Quotes To Live By

Jais

Trakanon Raider
"No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going.
To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man. "

-Hondo

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
"If you think, you're late. If you're late, you muscle. If you muscle, you get tired. If you tired, you die. "
-Saulo Ribeiro

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spum_sl

shitlord
Egon: Vince, you said before you were waiting for a sign. What sign are you waiting for?

Vince Klortho: Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zools knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know, once in a while it is my pleasure, and my privilege to welcome here at the Refreshment Room some of the truly great international artists of our time. And tonight we have one such artist. Ladies and gentlemen, someone who I've always personally admired, perhaps more deeply, more strongly, more ... abjectly than any other performer. A man, well, more than a man, a god! A great god, whose personality is so totally and utterly wonderful, that my feeble words of welcome sound wretchedly and pathetically inadequate. Someone whose boots I would gladly lick clean, until holes wore through my tongue! A man who is so totally and utterly wonderful, that I would rather be sealed in a pit of my own filth than dare tread on the same stage with him! Ladies and gentlemen, the incomparably superior human being, Harry Fink!

Monty Python

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Heineken Uncertainty Principle: You can never be sure how many beers you had last night.

Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wilma Flintstone smiles at trees.

Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his worst enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.
The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous... is his dog.

A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

George Graham Vest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An injurious truth has no merit over an injurious lie. Neither should ever be uttered.

Mark Twain

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
"Who's this hoe writing you letters? Fuck this bitch, Imma kill this bitch. Bitch can't take my man. Thirsty ass hoes."
-Margret Thatcher

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
"How the hell am I going to get this fucking baby out of this woman's pristine vagina without trying to have sex with her"
-William Halsted

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
"Holy shit, I'm a surgeon. I can't even deliver babies. I can have sex with her."
-William Halsted, approximately 3 minutes later

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
"I need a cigarette and way more cocaine than I have already been doing all day, maybe some morphine for a speedball. That hoe was on point, my balls feel like they were dipped in holy water."
-William Halsted, approximately 19 minutes after the last approximation of 3 minutes after the original, profound statement that shall live on in history forever