Raising Hope

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started watching this show recently and how did I never really hear about it? Sucks it got cancelled, Dillenhunt really needs to be in more movies/shows. Everything ive seen him in he was serious so threw me off seeing him as the dumb goof. Him teaching Hope how to play beer pong after finding out her college was paid for was hilarious

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dillahunt is awesome, we had a nice derail about him in the Deadwood thread.

The show ran it's course. By the end every single episode was just "Oh BTW when Jimmy was young we did something insane and outrageous to/for/about him, TIME FOR THAT TO COME BACK AND BITE US IN THE ASS!" every single week.

Very underrated show, especially before the last season. Very worthy successor to My Name is Earl. Shame the next follow up by Greg Garcia is the absolutely horrendous The Millers.

Homsar

Dillahunt is awesome, we had a nice derail about him in the Deadwood thread.

The show ran it's course. By the end every single episode was just "Oh BTW when Jimmy was young we did something insane and outrageous to/for/about him, TIME FOR THAT TO COME BACK AND BITE US IN THE ASS!" every single week.
I didnt really think that about season 4 but I also kind had episodes jumbled from all the season. Season 4 definitelly had plenty of great episodes think. I didnt even mind the musical where Dillahunt becomes Jewish, maybe that was season 3

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The gay bar episode was pretty funny too. But the show lost a lot of it's charm by having the kids get together, move in, and married all super fast. They also killed a lot of time previously devoted to Cloris Leachman who was pretty awesome. It was a really good show, a notch or two short of any classic sitcom, just hardly anyone watched it.

PS There was a lot of great Easter Egg type stuff too. I never watched My Name is Earl, but I guess there was a lot of crossovers. And the local ice-cream truck with the sign "We don't sell pot anymore." killed me every time.

Homsar

iT wasnt as good as Arrested Development but it definitely seems like they pulled the same shit at fox and didnt know how to market it. Also Shannon Woodard (Sabrina) is way more attractive than she should be, maybe its theconservative look

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didnt really think that about season 4 but I also kind had episodes jumbled from all the season. Season 4 definitelly had plenty of great episodes think. I didnt even mind the musical where Dillahunt becomes Jewish, maybe that was season 3
Season 4 wasn't bad at all. It was just like Earl where if you've been watching it in order for years it was pretty clear they were stretching for stories.

The Burt Jew one was season 3(I'm IMDBing) and now that I look at it a lot of the Jimmy's secret childhood shit was that season also. Season 4 was more like a goofy victory lap. Like they clearly ran out of story to advance. As someone mentioned, Jimmy is already married and in a nice house with a kid. Burt and Virginia are rock solid and always will be. Mawmaw is just a goofy side character, though they really should have made her more of a focus for the last season. So they didn't have a ton to do.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I will still never forget Barney's speech about ABS...
I am proud to announce this Saturday Howdy's will be teaming up with the Natesville Radishes to sponsor the first annual Angry bowel syndrome.
Now, ABS.
Is similar to irritable bowel syndrome, except your bowels are in a blind rage.
And we're lucky to have Ricardo Montes as our spokesman.
Together we can make a difference.
ABS may not be the number one bowel disorder in the world, but it's rapidly pushing number two.
Is that true, Barney, or is it just a load of crap? Hey, hey, hey, no brown humor.
Poopy jokes are too easy.
Angry bowel syndrome can affect anybody.
Your father, your mother, even your boss.
That's right, your boss.
And it's because of behavior like this that I suffered in silence for years.
Sadly, I was too embarrassed to make a stink about it.
I'll walk the 1k.
And you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
Barney's up here courageously admitting that he has a serious condition, and you guys are acting like children.
Thank you, James.
At least there's someone here that knows that ABS is nothing to joke about.
We need to voice our support because silence can be deadly.
The fight against ABS will get the push it deserves to finally make a big splash.
Sufferers of this condition are tired of hiding like turtles in their shells.
It's time for this turtle's head to poke out.
Barney, you're not doing yourself any favors.
Uh Ricardo.
Could you please stop pinching that loaf? Oh, come on.

But I do agree that this show has a limited life span in terms of how long until the bit gets old. Unlike the one I still bitterly long to see more of (Better Off Ted).

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I also found this show after it had been canceled and watched a bunch of them.

Not every episode was great, but man when they wrote a good episode they really wrote a good episode. Dillahunt said the original title for the show was going to be "Keep Hope Alive", but the suits nixxed that because it was too dark.

Keep Hope Alive would have been better.

Homsar

But I do agree that this show has a limited life span in terms of how long until the bit gets old. Unlike the one I still bitterly long to see more of (Better Off Ted).
While not as light hearted as better off ted, Dont Trust the Bitch in apartment 23 is another show need more seasons along with happy endings. Ugh why do all the great shows typically get screwed and were left with laugh tracks or shows like Friends with better lives, the millers, Mulanie that all get cancelled instantly