

<Gold Donor>
$9.99 - It is out on PC, switch, PlayStation, and Xbox and features up to 4K resolution and widescreen support on compatible platforms, enhanced models, dynamic lighting, anti-aliasing, depth of field and more.
It is a free upgrade if you already own it on Steam.

• 7Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Picked this up as I was unable to complain about the price and nostalgia at all. I can't believe how after all these years, I still remember where almost all of the secrets are in each map. Found every one in Episode one without an issue.

Game uses the same pak based mod structure for mods too and I think I have a lot of them saved on some old storage server somewhere that I'll have to dig up. Who's starting up the FOH community server?

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does it offer multiplayer? Capture the flag with the grappling hook was the absolute best.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Does it offer multiplayer? Capture the flag with the grappling hook was the absolute best.
Yep, from what it looks like, it's fully integrated with mod support and built in server browser (but those may be peer to peer only, not sure. I only saw like 10 servers this morning)

But can still get some kinda unique server code to join others it seems like. I haven't played too much around with it.

• 2Like
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Oh God original Team Fortress please.
Hell yeah. Nostalgia through the fucking roof! Let's also bring back Quake 2 Jailbreak while we're at it.

1632097776279.png

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Hell yeah. Nostalgia through the fucking roof! Let's also bring back Quake 2 Jailbreak while we're at it.

View attachment 373441
That sweet fuckin Hendrix lick when you spring your mates from the hoosegow...

Actually when I fired up Q2 RTX I looked at multi and there were a few servers, and even a jailbreak! Unfortunately it was empty. My favorite mod.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck all that give me border jumpers

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got this on Switch, kinda wish I'd gotten it on PS5 or PC but whatever. Maybe I'll be glad I got this version once I have a Switch OLED. Always wanted to play this back in the day and never had the chance. I actually thought Id would remake this next like they did with Wolfenstein and Doom, i.e. an entirely new modern version of it. However a port is also cool so I can finally experience it.

This might be obvious, but for anyone wondering, this includes the main game (4 Episodes) and what looks like four expansion packs on top of that.

Between this and the Doom 64 remaster (another game I missed back in the day) I'm set on retro FPSes for a while.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got this on Switch, kinda wish I'd gotten it on PS5 or PC but whatever. Maybe I'll be glad I got this version once I have a Switch OLED. Always wanted to play this back in the day and never had the chance. I actually thought Id would remake this next like they did with Wolfenstein and Doom, i.e. an entirely new modern version of it. However a port is also cool so I can finally experience it.

This might be obvious, but for anyone wondering, this includes the main game (4 Episodes) and what looks like four expansion packs on top of that.

Between this and the Doom 64 remaster (another game I missed back in the day) I'm set on retro FPSes for a while.
Its on gamepass FWIW if you have that for PC.