Radiohead - Burn the Witch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
new song from their forthcoming album, as yet untitled. Sounds more promising than King of Limbs but still not a return to their older style.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Definitely better than KoL stuff. But yeah, not up to par with previous work. The video is cool though. Very Steven Wilson.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think that is / has been over for a long while. Johnny seems to be much more in to his orchestral work. Do like the Burn the Witch song though, don't really mind this sound.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, they finally released True Love Waits on an album, that only took 21 years

Jive Turkey

Karen
Radiohead haven't been a guitar driven band since 1997 and even then, it was only for 2 and a half albums. I much prefer the experimentation they've been doing since. Burn the Witch is incredible. Not feeling Daydreaming as much just yet

Del

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit, they finally released True Love Waits on an album, that only took 21 years
And the live version is still far superior. :/

I like the album, but I'm feeling a bit disappointed on how mellow it is. They get more and more sleepy each album.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
About halfway through my first listen. Better than KoL so far but still not great. Hopefully it grows on me a bit more. At least there is more guitar this time.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
About halfway through my first listen. Better than KoL so far but still not great. Hopefully it grows on me a bit more. At least there is more guitar this time.
This has really grown on me after the third playthrough. The only song that I'm not enjoying is the 1/2 speed True Love Waits. Maybe I just got too used to the live version but I'm really finding it difficult to get through that song and usually just cut the album off when it starts. That was the last song that I'd never heard them play live and always wanted to and now when I go see them next I get to hear this crappy version of it.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
The video is cool though. Very Steven Wilson.
I can help:

Yeah, The Wicker Man retold in a kid's show.
biggrin.png

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
Sucks. I liked when this band was guitar driven.
I think it's good, but the band was definitely better when guitar-driven... agreed. The guitar work in PH, The Bends, and OKC is just trailblazing. Kid A is something special, though, and not very guitar centric. I can't think of many bands that have created as many great songs as Radiohead.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Haven't been able to enjoy a Radiohead album since tripping balls to Hail to the Thief back in college.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The more I listen to this the less I like it. Not the typical direction you get with multiple listens. I still like it more than King of Limbs though.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I take it this isnt a cover of the name of the same song from Queens of the Stone Age ?