R.I.P Stuart Scott.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Taken far too early. At least Ray Lewis is still on ESPN though. #blessings

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Stuart Scott was awesome when he was with Rich Eisen. Somewhere along the line his googly eye got 100x worse and he started to go overboard with the ebonics bullshit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, didn't expect something like this this morning, RIP

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
RIP, seemed like a good dude

Why couldn't it have been Stephen A Smith or Chris Berman instead?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
RIP. Made Sportscenter part of what it became. Cool as the other side of the pillow.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Stuart Scott was awesome when he was with Rich Eisen. Somewhere along the line his googly eye got 100x worse and he started to go overboard with the ebonics bullshit.
There must be something about the culture of ESPN that reduces their television personalities to a caricature of themselves over time. It doesn't bode well for Gruden. He's already unbearable.

Stuart Scott was a Carolina guy. He had MC'd the midnight session at the beginning of basketball practice for several years, even when he was really too sick to be on top of his game. He didn't MC this year because he was just not able to.

R I P

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Rest in R.I.P. Sweet prince
tumblr_m9u1qsmwI71qakh43o1_500.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The eye issue was due to his cancer I thought. As a parent of two daughters the part that hits the most is how he'll never see what his girls will become. Aside from them going first it's probably the worst thing that you could think of as a parent. Whatever you thought of him as a Sportscenter character, definitely much respect for the fight he showed.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Man that sucks. I remember when he first came back he was talking about how hard he was working to beat it, how he had taken everything remotely negative out of his diet because he had an obligation to his daughters. In the end it just doesn't matter how hard you try sometimes though. Man fuck cancer.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The eye issue was due to his cancer I thought.
No his eye issue was the result of getting hit in the face by a football while he stood on the sidelines during a Jets practice. It damaged his cornea and his eyelid drooped afterwards.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Super sucks, I grew up watching him (when Sportscenter was good!). Fucking cancer.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
No his eye issue was the result of getting hit in the face by a football while he stood on the sidelines during a Jets practice. It damaged his cornea and his eyelid drooped afterwards.
Didn't he end up going blind in both eyes though? Did he get hit twice? I'm pretty sure the last couple of years he was legally blind.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I haven't watched Sportscenter in years but I really did enjoy him and Rich Eisen together. I'm more bummed than I thought I would be hearing this news.
frown.png

?I never ask what stage I?m in,? he said recently over lunch. ?I haven?t wanted to know. It won?t change anything to me. All I know is that it would cause more worry and a higher degree of freakout. Stage 1, 2 or 8, it doesn?t matter. I?m trying to fight it the best I can.?
As a cancer survivor myself this statement that he made is inspirational as fuck for me. It's so hard not to freak out just thinking about the fact you need to have chemo or radiation or *insert really shitty treatment here* but he took it a step further and conquered his fear and lived his life. I coped with my chemo side effects with medical marijuana. What'd he do to cope with his? He did MMA and high intensity training. That is hardcore. Walking up a flight of stairs is enough to make me need a nap. I respect that immensely and wish I had that in me also.

ESPN Anchor?s Private Battle With Cancer Becomes a Public One